mtbr member

change bb height on 2012 ONE with shock bushings?

hey guys,

been using my 2012 THE ONE for AM ride, while it pedals AWESOME with the CCDB-A, i cant ignore the fact that i strike so many rock with my cranks, i set it to about 28% sag on the shock, and going uphill i just hit almost everything

so i remembered that a few months ago i have made these offset shock bushings for a friend to help change the bike geometry

you think it would help THE ONE?

i ride a Large size with 160 fox upfront

change bb height on 2012 ONE with shock bushings?-img_20121029_181539.jpg
    change bb height on 2012 ONE with shock bushings?-img_20121103_103502.jpg
    Last edited by katsooba; 11-05-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    '12 Canfield One! - f\/ck yeah!
    '12 Canfield brothers Jedi F1 - so fast im back in time

mtbr member
    the super low bb at 160mm travel is what scared me off the one. great bike, but i wanted a 160mm travel bike and for me, way too low. i think offset bushings could help, not sure how much they'd raise the bb though

mtbr member
    its not that i strike every pedal turn
    im with 170 mm cranks, which are long for this bike,
    suggested was 165 mm

when i get to tech rock stuff uphill i just need to time my pedals, but when going out with a friends stumpjumper evo with LOW bb, i get same pedal strikes on same parts of the trail, so i guess its not THE ONE problem, but mine

this bike turns and tracks like a demon! raising up the bb even by 5 mm will make me happy

and becuase of the shock movement through its travel is pretty much straight and now uses the shock eyelet as an axle, i think that making two bushing and mounting them on farthest positions would help

Huffy Rider
    Do those bushings work on a CCDB? I was under the impression you had to be running Fox...I have been wrong before tho. Which bushing company BTW?

mtbr member
    i dont know if they work on a CCDB
    i have made them initially for a fox shock, i CNC'd them as i saw fit

i guess if i could take apart the ccdb bushing i could copy it with my changes and make one for the CCDB

Huffy Rider
    I would like to try some on my diggle. I run a ccdb so that's why I haven't yet. Leme know if you figure it out.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure you'll get a change with the bb, though you'll get a HA change as well.

A few weeks ago I stumbled across this guy on ebay, looks like he does bushings for Cane Creek...

Offset Shock bushings | Mounting Hardware | Mount kit | All frames | Proshox | eBay

mtbr member
    A few other options out there. Burgtec happen to list's the C' brothers frames

Offset Shock hardware Burgtec | Shop Burgtec Penthouse Flats
    Last edited by bigcrs; 10-29-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: more info

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Another option that I am looking at is using an angled headset. It would help to raise the BB at the cost of a steeper HT angle.

TBH I think my 2011 needs this as the 64 is awfully slack for AM riding IMHO.

I'm really curious how much these shock bushings would raise the BB and steepen the HT, and if using them in conjunction with an angleset would over do the steepening. 64 to 66 would be acceptable, I think

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I went with a VP varial angleset on my one. Its the 2011 version. I have an air build, xfusion HLR 160 mm fork. I run the angle at 1.5+ putting me around 65.5 ish degrees for all mountain riding then swap out to a coil build zochi 888 ti, xfusion coil shock. I really enjoy keeping it steep with the 888 for some of the burlier AM riding then switch it to stock 64 degrees for the real DH fun.

Might be a good option to offset bushings, plus gives you great adjust-ability on ht angles

Love the one, best bike ever built in my opinion

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Anyone tried running a 650b front tire on their One? should raise the bottom bracket and help the roll over. Moto guys have been running larger fronts for ever.

mtbr member
    Running 650b front and rear on my 2011 ONE.... raised the BB a little bit but really helped with clearance. Did not affect the handling very much....
    Trying to painfully relive some of youthful adventures!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Love the oldschool colors. What size rear tire are you running? I would have expected some clearance issues with the 650b on the back.

Look at the time!
    You could probably raise the BB by 5mm by simply using a bigger rear tire. Is that a 2.1 Maxxis you are running there? Try a 2.4" Ardent or something...

