i should be working

How does Jedi manual?

Silly question for dh specific I know but I'm shopping old dh bikes and I love to manual down hills. Other options include morewood Izumi w/ monster chainstays (17.4 I think). Or old bighit which is pretty manual friendly.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rpl3000 View Post
    Silly question for dh specific I know but I'm shopping old dh bikes and I love to manual down hills. Other options include morewood Izumi w/ monster chainstays (17.4 I think). Or old bighit which is pretty manual friendly.
    I had 3 generations of Jedi up to but not including the 650b version. They are a little different to manual as the chainstays grow as you go into travel. They are still shorter than average for DH length when at sag but the fact that they are growing makes it just a little different feel to them. But, if you are able to manual already, you will very quickly adjust and will have no problem. Personally, I felt like getting the bar height right made more of an impact on getting the front end up than what the rear suspension is doing. I still think that is one of the best park bikes I have ever owned. They plow like no other but somehow managed to be one of the best jumping DH bikes I have owned as well.

i should be working
    Thanks for the info. I've been able to manual some long CS bikes but it takes a bit more attention than the short CS bikes.