mtbr member

Jedi Differences 2011 Vs 2012

So what are the differences between the 2011 Vs 2012 Jedi?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    For 2012 The JEDI see's a few revisions:

-shock mounts slightly re-shaped to allow easier entry/exit of shocks
    -shock clearance / link clearance increased
    -Pulley wheel side plate strengthened
    -Frames now feature logos laser etched with polishing and anodizing
    -More cable clearance for those who run their cables thru the seat-tube.
    -Couple of new colors on main frame and links (black, blue links are anodized now)

Best of all, same great ride and geo ! We had 6 podium finishes at sea otter on the Jedi. Most notably at FAST 41 year young pro who stomped his was to 37th in PRO !

JEDI SKILLS

The 2012 Look MINT !!

mtbr member
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Hi Sean, you mentioned the 2012 frame will have slightly reshaped shock mounts to allow easier entry/exit of shocks. I read that for a small frame the upper link needed to be removed to get the shock in for '11. Is this still the case for '12?

Thanks!

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by kameraguy View Post
    Hi Sean, you mentioned the 2012 frame will have slightly reshaped shock mounts to allow easier entry/exit of shocks. I read that for a small frame the upper link needed to be removed to get the shock in for '11. Is this still the case for '12?

Thanks!
    Kameraguy - Same deal with the 2012 smalls. I needed to remove the upper link and slide off the spring on my Avy, mount the shock to the frame, slide back on the spring, then mount the shock to the lower link. Takes all of 3 minutes once you have done it a few times. (Almost forgot, I generally re-locktite the pivot bolts as well).

I'm so stoked on my new Jedi!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jedi Differences 2011 Vs 2012-jedi2.jpg  

Last edited by KillingtonVT; 05-17-2012 at 06:34 AM.

mtbr member

Good job!

Right on, thanks for confirming. Lovely Jedi, is that a custom paintjob, or a one-off from the factory? How do you like the Marzocchi? I have a 2011 66 RC3 ti on my One which i love, was wondering how the DH forks are...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for that Vin !! Yup you have to remove the upper bolts on the rear tri....Gotta love how compact those frames are....its totally built around that shock...

We just got a big stock of 9t hubs, Regular and MICRO guides!

The 9t will work for 9 or 10 speed

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by kameraguy View Post
    Right on, thanks for confirming. Lovely Jedi, is that a custom paintjob, or a one-off from the factory? How do you like the Marzocchi? I have a 2011 66 RC3 ti on my One which i love, was wondering how the DH forks are...
    The new Marz stuff is amazing, low maintainence and super plush!

I had my frame PC'd by a guy in CT... He does really good work!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Can anyone tell me if the front and back rotors are both 203mm?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by daynegrant View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the front and back rotors are both 203mm?
    You can use whatever size you want...

lazy piston
    Mar 2006
    This may be slightly off-topic but I would appreciate a little info on shock clearance.

Will a RS Vivid coil fit on a large Jedi, namely 2012, 2011 or 2010? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    This may be slightly off-topic but I would appreciate a little info on shock clearance.

Will a RS Vivid coil fit on a large Jedi, namely 2012, 2011 or 2010? Thanks.
    I had some spring clearance issues w/ a RCS 450lbs Ti on an Avy (DHS) for a 2011 in the most progressive position (bottom). When the bike was unloaded, the spring would contact the upper side of the lower link inside the "tunnel"...on top of the link's front triangle's pivot. I had to orient the coil such that there was a void in the coil over the lower link pivot when it was unloaded. A 500 steel (the weight I'd rather ride in the most progressive position) spring's OD is also too big (a RS Vivid coil). I ended up running the 450 RCS in the middle position w/ the DHS.

But, if you stick w/ the Elka (1.39" ID spring) or the X-Fusion (1.43 ID spring), I think it'll be just fine up to 550 in the most progressive position...? Gonna try the X-Fusion myself for 2013 provided I can get to the most progressive mount. I'm hoping it'll be more open than, but still keep the high speed comp damping characteristics of, the Avy.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