What length is that CCDB? 222mm or 216mm?
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

7MGTE

keep in mind

Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    the super low bb at 160mm travel is what scared me off the one. great bike, but i wanted a 160mm travel bike and for me, way too low. i think offset bushings could help, not sure how much they'd raise the bb though
    The bike was designed around 180mm or 200mm A-C in 2011 (same for 2012). Yes before some one points it out the website does mention smaller forks but look at Geo charts. The Geo charts on 2011 show 200mm or 180mm forks but the Geo chart for 2012 shows 200mm. With proper fork the BB is 14 inches depending on tires and HS combo. I would say 14 inch BB is not low for an AM/FR/light DH bike (IMO).

The 08 XC/AM One called out for a 160mm fork. I think Canfield Bros still have some in stock if you ride a small. I will be buying one (pun intended, lol) for my son in 2 weeks.

If you use smaller fork on the 2011/2012, well then BB might be lower than expected.

mtbr member
    hey lelebebbel its a 8.75" shock
    im running a high roller tubeless 2.35 at the rear, wouldnt want to go bigger, but size wise i have a speci purgatory 2.2 which seems bigger than the maxxis, i might try it.
    maybe a big betty 2.4?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by katoom250 View Post
    Love the oldschool colors. What size rear tire are you running? I would have expected some clearance issues with the 650b on the back.
    that picture has a 2.1 Pancetti Neo Moto. Currently running 2.2 Wolverines WTB and still have clearance.
    Trying to painfully relive some of youthful adventures!!

Look at the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
    hey lelebebbel its a 8.75" shock
    im running a high roller tubeless 2.35 at the rear, wouldnt want to go bigger, but size wise i have a speci purgatory 2.2 which seems bigger than the maxxis, i might try it.
    maybe a big betty 2.4?
    The BigBetty is pretty big so that would definitely help. 2.35" High Rollers are tiny, Maxxis measurements for their older model tires are way off.

I have mine set up with a 200mm Boxxer and 2.5" tires - the BB height feels fine, not any lower than most other bikes in this category. I have 165mm cranks on there but I could easily run 170s for AM use. A typical 200mm dual crown fork like my Boxxer is actually only about 20mm taller (axle to crown) than the 160mm Fox single crown you have.

I bet with a slightly bigger tire and a 180mm single crown fork on there, you wouldn't have any pedal strike issues.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

Huffy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    A few other options out there. Burgtec happen to list's the C' brothers frames

Offset Shock hardware Burgtec | Shop Burgtec Penthouse Flats
    Thanx, I contacted Burgtec to see if they do them for CCDB's. I could not get past the spam code for the Offset Bushing place, I tried like 50 times and gave up. I also asked the guy from ebay, we shall see. I am guessing I have to remove the rubber insert thingys from the eyelets to make the new bushings work. I also guess I would need to install a DU? not sure, hopefully whoever I get them from will help me.

mtbr member
    650b is a nice idea to try
    i will see if i can get my hands on a wheelset around here

mtbr member
    650b is a nice idea to try
    i will see if i can get my hands on a wheelset around here
    I know everyone is spun up on 650 as the next big thing, but converting a 26er like the One... I just don't get it - there is no benefit. I have a 26x2.3 muddy mary in the back of mine, and I'm here to tell you, nothing bigger is going to fit in there; it's pretty much at the threshold of clearance I feel comfortable with.

So if you were to run a bigger rim, you'd have to run a smaller tire, and you certainly would not get a larger tire diameter, because anything larger than a big 26 will not fit. Your choices are 26" rim with a big tire, or 650 rim with a tiny, low volume tire. Both with the same diameter... unless you were riding your One with XC weenie 2.0" tires, 650 is not going to do anything for you, there's only negatives.

mtbr member
    thank you for the explanation

ofcourse i want to try the big betty 2.4 first on the rear

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Unless you go moto style on it, and run the 650 on the front only.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    thank you for the explanation

ofcourse i want to try the big betty 2.4 first on the rear
    I've had the 2.4 Big Betty R / 2.35 Muddy Marry F (ghetto tubeless w/ Schwalbe 20" tubes) on my '11 The ONE and just installed the 2nd set on my '12 The ONE and have been very happy with this combo for the stuff i ride in SoCal but the thing i will say is Schwalbe tires run big so my rear clearance is really,really close and don't see the benefit of running a 650b in the rear at least but does make sense on the front although i think there might be other option's as other's have stated.