mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Fork help for YS

Trying to get all the parts I need for my YS.

What do you guy suggest for the fork? I am not a hard rider and don't really do any jumps. I live in Ohio and the trails have alot of roots, rocks etc but nothing too crazy.

Thanks!
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    I'm on my first week with my new Yelli build. What a breath of fresh air this bike is. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to put up front. In the end went with the Fox talas 120. I feel this shock works great on this bike giving you the best of both climbing and descending. I will take some pictures and post a full ride report in the next week or so.

Canfield Brothers
    The Yelli and N9 are best with a 100 - 120mm fork. Go with a 100 if your riding more flat terrain and a 120 if your riding more DH style trails. I really enjoyed the N9 with a 100 for most everything, I installed a 120 marz fork and it's feels more DH worth but not too bad for climbing. Can't go wrong either way.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I bought a used Marz 44 Micro TI 100mm on Ebay. Hope it works out!
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Trek Farley 8
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Ditto what flymybike posted. I use a 100mm reba setup for root infested singletrack. If I was chairlifting I would pull the spacer and go 120mm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've tried a 100mm reba, 140mm marzocchi, and 120mm marzocchi. 120mm seems to be the sweet spot.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I think frame size also enters the picture. Several manufacturers spec shorter travel on small and med. hardtail frames, then add on the lg and xl. I would bet that a med frame with 100mm would have the same degrees of frame motion as an longer wheelbase XL with 120mm. A fork with vavious travel options is always a plus for dialing in a new frame.