mtbr member

Front Derailleur for The One

Planning on running a 2x set-up (w/chain guide) on a 2012 One when I order it. It says I'll need a direct mount derailleur which I never have used before. Any suggestions? Am I looking for a top-swing? Hoping to order parts I need ahead of time. Thanks ahead of time!

mtbr member
    I had the same question last week. The kind you want is the single bolt with a locator slot type. One option is the shimano xt top/bottom pull model, BTI part number SH-40650. The Sram equivalent is the type that has an - HO in the part number. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by charging_rhinos; 07-27-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    If you're interested I'll be selling my direct mount SRAM X-O derailleur and MRP 2x only ridden 7 days on both. But see my other post -- if you're going to ride Enduro/XC and easier resort trails it's great, but if you're taking it down rock gardens and bigger jumps it's not as consistent as a 1x10 config. (just my opinion... and that of the SRAM guy who despite a few attempts, couldn't dial it in either).

mtbr member
    Thanks C_rhinos and edenger. I think I found what I needed, just waiting on a fork and I'll be ready to build. Pics to come soon