Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    All the new Yelli frame colors are awesome, yes? Here's my red one.

I spy something beginning with 2013 Yelli Screamy...-frame6smaller.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Anybody know how well the Raceface purple matches the Yelli Screamy purple?
    Raceface Turbines in ano purple

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by senorjax View Post
    All the new Yelli frame colors are awesome, yes? Here's my red one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame6smaller.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	795519
    senorjax - Great shots of your Red here and in the your other thread! It is a hard color to really capture. Red can be a tough color in general, but I'm really stoked with the Red of the Yelli... Our factory nailed it!

I know some of you were bummed about the switch from Wasabi Green to the new PWN Green, but the new Green is BEAUTIFUL in person. I wanted to "tone down" the line this year and the have colors be a little more 'Earthy". Reactions to all the new colors have been really strong... Thanks for putting up with my wishes!

I''m going to shoot the new Yellis for our site tonight. I'll post everything up as soon as they are ready.

Cheers,

Vin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    I wanted to "tone down" the line this year and the have colors be a little more 'Earthy".
    Nothing is more earthy than florescent yellow.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Nothing is more earthy than florescent yellow.

HAHAHA.. LOVE that you called me out on that! HAHAHAHA. That is for my personal bike though... HEHEHE!

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Love it and have a ???

Been out on a few short rides and really liken it so far. Can anyone chime in on wheels???? I got 650's on there now and want 29's. My choices are:
    1. Chinese carbon with canfield hub (that's what the 650 is)
    2. Sunringle charger pro sl (cheapest choice)
    3. Wait for I-9's (most expensive and not available to me yet) torch trail or enduro

I'm kinda leaning away from carbon. Like the pro sl's but plagued by indecision.

Anyway, the bike is a blast! Waiting on xfusion for a trace that is stuck in customs
    I spy something beginning with 2013 Yelli Screamy...-img_0450.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    i have Sunringle chargers. Seem to be a great value so far, running tubeless with no issues. I weigh 175 with gear. Hubs are loud.

mtbr member

I spy something beginning with 2013 Yelli Screamy...

I'm running charger pro 29ers and I'm at 280lbs.

They are holding up like champs. After 100 miles they were still true

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marc927 View Post
    i have Sunringle chargers. Hubs are loud.
    Interesting comment. Are they Charger Pros? Or one of the other two versions (and two different freehubs) that Ringle has out there?

I've got a DT Swiss 240s rear wheel that's like a stealth bomber. That said, my Charger Pro has a mellower tone than any other wheel in my group of riding buddies (other that the 240s). It sure ain't no i9, Hope or Cane Creek hub.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks, appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

So far I have three rides in on it and I am more and more impressed with every ride. I am coming from a '12 Cobia. My biggest problem with my old frame was that I had trouble planting the front end in corners. I was always fighting the front end washing out on me. The Yelli is so much more stable in corners it's amazing. Point it where you want to go and it goes. This thing also climbs like a beast and descends even better. It is also noticeably stiffer than my old frame as well. All in all I am extremely happy with this frame!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Interesting comment. Are they Charger Pros? Or one of the other two versions (and two different freehubs) that Ringle has out there?

I've got a DT Swiss 240s rear wheel that's like a stealth bomber. That said, my Charger Pro has a mellower tone than any other wheel in my group of riding buddies (other that the 240s). It sure ain't no i9, Hope or Cane Creek hub.
    This is the set I have:
    Charger Pro | SUNRinglé

Not as loud as Kings, i9, etc but they are always noticeable while coasting. Like you said, the DT swiss hub sound just disappears while riding. IMO, hopes, cane creeks are too loud to be on a bike that I am riding. My riding buddy is always complaining about my ringle hubs but they don't bother me. I really do like the wheelset and would buy them again.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd5600 View Post
    I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

So far I have three rides in on it and I am more and more impressed with every ride. I am coming from a '12 Cobia. My biggest problem with my old frame was that I had trouble planting the front end in corners. I was always fighting the front end washing out on me. The Yelli is so much more stable in corners it's amazing. Point it where you want to go and it goes. This thing also climbs like a beast and descends even better. It is also noticeably stiffer than my old frame as well. All in all I am extremely happy with this frame!!
    Stoked to hear that and a coincidence too! I am replacing a 2011 Cobia for similar reasons. Just never felt at home on that bike, not sure if it was G2 geo or what. Getting headset pressed in tomorrow at bike shop to finish the build and should be riding by the weekend. can't wait!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Out of curiosity, has anyone weighed a large frame? I'd be pretty interested to know!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone weighed a large frame? I'd be pretty interested to know!
    Not an L, but my '14 XL in powder coated Black Chrome weighed just under 4.5 lb on a kitchen scale that is accurate with check weights to well less than an ounce:
    I spy something beginning with 2013 Yelli Screamy...-frame-scale-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chaffdb View Post
    Not an L, but my '14 XL in powder coated Black Chrome weighed just under 4.5 lb on a kitchen scale that is accurate with check weights to well less than an ounce:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frame on the scale 2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	943288
    Lighter than I expected. I've seen a few medium frames weigh in at 4.5lbs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Can anyone tell me what size IS mount is needed for a 160mm rotor on the yelli frame?
    20mm IS? Sorry, don't mean to jack your thread...
    Follow my MTB blog...
    http://cdmountain.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I used a North Shore Billet IS adapter. Pewter 160mm rear, a little pricey for what it is but I wanted that color, you can find a regular adapter for under $10

North Shore Billet Is Disc Brake Adapter > Components > Brakes > Brake Adapters | Jenson USA

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5