Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
  1. #1
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713

    Did you say 2012 Jedi?

    Well then, here you go...



    Teaser pics


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    422
    That looks freakin' awesome

    Maybe we'll need to wait to see, but i sure hope the same technique is applied to the black frames. I really liked the ano frame with polished graphics like the older Jedis.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    210
    Most of the frames are Black Anodized. Only a few of the silver came out-
    7005 doesn't really love to be anodized and the polished sections of the silvers have a bit of foggy areas in them, So I ended up shooting a glitter clearcoat over the silver ano frames- (All 17 of them.) But the fogginess around the headtubes are still visible, but I kept them cause the polishing looks so dam good to turn down. We did have 7 Larges that ended up with just a semi-polished finish and clearcoat like last year.

    We have a lot of fun link colors this round too.
    Black
    White
    Red
    Blue
    Lime
    Neon Orange
    Neon Yellow- (only 5)
    Pink- (only 4)

    We are really excited for this frame this year.
    I just got finished building them up over here in Taiwan. (Yes, I build them all-)
    And they are pimp!!!
    We opened up the shock clearance on the downtube- and except for the small size- you can now get the rear shock in the frame without pulling the upper link.
    And we are back to the Laser etched logo's (on the black frames)- and colored sticker sheets for all the frames.
    Also, a new added feature- I had Lance add a centering pin in the back of the upper pulley wheel plate to keep the pulley wheel aligned right.

    Don't forget to consider a 9t micro drive hub for the frame too- You can get the custom MRP chainguide to match- which is lighter- and has a 10mm higher bumper- for more clearance over rocks when bottoming.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    422
    Sounds awesome! Also love how the new graphics look. Subtle and elegant.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared View Post
    Most of the frames are Black Anodized. Only a few of the silver came out-
    7005 doesn't really love to be anodized and the polished sections of the silvers have a bit of foggy areas in them, So I ended up shooting a glitter clearcoat over the silver ano frames- (All 17 of them.) But the fogginess around the headtubes are still visible, but I kept them cause the polishing looks so dam good to turn down. We did have 7 Larges that ended up with just a semi-polished finish and clearcoat like last year.

    We have a lot of fun link colors this round too.
    Black
    White
    Red
    Blue
    Lime
    Neon Orange
    Neon Yellow- (only 5)
    Pink- (only 4)

    We are really excited for this frame this year.
    I just got finished building them up over here in Taiwan. (Yes, I build them all-)
    And they are pimp!!!
    We opened up the shock clearance on the downtube- and except for the small size- you can now get the rear shock in the frame without pulling the upper link.
    And we are back to the Laser etched logo's (on the black frames)- and colored sticker sheets for all the frames.
    Also, a new added feature- I had Lance add a centering pin in the back of the upper pulley wheel plate to keep the pulley wheel aligned right.

    Don't forget to consider a 9t micro drive hub for the frame too- You can get the custom MRP chainguide to match- which is lighter- and has a 10mm higher bumper- for more clearance over rocks when bottoming.
    Looks good Chris,

    How important is the alignment of the upper pulley? Where exactly should it be for 2011 models? Thanks and keep making the fastest bikes on the planet.

  6. #6
    It's time for a road trip
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Ooh, the silver and lime green...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    707
    Don't forget to consider a 9t micro drive hub for the frame too- You can get the custom MRP chainguide to match- which is lighter- and has a 10mm higher bumper- for more clearance over rocks when bottoming.[/QUOTE]



    No need to consider, just point me in the direction so I can buy this 9t hub!

    A custom guide to match, meaning a guide that works with say.....a 28t ring?

  8. #8
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    a custom guide to match, meaning a guide that works with say.....a 28t ring?
    yes
    28-32

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    707
    Well then, when/where can a get my hands on this guide, and the 9t hub?!

  10. #10
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Well then, when/where can a get my hands on this guide, and the 9t hub?!
    Word. I emailed MRP a couple weeks ago to ask about a release date for their 28t compatible guide but haven't heard anything. I have a 28t ring coming from Homebrewed, and want a guide.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  11. #11
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713

    Call or email

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Well then, when/where can a get my hands on this guide, and the 9t hub?!
    Just call Sean at 801-548-2556 or send email to sales@canfildbrothers.com and you will get some info.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    Just call Sean at 801-548-2556 or send email to sales@canfildbrothers.com and you will get some info.
    Thanks heaps, email sent!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    210
    The 150 x 12 9t hubs are in-!!!!

  14. #14
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713

    a few more...




  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,699
    how about a few shots of the 2012 ONE?

  16. #16
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713

    soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post
    how about a few shots of the 2012 ONE?
    When a few pics are avl. I will start a new thread called "the 2012 One"

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,699
    Nice : )

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    525
    Those sure are purty!

  19. #19
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by danglingmanhood View Post
    Those sure are purty!

    You can say that again...



    Last edited by supramk388; 02-24-2012 at 12:25 PM.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    422

    Good job!

    SO STOKED. I really loved the original Jedi graphics...and am loving how the 2012 frames look with the same style. With the sick new skull head badge, Lance/Chris really hit it out of the park imho!! Perfection

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    707
    Ooooo, f&%k they look good, I really like the black and green combo.....

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,088
    I am digging the black and flourescent yellow. Really makes that yellow pop out. I think I would work harder to keep my bike clean if I had that combo.

  23. #23
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713

    Mine showed up today :)

    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    I am digging the black and flourescent yellow. Really makes that yellow pop out.
    Agreed...




    Best I could do I was running out of light this eve.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    344
    Sick Ricky ! There are surely gonna be some colorful builds this year! I know Vin is getting some LOUD colors on his ! The new frames really look great, The laser etching and polishing will look new for years!

  25. #25
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713

    Finally...

    , more later, going riding!!!




    36.4 lbs

    65 geo (for now)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •