Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: KillingtonVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,040

    Introducing the Canfield Brothers Crampon Magnesium Pedal!

    I'll launch our official press release later this week, Until then, here's a quick rundown of our new pedal...

    Introducing the Crampon Magnesium Pedal!


    Introducing the Canfield brothers Crampon Magnesium Pedal!-pedalsgroup-2.jpg

    $200 USD Retail

    Available in Five Colors: Black, Gray, White, Red and Cyan Blue
    • 282 grams
    • Thin 6 -10mm MAGNESIUM Platforms
    • 106mm x 106mm, very similar
    • Du bushings
    • Replaceable dual sided pins
    • Chromo axle


    We are in the process of launching our new site. Once the new site is live, the new pedal will available to purchase on our webstore. Until then, feel free to give us a call at 801-548-2556.

    Introducing the Canfield brothers Crampon Magnesium Pedal!-crampon-mag-weight.jpg
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 05-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.

  2. #2
    YRG
    YRG is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    272
    And I was just thinking how nice it would be to get another set of crampon ultimates. Glad I was waiting for money to put in that order. I want blue please!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    429
    Wow nice! I want a red set, they look faster!

  4. #4
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713

    so bad a$$

    Canfield Brothers made the best pedal even better.

    I am getting 3 sets tomorrow

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    562
    wow these are super light! I'll be making a phone call tomorrow to place my order. Think I'll go for the gray this time. Are they ready to ship?

  6. #6
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: KillingtonVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    wow these are super light! I'll be making a phone call tomorrow to place my order. Think I'll go for the gray this time. Are they ready to ship?
    The gray's came out really hot! They are shipping now.

  7. #7
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: KillingtonVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,040
    The new Crampon Mags are very similar in shape to our Ultimates.
    Introducing the Canfield brothers Crampon Magnesium Pedal!-img_2632.jpg

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,740
    Dang, do I really need another pair of Crampons?

    I guess a fourth pair wouldn't be too ridiculous...

    I do have to say that my Ultimates are the best pedals I have had though. Every once in a while I get curious about being clipped in, and take the Mallets out for a ride. The last time I went on a super mellow XC type ride. It was so uncomfortable and scary. I packed my Crampons just in case and switched out the pedals within 3 miles. Maybe I can sell off some clipless pedals to fund a pair of Mags
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,699
    Nice!

  10. #10
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    We are in the process of launching our new site.
    This explains the issues I am having today. I was just about to go on a killing spree due to my failed attempts to research some items in the store section.

    Crisis averted.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  11. #11
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: KillingtonVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover View Post
    This explains the issues I am having today. I was just about to go on a killing spree due to my failed attempts to research some items in the store section.

    Crisis averted.
    Thanks for hanging in there guys... pretty frustrating launching our new site and not having the NEW webstore functioning. I just spoke to our site host and it should resolve itself by tomorrow. I HOPE!!! Feel free to call Sean with any needs in the meantime!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    679
    And just when the competitors thought they hand finally caught up....

    Really nice work guys!
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

  13. #13
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,022
    yes yes yes, I want these!!!!!!!!!!! Two Grey sets please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So glad I waited, I was procatinating getting the ultimates but figured being the CB you'd find a way to top that off!!! And Boon here you go!!! C4L
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    I juest realized that this weight is not even with a titanium axle. That is crazy light!

  15. #15
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: KillingtonVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    I juest realized that this weight is not even with a titanium axle. That is crazy light!
    HAHA... Yeah, pretty much exactly the same as our Ultimate, except for the new lighter pedal body. 60gr!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    562
    My Gray Magnesium pedals came in today. They look awesome and you can definitely feel the weight difference between these and the ultimates. Another thing I noticed is that these Magnesium pedals came with the pins pre-installed and the pins are keyed on both sides(so there is no longer a pointy side) so even if the pin breaks off you can still get it off from going through the other side. Genius!
    The only thing that I'm slightly worried about is the gray coating seemed to have flaked off around a few pin holes. Its not very obvious since the pedal is gray but I just don't want the spots to get bigger. Might try hitting it with some clear nail polish or epoxy or something. Oh and they weighed 280 grams on my scale.

    Couple of pics showing the paint kind of flaking off at the pin holes. Like I said, I'm not too worried about it since they are pedals and they will get dinged up anyway. I just don't want big pieces to start flaking off.



