Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    mtbr member
    I agree, a balance would be too much for my riding...

mtbr member

The Canfield Rumor Mill

Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    This.
    Whith 29 inch wheels of course.
    A full squish Yelli-type would be amazing.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Full squish yelli 29'er!Short stays and wheelbase and 130-150mm travel with clearance for the upcoming 27/2.8-3.2 tires would be awesome!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    Full squish yelli 29'er!Short stays and wheelbase and 130-150mm travel with clearance for the upcoming 27/2.8-3.2 tires would be awesome!
    That'll be tough to manage in the rear without some sort of drivetrain goofyness (wider BB, etc), and probably no option for a front del. (not an issue to me, but might be to some)

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Any updates on the carbon hardtail ? Wife just got a promotion and I'm itchin to spend her money.

mtbr member
    or the yelli squishy?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yeah the waiting game is killing me. I'd be happy with either one though I'd probably prefer a carbon yelli screamy.

Wish list:
    142x12
    Post style rear brake mounts inside the rear triangle
    16.25" chainstays
    Internal cable routing, stealth dropper routing.
    BSA bottom bracket
    Plenty of clearance for 1x drivetrains and a 2.4" tire
    Clearance for one full size water bottle

I love my wasabi green Yelli but she's due for an update! I pretty much want a the current nimble nine but don't want the 2+lbs weight gain and don't need the SS dropouts.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'd much rather see them weld out a Ti N9 frame than carbon or any FS bike.

mtbr member
    agree with the last couple of posts--as long as the N9's fun factor carries thru the bloodline, i'd welcome either a carbon yelli or yelli squishy (regardless of frame material).

in the interim, i picked up a process 111 to compliment my 1st gen N9, and would love to see the bros bring to market a FS 29 that retains the same geo of the N9/YS but with a suspension design that is a bit more active than the 111's.

i'd actually love it if/when someone builds a short to mid travel bike with a high pivot and idler pulley system (like an AM/trail jedi): rearward axle path could conceivably keep the CS/rear center short (17" or less) since designers aren't as restricted by rear tire/seatstays/yokes hitting the seat tube as they are with rear axles having a vertical or slightly forward axle path, idler pulley reduces many of the chaingrowth and unwanted drivetrain-rear suspension interactions, and exclusive use of 1x drivetrains eliminates the funkiness that plagued idler pulley/front derailer combinations from other builders in the past.

hmmm... given the crazy high prices of production bikes today, maybe it's time to talk to a custom builder to see if it's feasible to build a FS N9/YS with rearward axle path/idler pulley rear suspension.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I also have a Process 111 and a Canfield (Yelli Screamy). I'd love to see the same thing. Those two bike compliment each other well. Seems like there is a lot of money to be made in the short travel, agressive geo fs category. I could pretty much guarantee that they would sell every frame on pre-order if they made a 120mm 29er with Yelli/N9 geo.

I picked up the Process because it was the closest thing to a Yelli FS I could find. The bike is great but has its flaws. First of all it is a hefty beast. My size large frame weighed over 8lbs. I have a pretty tricked out lightweight X01 build and it's still about 31lbs.

You should try out a DB inline shock on yours. I just put one on my Process and it's a drastic improvement to the suspension.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    I also have a Process 111 and a Canfield (Yelli Screamy). I'd love to see the same thing. Those two bike compliment each other well. Seems like there is a lot of money to be made in the short travel, agressive geo fs category. I could pretty much guarantee that they would sell every frame on pre-order if they made a 120mm 29er with Yelli/N9 geo...
    I agree. Maybe the bros should trademark "short-aggro" before the big S claims they invented the concept in a few years and sues the pants off everyone else for trademark infringement ;^)

mtbr member

You know what I'd like to see...

A true AM rated stoutiness, 160mm travel, carbon, 29er, w/ a low-ish leverage ratio, ~13.7" BB height w/ a set of 2.5/2.3 DHF/DHR2s, that uses the same suspension design as the Balance.

I like to trail ride too, I like wagon wheels, and I like squish. Oh, and not so short on the rear stays so the thing can be a techy climbing beast!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I want a 180mm AM bike (26 or 27.5, no care) with as much rearward wheel travel as can be accommodated with a 1x drivetrain and a long-cage rear derailleur. Call it the Jedi Lite. Aim for 30lbs with air fork / air shock and a nice build 35lbs with air and a mid-range build.

Actually.... On a completely unrelated note, consider dropping the "Jedi" name before George Lucas' lawyers find out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    I want a 180mm AM bike (26 or 27.5, no care) with as much rearward wheel travel as can be accommodated with a 1x drivetrain and a long-cage rear derailleur. Call it the Jedi Lite. Aim for 30lbs with air fork / air shock and a nice build 35lbs with air and a mid-range build.

Actually.... On a completely unrelated note, consider dropping the "Jedi" name before George Lucas' lawyers find out.
    Isn't that essentially The One?

mtbr member
    The Balance is awesome. If there can be a Balance Carbon, that would be awesomer Same bike, just in carbon. Maybe builds that can hit around 25-26lbs without much effort?

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I dunno, how much rearward wheel travel did The One have?

I never saw one up close but from looking at the design it seemed like the travel arc was not much different from a typical single-pivot setup.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Come on Canfield guys...
    tell us something about the FS 29er!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    I dunno, how much rearward wheel travel did The One have?

I never saw one up close but from looking at the design it seemed like the travel arc was not much different from a typical single-pivot setup.
    NWS, you're correct--axle path for the one was more or less vertical , as discussed on post #18 of this thread.

It's hard to eyeball multilink/virtual pivot designs (whether w short linkages like Canfield/DW/VPP/Maestro or longer linkages like FSR/Horst) and guestimate axle path. But for single pivot designs, then as long as the pivot is above the rear axle, the axle path will be rearward as the rear axle moves thru it's arc, until the axle reaches the same height as the pivot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    120mm Yelli, 7.5 lbs WITH shock, sub 16.7 stays, 68 HA. Lenz Behemoth pretty much has this bike with a little more travel. I had a Lunchbox and cant say enough about that bike, I beat the hell out of that thing. I love Canfield these days so i'm hoping for the Squishy!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    150mm rear dropouts would be great for the Yelli Squishy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    [QUOTE=savo;11506279]Come on Canfield guys...
    tell us something about the FS 29er!

^^this x ∞

Aluminum...w/ extra sauce

turkey mash gravy pie = yes please
    Last edited by Deerhill; 1 Week Ago at 09:11 AM. Reason: + s'extra sauce to my order pls!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    120mm Yelli, 7.5 lbs WITH shock, sub 16.7 stays, 68 HA. Lenz Behemoth pretty much has this bike with a little more travel. I had a Lunchbox and cant say enough about that bike, I beat the hell out of that thing. I love Canfield these days so i'm hoping for the Squishy!
    Perfect. Exactly what I'd want. A more refined Kona Process 111 with a tad more travel.

mtbr member

The Canfield Rumor Mill

How about a cyclocross nimble 9 frame? Mines hefty @ 26# for running barriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7