mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Jedi size and shock Recommendation.

Hey all, think i narrowed it down the the Jedi for my next dh frame.
    Looking for size recommendations, I am 5'11'' and currently riding a '11 Scott Voltage FR size Long and feel it to be to small for my liking.
    Also which shock to run with the frame, I will be riding 90% an Dh park (Northstar in CA) and like the rocky trails and drop offs but enjoy jumping as well. I am sure the Brothers will get me in the right shock but its always good to get some other feed back.
    Choices
    Cane Creek DB
    Fox DHX
    Elka
    X fusion
    Avalanche Woodie

Also any other tips you can give me or feedback on the bike would be great. *Any rumors as to what the '13 Jedi will be like? Thanks guys!
    Last edited by meSSican; 06-20-2012 at 06:12 AM.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'7 and run a small, but probably could have gone medium. I think i'm on the borderline. Sounds like you may be in between medium and large depending on if you like a smaller frame or not.

I only have tried the xfusion Vector HLR coil and Vector HLR air. I like both a lot. With that said, the Vector Air feels soo good, I'm inclined to keep it on the frame as it's easy to dial in and lighter, but most importantly WOW it feels so good, hard to believe it's air. really amazing feeling. I think I need a stiffer spring for my Vector coil, which is why the Air so so nice, convenient to dial in the perfect spring rate. But I I'm sure once the right spring is had, that Vector Coil will be awesome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks for the reply, your build is what got me set on the Jedi...lol. I am coming off a Long Scott Voltage FR and feel it to be too small, and from what i heard the Jedi runs small so maybe Large would be it for me. I am a bit on the heavy side so not too sure air would benifit me at 235lbs...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If you are coming off a long Voltage FR that feels too small, you will think the medium Jedi feels too small too. I am just over 5'11" and I have ridden both. You are right in between the two sizes, so it is really up to personal preference. It seems like more advanced riders prefer to go a little smaller. For example, the Coastal Crew guys all road the short Voltage FR's. The more I ride the more I lean that way also, at least with dh/freeride style bikes.

As for the shock, I really like the Elka. I have heard great things about the others as well, I really don't think you can go wrong there. Get the frame on the way before they are sold out, and post up some pictures of your build!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I just emailed the OP....For rear shocks on the JEDI:

CCDB
    X-fusion HLR
    ELKA
    AVY

My 2 favorites are the x-fusion and CCDB....Open shocks work best on this design. This bike feels like nothing else when the trail gets rough!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    got my Jedi and DH Tough wheels set today. Wow, super excited to get this thing up and running. Sean was so helpful with all my questions and very happy i am part of the family. Hopefully will be up and running within 2 weeks.

mtbr member
    Congrats man! Gonna go out on a limb and predict you're gonna love it. Looking forward to seeing how things come together Which shock did you go with?