mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Introducing Our Largest Flat Pedal To Date, The Crampon Mountain

Introducing Our Largest Flat Pedal To Date, The Crampon Mountain-canfield-brothers-crampon-mountain.jpg

Introducing Our Largest Flat Pedal To Date, The Crampon Mountain-canfield-brothers-crampon-mountain-set.jpg

The Crampon Mountain shares many of the features that make the Crampon Ultimate one of the best pedals on the market, including the patented convex shape, ultra-thin 6-millimeter leading edges and double sided pins for easy removal, combined with a fresh new look, an even larger 112-millimeter by 106-millimeter platform and virtually maintenance free internals that utilizes a bushing at the axle side and stacked bearings at the end internally.

“The Mountain is the culmination of years spent designing and testing flat pedals, and incorporates the best features of the Crampon line,” says Chris Canfield, Canfield Brothers co-owner and designer. “Whether you’re trail riding or downhill racing, there really isn’t a better combination of traction, support and on-the-bike feel—especially in something this thin, durable and low maintenance.”

Features:
    ● 400 grams
    ● 106mm x 112mm wide platforms
    ● Thin 6mm front impact edges
    ● Hybrid sealed bearings/DU bushing system
    ● Chromoly axle
    ● Replaceable dual sided pins
    ● Patented convex shape
    ● Anodized finish, available in 11 colors
    ● $149 US Retail

Introducing Our Largest Flat Pedal To Date, The Crampon Mountain-cramponmountainbw.jpg

Introducing Our Largest Flat Pedal To Date, The Crampon Mountain-canfield-brothers-crampon-mountain-colors.jpg

Please see our webstore for more details.

*Special thanks to Keith Pool for the action photography.

mtbr member
    Want!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Sick.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Cool! My Crampon Ultimates are already very impressive... I don't need an upgrade, but if I need another set of pedals, this is a no brainer.

beater
    Oh, damn.

mtbr member
    Bigger! Is the only thing I ever felt could make the crampons better.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Definitely grabbing a set of these. My cheapo pedals have been making my feet hurt and I want something big.

mtbr member
    Can we get a side by side picture of the Crampons?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeventures View Post
    Can we get a side by side picture of the Crampons?
    Here you go!
    Introducing Our Largest Flat Pedal To Date, The Crampon Mountain-mountain.jpg
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 08-11-2016 at 02:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Installed! Dirt test tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Introducing Our Largest Flat Pedal To Date, The Crampon Mountain

Just got back from a big ride with the new pedals. Lots of climbing and long chunky descents. I am floored by how much better these crampons feel than my old pedals (answer rove and race face Chester).

The width and further outboard positioning of the platform made it much easier to stay in the sweet spot through the rough. I also found that the grip was just right, meaning that my foot stayed stuck when I wanted it to, but that I could reposition when I needed without a full lift up.

I am also totally sold on the convex shape. It just feels nicer, especially with my old worn out 5.10s. My feet were getting sore during rough descents on the roves and chesters. The crampons mostly eliminated the issue.

I can't compare to the other crampon models, these being my first set, but wish I had jumped on board sooner!

Last edited by jminus; 08-08-2016 at 07:47 AM.

mtbr member
    I've been on Crampon Mags for a couple years, the only criticism I have is I wish they were a little bigger...

Well done guys.

mtbr member
    :
    Last edited by cSquared; 08-11-2016 at 07:10 AM.
    Canfield Brothers on Facebook
    https://bitconnect.co/?ref=cSquared

mtbr member
    Don't forget-
    There is a middle pin hole waiting for you-
    Also, we have 10mm long mud/knar pins available for crazy grip....
    Canfield Brothers on Facebook
    https://bitconnect.co/?ref=cSquared

beater
    Sexy. 397g for the pair, if anyone wonders.

n00b
    sexy!
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Fitted a pair of purple Canfield Crampons a couple days ago- they've been great so far! Love that the edges of my wide feet are supported by the bigger platform.

Didn't notice the middle pin hole for my first couple of rides, but put the middle pin in this morning. Looking forward to seeing what kind of difference it makes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I have the ultimate pedal and have been very disappointed with the DU bushings. A lot of play. Would tighten it up and only good for another few rides. How do the new Mountain pedals seem to be holding up?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Received my new pair yesterday and hit the trails.

These replaced a set of RF Atlas pedals that I've been using for the last 1.5 years.

I finally gave up on the Atlas pedals due to poor bearing life (which was adding up), pins stripping out pedal threads, and a slightly too narrow platform. The grip and pedal thickness on these was great.

First ride impressions:

Out of the box impression is that the quality is great and worth the money.. not so much with the Atlas.

With my 5.10 free riders the platform space is perfect.. exactly what I was looking for.

The convex shape is going to take a little getting used to but I think I like it. The Atlas have a very comfortable platform contour being a bit concave and I'm pretty used to it.

I was initially a little disappointed with the grip compared to the Atlas. By the end of my ride I was noticing this less as I adjusted my foot position and pedaling technique. The Atlas pedals have very sharp aggressive pins as opposed to the grub screw style so this makes some sense.

Our riding here is very rocky and chunky and with my 12.75" bb my pedals do take a beating. The design of the crampons does seem superior to handle the abuse and after some smashing on the first ride I'm feeling pretty confident that they'll hold up.

Pretty happy so far, just need to adjust fully to the 'different' shape and grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    you still have a place for another pin right in the center of the pedal just for that extra grip
    14' Canfield Jedi - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I put that one in after a few rides.. been raining so no proper ride on it yet but hopefully it'll be just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I got mine today. I ordered a blue set of ultimate's, not that I wanted blue, thats all that were showing as stock & they were at a superb price.
    Anyway what arrived were some red mountains! I kind of wish the shop had told me as I ideally wanted black, but they kept the price and either blue or red matched my DH bike.

I also got some new bushes for my existing ultimate's. I was worried about getting the big bush out especially after seeing that I needed a 1/2" tap in the video and not finding much else out online. But in reality a small screwdriver tip can be used to start levering them out, they arent tight. The originals did 2 years tbh they would have lasted longer. I do think its a little mean not including a pair of new nyloc nuts in the kit though.