mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Dropper post sizing for The One?

I'm getting a '13 One medium frame. I have an opportunity to purchase a new Rockshox Reverb dropper post for cheap on craigslist. I won't have the frame until May-June so I don't have the ability to measure what size dropper would work. I'd like to buy the reverb now because its a good deal that will get snatched up. The reverb specs are 380mm with 150mm rise/drop. I'm 5'11''ish with a 32 inseam on the med frame. I'm hoping to get an idea what dropper post size people with the one are running. The 380mm won't be a problem, but I'm worried the 6inches of drop/rise will be to tall even with the post inserted as far as it can into the top of the seatpost. Let me know the specs and your inseam and what your running. Thanks

mtbr member
    This link should help, found it over in the Knolly section.
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSmitty View Post
    I'm getting a '13 One medium frame. I have an opportunity to purchase a new Rockshox Reverb dropper post for cheap on craigslist. I won't have the frame until May-June so I don't have the ability to measure what size dropper would work. I'd like to buy the reverb now because its a good deal that will get snatched up. The reverb specs are 380mm with 150mm rise/drop. I'm 5'11''ish with a 32 inseam on the med frame. I'm hoping to get an idea what dropper post size people with the one are running. The 380mm won't be a problem, but I'm worried the 6inches of drop/rise will be to tall even with the post inserted as far as it can into the top of the seatpost. Let me know the specs and your inseam and what your running. Thanks
    I've got the same size frame you're getting, also the same height and inseam. When the saddle is extended to full leg extension height, I've got 9" of post showing from the top of seat collar to the saddle rails. You should be good-to-go with that post. The One has a short seat tube length.

mtbr member
    1st, make sure it's a 30.9 diameter. Reverb also comes in a 31.6 which will not work. You don't mention that so...

2nd: reverb is not available in a 150mm drop. currently it's 125 or 100 (I believe I read that for 2014 there will be a 150mm option, but I don't think that model has made it's way to craigslist).

What I would do to make sure the post isn't too long is measure on your current bike the BB to seat rails, that's the dimension you need to maintain. So take that number, subtract the seat tube length from the One, and as long as you have 6" or so (the 125mm from, plus the length of the collar; the max. insertion), you're good.
    Also, I believe you can make any 125mm reverb 100mm drop, so that could be an option as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks for the reply's everybody.

Joules- I guess I should have been more specific. It is a Reverb stealth. Starting in 2012 the stealth only model was offered in 150mm. It is a 30.9 diameter. Didn't think about using my current bike's numbers against the one's. Good idea...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Errr nevermind, looks like the 150mm is only available in the 31.6 post, according to sram.com. Guess I better find out exactly what the guy has wrong in his post...