    Comparison to the regular Ultimates. Basically same shape, the magnesiums has 1 more pin than the regular ultimates



    I think these pedals will go well with my cranks and chainring.
    Last edited by pwu_1; 03-25-2013 at 10:37 PM.

  17. #17
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713

    wow!

    I got mine today as well and they look amazing. I like how light they are you can tell just from touch. To me the shape is the same but slightly better, sweet!

    I got a set of black and I have no issues with spotting pwu_1. My last set of ultimates had newer style pins installed (keyed on both sides installed) as well.

    Its going to be sweet testing both sets this season. My purple Crampon Ultimates look so dope but my weight wennie side is stoked on the new Mags! So many choices not enough time...

    Canfield FTW!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,699
    When are they available in EU?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    My Gray Magnesium pedals came in today. They look awesome and you can definitely feel the weight difference between these and the ultimates. Another thing I noticed is that these Magnesium pedals came with the pins pre-installed and the pins are keyed on both sides(so there is no longer a pointy side) so even if the pin breaks off you can still get it off from going through the other side. Genius!
    The only thing that I'm slightly worried about is the gray coating seemed to have flaked off around a few pin holes. Its not very obvious since the pedal is gray but I just don't want the spots to get bigger. Might try hitting it with some clear nail polish or epoxy or something. Oh and they weighed 280 grams on my scale.

    Couple of pics showing the paint kind of flaking off at the pin holes. Like I said, I'm not too worried about it since they are pedals and they will get dinged up anyway. I just don't want big pieces to start flaking off.



    Comparison to the regular Ultimates. Basically same shape, the magnesiums has 1 more pin than the regular ultimates



    I think these pedals will go well with my cranks and chainring.

    I just picked mine up today and they have the same issue except twice as bad, I have huge flecks of paint missing from mine. It would be nice if they had just come in polished with out any painting. I am a little concerned about trying my first mag pedal but hopefully they hold up, if not I guess i will have to look into the normal Ultimates.

  20. #20
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: KillingtonVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post
    When are they available in EU?
    Steffen, (Canfield Brothers Europe) has a large order of Ultimates shipping out today. Please contact him and he'll be able to set you up.

  21. #21
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    I just picked mine up today and they have the same issue except twice as bad, I have huge flecks of paint missing from mine. It would be nice if they had just come in polished with out any painting.
    Raw would be cool.

    I just picked up my second set of black and again these are perfect. I will be ordering a set of white and red this week so I will check the finish when those hit

    For me I guess this is not a big issue I am going to beat the $hit out of these. Between DH and shuttling I am sure I will have plenty of marks on my pedals.

    I guess for me I am just happy being on the best pedal in the world. I choose to focus on that, the other stuff is minor if you ask me.

  22. #22
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: KillingtonVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,040
    Introducing the Canfield brothers Crampon Magnesium Pedal!-crampon-magnesium.jpg
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 04-22-2013 at 03:43 PM.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    389
    So I got out for my first ride on the new pedals on Monday and all I have to say is I love them! I had straitline Defactos and I did like them but I was getting a lot of pedal strikes, on my usual ride on Monday I do not think I clipped a pedal once! The paint chipping is not a big deal as I will beat them up anyway and part of the problem is I installed new pins and I did no realize Mag has to be painted vice the anodizing normally done to pedals so it is really something that will happen over time no matter what.

    Thank you for a great Pedal Canfield!

  24. #24
    Lord of the Chainrings
    Reputation: Mudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,926
    Cool! I got the "non-Mag" Ultimate's. They ROCK!
    Ya, heard that the Mags have a paint issue.
    Would like to see an unpainted "raw" version of the Mag as well.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

    ~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fondoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    250
    damn it! you guys made me buy the crampon magnesium pedals
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Paid Spam: Canfield Crampon Pedals
    By Disco Stu in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 03:35 PM
  2. Canfield Crampon Pedals - yay or nay?
    By charging_rhinos in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 01:32 AM
  3. canfield crampon pedals?
    By NicoleB in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 12:21 PM
  4. *PAID SPAM* Canfield Brothers Crampon For Sale
    By pwu_1 in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 08:42 PM
  5. Canfield Brothers Crampon Pedals - Now with more Photos
    By atomicAdam in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •