mtbr member

Crampons Squeak.

My Crampons squeak a lot, but only when mashing down on them especially during climbs. I've taken them apart and re-greased them twice already and they'll start out fine, but after a little riding and climbing, they're back to the annoying squeak when climbing and particularly when more weight pressure is put on them. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time

mtbr member
    Buy the Ultimates or get another set of shoes.

On a trip through Moab and Grand Junction my spindles turned black from the soles of my 5.10s. Been a couple months on the Ultimates with no squeak.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    So the squeak is from the shoe rub on the spindle? I read that somewhere and didn't think that was the issue, but that's starting to make sense now. I have notice when climbing, if I shifted my shoes in different positions the squeaking would stop. The Ultimates would be nice, but after dropping my "hobby" money on a '12 One build, they'll have to wait. Thanks Calhoun!

perpetual pucker factor
    It may be seen as sacrilege to some, but if it bothers you, you can always take a dremel to just that portion of your sole that hits the axle. If you are very gentle and don't take off any more than necessary, you might solve your problem without spending the cash monies.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    One thing that helped to ease some of the squeak for my Crampons was to add pins in the holes close to the spindle. Figure out what hardware you want to use and drill/tap those holes. This is what I did to help out my V1s.
    (All credit goes to Ricky for telling me about that trick )
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra