mtbr member

First generation One shock

Hi all.
    For hose of you riding a first generation One, (newer gen also welcome)

What shock are you running how do ou like it?

I'm looking for those of you using air shock...i'm currently using a elka stage 5 coil shock with ti. Spring.....i'm looking into making the bike lighter and a air shock is one step towards that.
    I'm riding my One as a trailbike more than a am bike.
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

mtbr member
    I ran mine with a Vivid air, and a RP2 while the Vivid was being fixed. Vivid had seal issues. The RP... was ok for what it was. I'd really like Push or someone to mod Fox air shocks to get rid of propedal and just have a LS compression adjustment. Or, you know, someone to just make a shock like that.

On my new One I'm running a Vector air and am mostly happy with it. My only gripe is it has so much BO resistance that I feel like I'm losing travel. What I do have is well controlled and the adjustments do what they are supposed to, and there's no "platform" which is totally unnecessary on any bike I'm interested in these days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I'd really like Push or someone to mod Fox air shocks to get rid of propedal and just have a LS compression adjustment. Or, you know, someone to just make a shock like that.
    Look no further, pick yourself up a secondhand DHX air, send it to Avalanche. Then you'll have a custom valved shock with low speed compression adjust. Its pure bang for the buck compered to an off the shelf high end/performing shock, and cheaper. I had the SSD mod done to a 2011 DHX air, it's a killer shock. The only thing I would change is doing the modification to an earlier (anything before 2010 I think) shock, it'll give a wider range of LS adjustment.

The best thing about this type of mod is that it's pretty much set and forget.