Thread: Marzocchi

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Marzocchi

What's up guys? I have a 2013 Trek Fuel EX8 and I'm thinking about replacing the stock fork with a Marzocchi. Is it worth it? Which one would you recommend? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Can someone please move my thread to the proper place? I accidentally hit the wrong button. Thanks.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Whats wrong with the Fox that comes stock on it? Both brands make fine products. The Fuel is more XC oriented so I imagine you might prefer the lighter fox to the zoke. If the build was from the frame up I would say go with what you prefer. Since you bought the complete bike my money says if it aint broke don't fix it.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra View Post
    Whats wrong with the Fox that comes stock on it? Both brands make fine products. The Fuel is more XC oriented so I imagine you might prefer the lighter fox to the zoke. If the build was from the frame up I would say go with what you prefer. Since you bought the complete bike my money says if it aint broke don't fix it.
    Thanks for the reply. I just came back to riding again this year since I stopped riding back in 2004 and I just noticed that the fork that came stock with the bike is not as smooth as the Marzocchi that I had before.

mtbr member

Marzocchi

Once you ride a Zoke its hard to put up with anything else. Marzocchi now makes the 44 series that's super smooth and can be found on sale at a number of online outlets. If the 44 is to small look at the 55. I went from a Marzocchi AM to a Pike to a Van 160 and nothing could match up to the feel of the AM and my 66RC2X that was on bike #2. I now run a 55 Micro Ti and its great. Marzocchi is still in the game. A little slow at this point to get into 27.5 but they are working on it.

Canfield Brothers
    Seeing how this ended up in our forum, I wanted to chime in on Marz. Hangtime is right - Marz is back and we are super stoked on their current offerings. We just added new frame and fork packages to our webstore that can save you quite a bit of $ when purchasing a frame and fork together. *Please note, our Marz forks are ONLY available through us with our frame packages.
    Canfield Brothers Nimble 9