mtbr member

Just another wish list thread....

.....for the next (2014 or beyond) The One. Now keep in mind what this frame is, it's a frame that's supposed to be built to (and does!) do it all. So whats your thoughts people?

(WARNING, my ramble is below. Below is a snippet of what goes through my head. It may offend some viewers and is subject to change.)

Head angle -

-Accepting forks ranging from 546mm to 570mm A2C, I'd like to see an adjustable HA between 66-65 of AM & 65-64 for DH. Maybe spec it as zero stack, hence offering extra adjust-ability/tune-ability with different size external's.

BB height -

- Somewhere within the adjustable AM & FR/DH range of 14" & 13.7".

Travel-

-6" for AM and 8" for FR/DH travel. The travel would be made with the option of running two different (longer & shorter) shocks, the shorter shock installed via a mount. The latter Offering 6" of travel for an AM setup.

- Undoubtedly 26" and 27.5" wheel options.

- I'd love to see a large frame weigh in at 7.5lbs w/o shock.
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Personally I love the way my '12 rides. I have it swept in and lifted up as high as I can get it and it does great!

My only real suggestion would be some sort of flip chip on the rear axle to accommodate for 27.5 tires.

Then I'd have to make a second wheel set tho....

mtbr member
    If the 2014 The One was to basically stick with the current 2012 geo but saw a 650b swap out option made available, I'd be all over it.

Seriously though, I think a small change to the current direction The One is heading in wouldn't hurt. A lighter frame offering more geo adjust-ability might just make the The One more appealing to current and perspective owners. Though at the same time maintaining the unique/niche aspect that the current The One's offer.

******ed or Branded??
    Keep The One basically where it's at, maybe a few minor changes for those die hard One owners. But make a full dedicated AM 6"-5" bike and Call it the 2nd coming!

HA from 65.5-67, BB of 13.7"-14", Seat Angle around 73, chainstays shortened and/or links shortened to keep it compact but have the availability to run a 650b with optional drop outs. Oh keep the WB aroudnd 45.5, support a fork up to 170mm but no less than a 150mm. Here's the big trick keep the frame in the mid 5 lbs range to really low 6. or even lighter but with the Canfield stamp of approval strength!!!
    Tall order but it is a wish list right?
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

Canfield Brothers
    As I'm sure you know, we have LOT's of things in the works. As soon as we are closer, we will let you all in our plans. Our 26/650b compatible AM bike is the HIGHEST on our list. We should have proto's by later this summer and are looking at a spring 2014 release. We cannot wait to show it to you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    As I'm sure you know, we have LOT's of things in the works. As soon as we are closer, we will let you all in our plans. Our 26/650b compatible AM bike is the HIGHEST on our list and we should have proto's by later this summer. We cannot wait to show it to you!
    That's awesome news! Can you let us know if is going to be a full squishy?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Keep The One basically where it's at, maybe a few minor changes for those die hard One owners. But make a full dedicated AM 6"-5" bike and Call it the 2nd coming!

HA from 65.5-67, BB of 13.7"-14", Seat Angle around 73, chainstays shortened and/or links shortened to keep it compact but have the availability to run a 650b with optional drop outs. Oh keep the WB aroudnd 45.5, support a fork up to 170mm but no less than a 150mm. Here's the big trick keep the frame in the mid 5 lbs range to really low 6. or even lighter but with the Canfield stamp of approval strength!!!
    Tall order but it is a wish list right?
    I really like what your saying here. And the more I think about it the sense it makes to keep it as is. The current The One offers to a niche market. There arnt too many other manufacturers out there that offer a frame that sits between AM & DH, The One sits perfectly.

Now a dedicated 650b/26er AM race killer is really appealing! I'm can't wait to hear more.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    that's awesome news! Can you let us know if is going to be a full squishy?
    hahaha... Of course!

mtbr member
    Going back to the wish list. I think a carbon The One would be cool to lighten it a bit, provided it was still strong. Also, I think a pinion options would be the cat's pjs.