Uphill? What's that

Jumping on a Jedi

I have been riding a Jedi for the last 2 years and absolutely love it. The only thing I have a hard time with is hitting steep or lipped jumps. Does anyone have any tips on hitting these types of jumps? Every time I get airborne on these features I feel like I am going to go face first into the dirt. Any tips would be appreciated.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Bob View Post
    I have been riding a Jedi for the last 2 years and absolutely love it. The only thing I have a hard time with is hitting steep or lipped jumps. Does anyone have any tips on hitting these types of jumps? Every time I get airborne on these features I feel like I am going to go face first into the dirt. Any tips would be appreciated.
    Rob-Bob - Can you give me a little more background on your set up? What year Jedi? What shock you are running? Also, how fast is your rebound set?

A quick rebound setting can cause, "bucking" off a jump if you are not ready for the extra pop off a lip. Slowing your rebound down can certainly help you feel more comfortable when hitting steeper lips. Once you are dialed in and comfy, try speeding the rebound back up. The one piece of advice I can give when hitting jumps is to really push into the face of the jump rather than just riding off it... try to smash your bb into the face as you going up the transition. You be stoked on the extra CONTROLLED pop you get!

I actually run my rebound pretty fast, LOVE the added pop when I'm hitting jumps, roots, or anything else I can use to get my Jedi off the ground.

Vin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jumping on a Jedi-dsc_3951.jpg  

Last edited by KillingtonVT; 01-01-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Uphill? What's that
    I have a large 2010 Jedi with a 888 RC3 EVO on the front and an Elka stage 5 on the rear.The rebound is set as slow as possible without packing up over repeated hits..

Canfield Brothers
    I have a large 2010 Jedi with a 888 RC3 EVO on the front and an Elka stage 5 on the rear.The rebound is set as slow as possible without packing up over repeated hits..
    Sweet.. I loved my 2010 and Elka!!! That being the case it just really a matter of pushing into the face harder. SMASH that bb as you are going up the transition... it'll help a ton!

Uphill? What's that
    I'll remember to try that once things thaw out here up north.thanks for the advice.

Canfield Brothers
    I'll remember to try that once things thaw out here up north.thanks for the advice.
    For sure man! If you are ever at Whistler, be sure to hit us up... Sean and I should be up there a lot this summer!!!

Vin

Uphill? What's that
    I wish I was that far north. I should have been more specific. Western P.A.

Canfield Brothers
    I wish I was that far north. I should have been more specific. Western P.A.
    No worries... didn't know if you made trips out to BC at all! It'll do marvels for your jumping btw... nice consistent lips all day long!!!