Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Lightest "One" builds

Curious to see how light a One can be built to.
    Here's a chance for the weight weenies (we know you're out there) to show off.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.

mtbr member
    31 pound 'ish. With a dropper post. But I cant document that number any longer.

mtbr member
    My 11' large One is 34.97lbs. Sporting a 670g Rase dropper post and coil both ends. Ti spring on the Elka and the coil lyrik has an Avalanche open bath cart. The only carbon on the bike is the XO cranks.

I reckon I could still knock off an extra 2lbs while still keeping the post and coil's.
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

Canfield Brothers
    I had my 2012 built up at 30.5 lbs with pretty stout parts. Saved a bunch of weight on wheels with the 1750 gram Crossmax SX's. My bro now owns this bike with a Boxxer and DH tires at 34lbs.

Lightest "One" builds-one_5photoshopped.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    My bro now owns this bike with a Boxxer and DH tires at 34lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One_5photoshopped.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	816834
    Keeelington treachery!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    I had my 2012 built up at 30.5 lbs with pretty stout parts. Saved a bunch of weight on wheels with the 1750 gram Crossmax SX's. My bro now owns this bike with a Boxxer and DH tires at 34lbs.

Name:	One_5photoshopped.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	816834
    That's the kind of number I was hoping for. Considering setting up a One for enduro (at least until your new 650-160mm travel bike comes out next year )
    Was thinking along the lines of a Lyrik, your 1x10 setup with WTB i23s, Formula Ones, and some lightish cranks.
    Might be able to break that 30lb barrier.

mtbr member
    Its definitely possible.

mtbr member
    definitely possible to get in at 30lbs. not cheap, but doable. Lots of carbon bits, XX or XTR 1x10, Crossmax SX/ZTR Flows (if you're a lightweight), and light suspension might do it. Mine is an XL size, X9 1x10 drivetrain, reverb stealth, big XT brakes, relatively heavy DT Swiss FR600 wheelset, Float 180/DBair, and a ridiculously heavy cassette, and it's 34.6 if I remember correctly.

I could theoretically replace my existing parts with lighter ones and save a pound on the wheelset, half a lb on the fork, 1/3 lb on the shock, half a lb on the cranks/derailleur, almost half a lb on the cassette, and ditch the dropper post for another 1lb. That would land me somewhere in the 30.8ish range. Then some more carbon bits like bars, saddle, stem, etc will get you that last 0.8lb. All that is going to be pretty darn expensive, but SUPER sweet. You'd have an absolute destroyer of a bike.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Mine is ~38lbs. I have mostly normal bits like WC Boxxer air, CCDB coil, thompson seatpost, X9 cranks, X9 RD. Have ENVE carbon wheels, but I think the Minion DH tires and Maxxis DH tubes did it in. The front wheel is 6lbs with tire, tubes, and IceTech rotors. I am looking to maybe put FR tires and set it up tubeless as my DH park is pretty tame compared to most.

mtbr member
    My 2013 Large comes in at 32.5 lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarus189 View Post
    My 2013 Large comes in at 32.5 lbs.
    What is your build?

mtbr member
    let's see...XTR with ice tech brakes, King hubs w/stans flow rims, 10 spd, Conti Trail King and Maxxis High Roller, XO crank with bling ring, Fox Talas 180, crampons, Race face atlas stem, bars, and saddle(which looks super uncomfortable and hard, but is one of the more comfortable saddles I've owned. Super light too.) king headset, Thompson post, XT rear der.

mtbr member
    A Bos deville fork in the front, the new Float X in the back, Crossmax sx, Sixc crankset, a LEV post, carbon bars, R1 brakes, and we could definitely get below the 30 pound mark. And it would still be a capable bike!

mtbr member
    A One under 30lbs would be nothing short of lethal!

For the sake of a few grams going with a shock sans piggyback (I realize the Float X is piggy backed), imo, would hamstring the One's true performance capabilities.

On a side note and just to ramble, I'm really struggling to understand why, other than marketing reasons, all of these new bikes (like Scott LT for example,170mm with a Float CTD. What a joke!) are spec'ing their bike's with such retarded shocks!
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    A One under 30lbs would be nothing short of lethal!

For the sake of a few grams going with a shock sans piggyback (I realize the Float X is piggy backed), imo, would hamstring the One's true performance capabilities.

