mtbr member
    Jun 2005

On the fence but leaning towards the One

I was about ready to pull the trigger on a new Uzzi but I have been reading so much about the One that I may have changed my mind. I am coming off an Uzzi VPX so looking to update the frame. I also ride an M9 and been on Intense for a while. So I'm familiar with the VPP platform. The only thing keeping me from the One is I dont have a local shop with a demo. So I am looking for any of you that can provide me with experience from riding an Uzzi with the One. The reviews make it sound like an awesome bike, but I cant seem to find a good "shootout" type of review between the two. The other bike I was considering was the Chilcotin, rode it and it seemed a lot like the Uzzi to me. So it is down to the One and the Uzzi.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I see you are in Beaverton, OR. A good buddy just moved to Oregon and he has a Medium One, lives right by Washington Park. I live in Boise but planning a visit over the weekend of 19th and bringing my large One. This is all weather dependant but planning on visiting Black Rocks and maybe Hood River but I am kinda over that place for a bit I think. Maybe we could meet up or I could get you my buddies contact info.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Here's my quick comparison (VPX to The ONE):

Going up:I really liked the VPP on the VPX, but as for pedaling efficiency it did not compare to The ONE. It truly is amazing that I can pedal a 7-8" bike up with little bob unlike the VPX. Not sure how much the new UZZI weighs but my VPX was a hog compared to The ONE.

Jumping: The VPX was easier to jump with, but only slightly. The ONE felt a little nose heavy, but that was something I got used to quickly and adjusted.

Going downhill: I would choose The ONE...both bikes felt solid (running 12x150 on the VPX and 12x142 on The ONE) but with The ONE being lighter, I felt I had more control and predictability on it.

If you're ever in SoCal...let me know. I'm more than willing to let you ride my bike, but fair warning...my cousin borrowed my ONE and ended up trading his M9 for one.

Also, can't forget the kick a$$ customer service from the Canfield Brothers Team.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    I see you are in Beaverton, OR. A good buddy just moved to Oregon and he has a Medium One, lives right by Washington Park. I live in Boise but planning a visit over the weekend of 19th and bringing my large One. This is all weather dependant but planning on visiting Black Rocks and maybe Hood River but I am kinda over that place for a bit I think. Maybe we could meet up or I could get you my buddies contact info.
    Appreciate the offer. If we can make it work that would be great. I beleive we may have met before. I used to live in Boise. Left in 2007. I think you used to ride a Devinci prior to the Canfield.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnStr8 View Post
    Here's my quick comparison (VPX to The ONE): Going up:I really liked the VPP on the VPX, but as for pedaling efficiency it did not compare to The ONE. It truly is amazing that I can pedal a 7-8" bike up with little bob unlike the VPX. Not sure how much the new UZZI weighs but my VPX was a hog compared to The ONE. Jumping: The VPX was easier to jump with, but only slightly. The ONE felt a little nose heavy, but that was something I got used to quickly and adjusted. Going downhill: I would choose The ONE...both bikes felt solid (running 12x150 on the VPX and 12x142 on The ONE) but with The ONE being lighter, I felt I had more control and predictability on it. If you're ever in SoCal...let me know. I'm more than willing to let you ride my bike, but fair warning...my cousin borrowed my ONE and ended up trading his M9 for one.

Also, can't forget the kick a$$ customer service from the Canfield Brothers Team.
    Thanks for the input. That really helps. One thing I forgot to put in, and really important, is that I had a 2009 Jedi. Sold it to get back on Intense (M9). I liked the Jedi but did not love it. Just could not get it to be a plush as the Intense. However, I am a believer in the Canfield. I think I just could not get the suspension set up right. I think it also matters that I am an old guy, no finesse, who tends to plow. I think the more planted and supple feel of the Intense made me a little more comfortable and confident. It seems that I should be able to get the same out of the One.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi1114 View Post
    Appreciate the offer. If we can make it work that would be great. I beleive we may have met before. I used to live in Boise. Left in 2007. I think you used to ride a Devinci prior to the Canfield.
    Yep, that is me. I will let you know if I make it over there. You the same Jim we built up your old vpx for in Ian's garage and the rear end was all spaced too wide to where we were trying to figure out if the wrong dropouts were installed?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    Yep, that is me. I will let you know if I make it over there. You the same Jim we built up your old vpx for in Ian's garage and the rear end was all spaced too wide to where we were trying to figure out if the wrong dropouts were installed?
    Yep, that's me with the same VPX. It has been a good bike, but looking to change. The One seems to be the ticket.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Riding a One

Hey Jim, I am Aenemas friend here in Portland, and I met you in Boise a couple of times. My friend Sean bought your Grand Mal back in the day and we rode with you at Tamarack. Let me know if you want to check out my One. I just got it last month and have had it out only once, but it felt great. I will be gone this weekend but will be around all of next week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptikl-jc View Post
    Hey Jim, I am Aenemas friend here in Portland, and I met you in Boise a couple of times. My friend Sean bought your Grand Mal back in the day and we rode with you at Tamarack. Let me know if you want to check out my One. I just got it last month and have had it out only once, but it felt great. I will be gone this weekend but will be around all of next week.
    Thanks, that would be awesome. I am around next week as well so maybe we can connect then. I will PM you my number and we can figure it out at your convenience.