mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Introducing DVO Rear Shock Options

Introducing DVO Rear Shock Options-dvo-riot.jpg

We’re stoked to announce that we will now be offering Riot and Balance frames and Factory Builds with the DVO Suspension Topaz T3 Air shock as standard equipment, and the Jade coil shock as an available upgrade for an additional $100!

The performance and tuneability offered by DVO is the perfect compliment to the our patented CBF suspension, and we’re excited to make such a premium suspension product an off-the-shelf option.

Introducing DVO Rear Shock Options-topaz.jpg

The DVO Topaz T3 Air shock features “on the fly” compression and rebound adjustment, as well as both positive and negative air volume tuning for a more progressive or linear feel. Bladder pressure adjustment allows for fine tuning of small bump compliance and damping. Other features include a high-volume piston, cooling fins and Trelleborg seals.

Introducing DVO Rear Shock Options-dvo-jade.jpg

The DVO Jade Coil shock features an externally adjustable shim stack for easy tuning and loader style compression circuits. A stiction-free compression bladder allows riders to dial in small bump compliance. Other features include a high-flow piston and cooling fins.

“All of us at DVO Suspension are extremely excited to be expanding our strong partnership with Canfield Brothers,” said Bryson Martin Jr., DVO’s marketing manager.

“DVO Suspension and Canfield share the same design philosophy of engineering and designing products from the rider’s perspective. The mutual mindset of creating products for riders, by riders is what makes the partnership so special. Canfield Brothers bikes have played a major role in the development of our suspension products. We genuinely feel that the suspension kinematics are some of the best in the industry and mate with our shocks perfectly. Their designs allow the shock to work how it’s designed to. The linkage design doesn’t over-work the shock or mask it with any ‘funky performance features.’ You get absolute performance without all the gimmicks.”

Introducing DVO Rear Shock Options-dvo-balance-2.jpg

Riot and Balance frames and Factory Builds will be available with the DVO Topaz T3 Air or optional Jade coil upgrade in the Canfield Brothers webstore beginning immediately. The Cane Creek DB Air CS will still be available as a standard option at no additional charge. The PUSH Industries Eleven Six coil shock is also available as an upgrade for an additional charge.

DVO Diamond and Emerald forks are also available with frame packages and Factory Builds.

- The Bros

mtbr member
    Mannnnnnnnnn I'm so bummed about this. Ha. I wanted the DVO all along when I got my Riot in September. I don't dislike the DB Air, but I rode a buddies DVO setup and loved it. I can wait it out for the Carbon Riot I guess.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Want!

I'm with stupid
    Looks like I am 3 weeks late to the party with my new balance. I knew I should have waited.

On a side note. Is there any special tune for the riots and balances from DVO for the rear shocks? Or is it the same shock we can buy aftermarket?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Looks like I am 3 weeks late to the party with my new balance. I knew I should have waited.

On a side note. Is there any special tune for the riots and balances from DVO for the rear shocks? Or is it the same shock we can buy aftermarket?
    Hitech - All the of the shocks we offer, (besides the Push), are off the shelf shocks with no special valving. Our bikes just don't require it.

I'm with stupid
    Awesome thanks! Just wanted to make sure. Are we able to buy just shocks with the mounting hardware through you guys to keep the money "in the family" as they say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Awesome thanks! Just wanted to make sure. Are we able to buy just shocks with the mounting hardware through you guys to keep the money "in the family" as they say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, we are not able to sell non Canfield branded after market parts. Riders that currently own a Canfield Brothers bike, please contact DVO directly for shock purchases.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My question. Is the 11/6 really better than the Jade to justify the extra costs? I know it has a longer service life, but besides that. Performance wise. My Balance feels so good with the Jade that I don't know how it could be improved. Luckily I won't have to make that decision until they make a carbon Riot. I think it's cool they are offering all these shocks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It would be really interesting to compare and contrast the Jade and 11/6, each of the technical decisions the respective companies made and how they impact trail feel, sensitivity, consistency, etc. It would be a fascinating discussion, especially if some folks with ride time on both could chime in. At some point though it just becomes so much talk of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

One substantial difference is the way their approach to swapping compression tunes: the 11/6 gives you two independent compression circuits in the same shock body, which you can switch between with a lever, while the Jade apparently makes it easy to swap the whole shim stack as one loader. The former you can switch on the trail, the latter requires a workbench.

I do think that dual valve is a big part of the value proposition of the 11/6, and that if it's not useful to you, the 11/6 will seem pretty overpriced compared to its competitors.

Anyway, I agree that it's really awesome that Canfield's added another most excellent pair of shocks as OE options (in addition to selling without a shock!). It's really refreshing when a company doesn't have an exclusive supply agreement with Fox or RS.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

I'm in the same boat...Just received my RIOT on Jan 3rd...I had a feeling this would happen, however on the bright side, I was able to take advantage of the SALE pricing at the end of 2016.

I think the DBAirCS is a good shock, but just been reading a lot of people dumping them. Seeing as the Topaz is no extra charge, I would have gone that way...ah hindsight is 20/20!
    Follow my MTB blog...
    http://cdmountain.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Has anyone switched from the CCDB Air to the Topaz? Were you able to reuse your mounting hardware? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Topaz, but I can't find the mounting hardware in 36x8 (spec for Balance from Canfield's website). It would be nice to save a few bucks too if I don't need it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jminus View Post
    Has anyone switched from the CCDB Air to the Topaz? Were you able to reuse your mounting hardware? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Topaz, but I can't find the mounting hardware in 36x8 (spec for Balance from Canfield's website). It would be nice to save a few bucks too if I don't need it.
    Yes I did just that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk