mtbr member

Just curios if anyone besides me has broke their riot

Start this off. I have nothing but love for the. Bros and their bad ass bikes. I bought my frame lightly used from a guy. Now I'm not the easiest guy on equipment and I was blown away that I broke a riot. I know a lot of you guys along with the bros have ridden theirs way harder and done way bigger jumps and drops. Only reason I ask is I haven't seen anyone post up that they have broken one. I think mine was just a fluke. But a few emails later and I have a new frame on it's way.

So with the awesome customer service I received and the fact that I love my riot and epo and have a balance on its way soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Odd place to crack, not even at the weld. I have never heard of any frame breakage except the one photo in another thread where the shock failed and caused bottom out damage. I am on my third frame now (had a gen 1 large, then a gen 2 large, and now on a gen 2 XL) and ride it all over the Northwest. Have broken rims, gone through many brake pads in that time, had to service bearings, and that is all.

Glad you are being taken care of, I expect nothing less from the Bros and glad the story didn't go along with any crash injuries. Enjoy your new frame and treat it like this was a fluke as I can't believe it's anything but that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    Odd place to crack, not even at the weld. I have never heard of any frame breakage except the one photo in another thread where the shock failed and caused bottom out damage. I am on my third frame now (had a gen 1 large, then a gen 2 large, and now on a gen 2 XL) and ride it all over the Northwest. Have broken rims, gone through many brake pads in that time, had to service bearings, and that is all.

Glad you are being taken care of, I expect nothing less from the Bros and glad the story didn't go along with any crash injuries. Enjoy your new frame and treat it like this was a fluke as I can't believe it's anything but that.
    I believe it was a fluke. I've had this one to wind rock snow shoe pisgah and all over my local stuff and I won't treat the new one any less then what the bros intended purpose was. I love their bikes. I have the riot epo and a balance coming soon

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I'm the shock failure bottom out guy... Bros hooked me up.

I agree, your failure is odd, but it does look like it started at the end of the weld... could have been a bad weld, or a bad tube. Defects happen, Bros are bros about it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
    I'm the shock failure bottom out guy... Bros hooked me up.

I agree, your failure is odd, but it does look like it started at the end of the weld... could have been a bad weld, or a bad tube. Defects happen, Bros are bros about it.
    They took care of me and hooked me up with a crash replacement frame even though I bought this one used. I chalk it up to a bad tube or a pretty nasty crash I had at snow shoe with it. Either way they hooked me up when like a buddy of mine said they could have told me to kick rocks you bought it used but they didn't. Another reason I love the company and their bikes. Funny thing is even with the cracked tube the riot was still more solid then my carbon 16 stumpy it replaced. I finished schooner trace in brown county with it cracked and hauled ass across walnut with it and didn't notice the crack. That says a lot about the quality of their frames

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Breaking the weld means the weld was the weak point.

Since this broke the tube it means that the weld was stronger than the aluminum itself. Not much you can do about that but replace it, which is what makes the CS you see from the Bros so great!

mtbr member
    That is sweet that they hooked you up even though you purchased it second hand.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    That is sweet that they hooked you up even though you purchased it second hand.
    Yes it was. I'm pretty sure most of the big boys in the game would have told me to kick rocks. Sean was like ok not a problem here's what we will do for you

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    What did you go off of? That is a wild spot for a crack, except maybe dropping off a roof.🤣🤣

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdm74 View Post
    What did you go off of? That is a wild spot for a crack, except maybe dropping off a roof.🤣🤣
    I took a hard hit in snow shoe on it. Road to high in a berm and slammed a big rock which turned the bars side ways. I also had a nasty bruise on my side from the crash

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    I took a hard hit in snow shoe on it. Road to high in a berm and slammed a big rock which turned the bars side ways. I also had a nasty bruise on my side from the crash

Ouch! Hopefully you don't look as bad as frame..👍
    I wonder if the rock hit it at a certain spot to cause some kind of freak crack. You would think that bottom tube would crack before that one if normal landing impact??..
    Does other side of tube look like that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdm74 View Post
    Ouch! Hopefully you don't look as bad as frame..
    I wonder if the rock hit it at a certain spot to cause some kind of freak crack. You would think that bottom tube would crack before that one if normal landing impact??..
    Does other side of tube look like that?
    The top tube is almost fracked all the way through. And my side was almost as bad as the bike.

This was 3 days after the crash. Luckily it's healed up now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Ouch!!!🤕

That makes me smart
    Holy shit.

Serves you right for wearing that underwear.
    "I can almost smell the alcohol oozing from that post."

mtnbkrmike

A global map of winds. Pretty cool.

J:
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Holy shit.

Serves you right for wearing that underwear.
    Buttwiser now from that crash!

mtbr member

So I got my new frame which is stunning in the raw and built her up last night.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    The Bros come through as always! 👍👍👍

I'm with stupid
    My balance is raw and I really wish my riot was as well. Sadly the carbon riot wont be the same "raw" but it will be carbon........

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    My balance is raw and I really wish my riot was as well. Sadly the carbon riot wont be the same "raw" but it will be carbon........

I'm really digging the raw on my riot. I'll be adding a balance soon and it will also be raw.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

cracked frame, same place !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Start this off. I have nothing but love for the. Bros and their bad ass bikes. I bought my frame lightly used from a guy. Now I'm not the easiest guy on equipment and I was blown away that I broke a riot. I know a lot of you guys along with the bros have ridden theirs way harder and done way bigger jumps and drops. Only reason I ask is I haven't seen anyone post up that they have broken one. I think mine was just a fluke. But a few emails later and I have a new frame on it's way.

So with the awesome customer service I received and the fact that I love my riot and epo and have a balance on its way soon.

Ive just discovered that i too have an identical crack on my frame. I only just discovered it this morning while cleaning my bike. i have emailed Sean to see what can be done. i am devastated though as its
    my favorite bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just curios if anyone besides me has broke their riot-img_1941.jpg  

Just curios if anyone besides me has broke their riot-img_1938.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by topwaxer View Post
    Ive just discovered that i too have an identical crack on my frame. I only just discovered it this morning while cleaning my bike. i have emailed Sean to see what can be done. i am devastated though as its
    my favorite bike.
    Man hate to see that. Yours is closer to the weld then mine was. But none the less a bummer. Iím sure they will get you taken care of in no time