mtbr member
    Jul 2012

I want to ride a Jedi!! Anyone ride at Winter Park/Trestle??

So I got done building my The One and it ROCKS!!

I live in Denver and ride in the area during the weeks and head to WP or Keystone on the weekends. The One is turning out to be a very very well rounded bike! I have been able to ride some single track trails, some tech climbs, and it has done very very well on everything that I have put it up against.

My main issue is that I never intended for my The One to be a full on resort DH bike. It serves that purpose fairly well but I don't want to decrease the life of the bike by bashing it up too much, I want to re-tool it with some lighter parts and use it for all my non-resort riding. It does well in the full on DH but there are better bikes for that purpose.

Which brings me to my point. I want to "demo" a jedi on some of these resort trails like high speed dirt or trestle. I got to demo a carbon SC V10 this past weekend and (obviously) it just mashed everything on the hill. I have been riding an older V10 for the last 5 years and have an addiction to the V10, so it will be hard to NOT buy that bike as my DH bike

I have been highly impressed with everything involved with my new Canfield, though. The feel, ride, stability, everything has been spot on! And the customer service is the icing on the cake, you don't get a more personalized service than dealing with the Canfield Bros and their team.

So I am torn between a V10 and a Jedi. I know the V10, I know it would be just what I am looking for, and I know I would love it. I don't know anything about the Jedi, but just going on customer reviews, my experience with my The One, and the Bros ability to make and back up a great machine, it puts the Jedi in an uneducated second place.

If anyone reading this has a Jedi and rides at WP often, and wants to try out a The One, hit me up! I'd like to take a few runs together and swap rides. No need for animosity, we would be riding together as I am like Linus and his blanket when it comes to my bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Im not in Co but I own a 2011 Jedi and I demo' d a V10 C at W.P. last summer. The V10 C is nice and light, stiff, changes direction very well and good looking but the Jedi detroys it on rough terrain, I like the Jedi's rearward travel/ parallel link suspension better. I'm not a big fan of VPP. The V10 I thought was noisy, chain slap and and creaky pivots ( probably need to greased but still annoying). Both bikes jump/pedal well. I ride Northsar in CA and the Jedi chews that rocky terrain up. I found W.P. CO. has a lot smoother and longer trails than Northstar so you may want a lighter bike than heavier but personal preference will probably be your biggest deciding factor. Either way your looking at the best. Good Luck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bfranco View Post
    Im not in Co but I own a 2011 Jedi and I demo' d a V10 C at W.P. last summer. The V10 C is nice and light, stiff, changes direction very well and good looking but the Jedi detroys it on rough terrain, I like the Jedi's rearward travel/ parallel link suspension better. I'm not a big fan of VPP. The V10 I thought was noisy, chain slap and and creaky pivots ( probably need to greased but still annoying). Both bikes jump/pedal well. I ride Northsar in CA and the Jedi chews that rocky terrain up. I found W.P. CO. has a lot smoother and longer trails than Northstar so you may want a lighter bike than heavier but personal preference will probably be your biggest deciding factor. Either way your looking at the best. Good Luck.
    What can you tell me about sizing?

The V10 medium felt too small but still ripped, once I got on the large it was a perfect fit. Although my 2004 V10 was a med and it fit me quite well.

My The One is a large and it fits me very well, although it looks like a very large bike compared to other DH bikes.

From what I have read about the Jedi I would assume a large would fit best.

I'm 6'0" and 200 lbs geared.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Yes you are correct I'm 5'9" and I ride a Large. I use to own a Medium Jedi too. I like the large.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm headed up this weekend again, someone find me up there on my The One and lets swap! I've seen a few guys riding on a Jedi, all of which say they love it!

I still want to test one out though!