On a side note and just to ramble, I'm really struggling to understand why, other than marketing reasons, all of these new bikes (like Scott LT for example,170mm with a Float CTD. What a joke!) are spec'ing their bike's with such retarded shocks!
    I disagree. It could definitely be capable. Lets ditch the Float X then, and put on a BOS Kirk then:

Detail: Bos Mountain Bike Suspension

Most likely a better shock anyway : )

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Definitely interested in this thread. We have to do a lot of climbing here in the Northwest and it would be great to build a bike around 30 pounds. Looking for a big upgrade to my 2010 Enduro Pro and don't feel like spending $6k+ on a new one. I am convinced The One will pedal better, but still want to keep it as light weight as possible. Thinking about an XX1 kit and some light weight (love my Stan's ZTR Flow EX's) or carbon wheels to hopefully get to that weight. Will add XT brakes and some carbon bars. Still undecided on which fork to use for this build. Have always liked the Lyrik, but it sounds like Killington's fork works great as well. Then add some DH wheels and tires and maybe a big fork for shuttle/lift days. Seems like a perfect set up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    Definitely interested in this thread. We have to do a lot of climbing here in the Northwest and it would be great to build a bike around 30 pounds. Looking for a big upgrade to my 2010 Enduro Pro and don't feel like spending $6k+ on a new one. I am convinced The One will pedal better, but still want to keep it as light weight as possible. Thinking about an XX1 kit and some light weight (love my Stan's ZTR Flow EX's) or carbon wheels to hopefully get to that weight. Will add XT brakes and some carbon bars. Still undecided on which fork to use for this build. Have always liked the Lyrik, but it sounds like Killington's fork works great as well. Then add a Jedi for shuttle/lift days. Seems like a perfect set up.
    fixed it for ya

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Haha, yes....in a perfect world for sure. Don't get enough of those days to justify, but hopefully soon I can have both. Throw in a super light weight 22 pound climbing machine for all day epics into that list as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    Haha, yes....in a perfect world for sure. Don't get enough of those days to justify, but hopefully soon I can have both. Throw in a super light weight 22 pound climbing machine for all day epics into that list as well.
    OK, we'll add a Yelli with carbon fork.
    Quite a quiver.
    Nothing exceeds like excess.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Lightest "One" builds-2013-07-24-13.07.57.jpgLightest "One" builds-2013-07-24-13.08.07.jpgLightest "One" builds-2013-07-24-13.08.18.jpgI got my one down to 32 lbs, with some pretty tough components, as I break bikes and parts a lot.

My ONE now weights 34.3 lbs, and could be considered a downhill bike. Has coil rear, 8 inch travel front, saint cranks, and semi DH tires (minion DHR2s EXO).....

Anyways - for me its my trail bike, i can ride it up anything easily.

Here are pics of my 2 bikes, my trail bike and my DH bike

mtbr member
    Not the lightest....but who cares!!! Here is my updated ONE with the Canfield Micro drivetrain(28tooth will go on when I need it) 35.2lbs as it sets with tubeless tires and a heavy fork

The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...psb5c701c1.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjm View Post

Name:	2013-07-24 13.07.57.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	818814Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-24 13.08.07.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	818815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-24 13.08.18.jpg 
Views:	1066 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	818816I got my one down to 32 lbs, with some pretty tough components, as I break bikes and parts a lot.

My ONE now weights 34.3 lbs, and could be considered a downhill bike. Has coil rear, 8 inch travel front, saint cranks, and semi DH tires (minion DHR2s EXO).....

Anyways - for me its my trail bike, i can ride it up anything easily.

Here are pics of my 2 bikes, my trail bike and my DH bike
    One + coil rear + Saint cranks + beefy wheels + Fox 40 = 34.3lbs?
    Not flat out calling BS but that's a tough one to believe. Are your tires and frame tubes all filled with helium?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by roxtar View Post
    One + coil rear + Saint cranks + beefy wheels + Fox 40 = 34.3lbs?
    Not flat out calling BS but that's a tough one to believe. Are your tires and frame tubes all filled with helium?
    I am open to a wager, your choice of wager.

I'll take it to bike store and hang it on scale there. Weight range should be 34.2 to 34.5 lbs depending on how much mud I got caked on there.

mtbr member
    I am open to a wager, your choice of wager.

I'll take it to bike store and hang it on scale there. Weight range should be 34.2 to 34.5 lbs depending on how much mud I got caked on there.
    Like I said, I'm not to the point of straight out calling BS; it's just that, as much serious coin boutique stuff as it takes to get a One down to 30 lbs (we're starting with an 8+lb frame), it's hard to believe a burly DH build is only 4lbs heavier.

Ahm jus sayin...

mtbr member

Name:	2013-07-24 13.08.18.jpg 
Views:	1066 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	818816
    This is really surprising to me too. Also not trying to say you're wrong, so please don't take it as a jab. Mine is just a bit over 34 lbs with a Float 180 (~1lb lighter than the 40), DBair (almost 1lb lighter than the coil), X9 drivetrain, XT brakes, Hope/DT wheels, and tubeless 2.5 Exo tires. I just wonder what other components you have on there? Maybe I need to weigh mine again.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast