mtbr member
    Jun 2017

New question here. Coil spring rate help on Toir?

Hey, Been reading this forum for years but have never posted!

Just picked up a Riot of Dusty and getting sooo close to being able to ride it but am unsure if i should step up the coil rate. Its a 450 and i am around 200lbs depending on how much beer is consumed.

the 450 gives me about 25percent sag with three turns of spring preload on the avalanche chubie.
    Anyone willing so share there setups?
    Thanks!
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    That should be ok. I run my woodie at 30% sag. You can tune it further with the adjustment knobs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cammer View Post
    Hey, Been reading this forum for years but have never posted!

Just picked up a Riot of Dusty and getting sooo close to being able to ride it but am unsure if i should step up the coil rate. Its a 450 and i am around 200lbs depending on how much beer is consumed.

the 450 gives me about 25percent sag with three turns of spring preload on the avalanche chubie.
    Anyone willing so share there setups?
    Thanks!
    Cheers
    I have a chubby with 500lbs spring(I'm 200) no turns past preload.
    Craig at avalanche would have probably set the peddle assist around 30% sag. There isn't much, and the Riot doesn't need help. But at 25% you may feel a little hang up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm about 210 with gear and Craig calculated the 500# spring for me as well. My set up sheet doesn't say anything about number or turns for pre load.

It may be worth your while to send it in and have it tuned for your weight and riding style. 450# may be a bit light. You can always call Craig at avalanche and see what he says. prepare yourself for an explanation that may be long winded.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by A_street View Post
    I'm about 210 with gear and Craig calculated the 500# spring for me as well. My set up sheet doesn't say anything about number or turns for pre load.

It may be worth your while to send it in and have it tuned for your weight and riding style. 450# may be a bit light. You can always call Craig at avalanche and see what he says. prepare yourself for an explanation that may be long winded.
    This is good advise. I remember Craig saying he doesn't like the spring to have too much preload. Most will suggest tight enough for the spring not to move.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    okay right on, thanks guys! kinda figured id have to move up to the next spring.
    Cheers!