mtbr member

Crampons v's Crampon Ultimate

For the past few months I've been unclipped after about 7 years of being locked down. Did a enduro a couple of weeks ago and for some reason at the last moment I clipped back in. Now I'm back on the platform program, convinced that for the type of riding platforms are the way to go.

So lets hear about it, undoubtedly these pedals are up there with the best available . On paper its pretty clear what the differences are but I'd like to hear from those who have had time on them both. Is one better than the other, or do they both offer a unique quality that the other is missing? What's the maintenance like? Let it all out!

Canfield Brothers
    Here's is a photo comparison of our two pedals...

We are only a few weeks away from having the Ultimates back in stock!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crampons v's Crampon Ultimate-pedals.jpg  

Crampons v's Crampon Ultimate-img_1769.jpg  

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post

We are only a few weeks away from having the Ultimates back in stock!!!
    Will purple be in that shipment? Looking for a new set for the DJ frame.

mtbr member
    Nice, like the second pic it displays the profile differences nicely. Surely you guys have had some time on both set's, which set do you prefer?

beater
    I haven't spent much time on the Crampons, but my friend has them and I've goofed around on his Endorphin. I prefer the body shape my Ultimates and the feel that gives them. Plus they don't tend to squeak as much with the spindle hidden inside the body. If you're not in urgent need of pedals, I'd definitely wait a few weeks for the Ultimates. They really are a great pedal.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hold out for the Ultimates. Recently purchased the originals as the Ultimates were sold out, good pedals but the spindle/shoe squeak drove me nuts. Foot placement was an issue for me as well. The. Newer design should eliminate these issues. Not to steer you away from Canfield but I just put on some Straitline Amps and really like them.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    Will purple be in that shipment? Looking for a new set for the DJ frame.
    We are having Black, Red and Blue air shipped in, the other colors are on the boat.