Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Canfield Brothers
    Due to production delays, we do not have our samples that we hoped for yet and we'll do a full release after those are in our hands. In the meantime, I will confirm that our long awaited ,160mm Enduro bike is slated for a spring/early summer launch. 27.5/26 compatible and will feature our new, updated, The One suspension design. Our 29 FS is also in the works with the hopes of a fall/winter 2014 release.

Thank you all for your patience... I know you're as anxious as we are!

Cheers,

Vin

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Such is life with production in the bike biz. Sure it frustrates you Vin, even more than it does us.
    Would still love to see some N7 or YelliSixFiddy action in hardtails though....
    Thanks for the update man!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member

The Canfield Rumor Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster View Post
    Such is life with production in the bike biz. Sure it frustrates you Vin, even more than it does us.
    Would still love to see some N7 or YelliSixFiddy action in hardtails though....
    Thanks for the update man!
    You can do that will a yelli/n9.... It's been done. Just saying.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks for the update Vin!Can you give us some projected specs on the fs 29er?Geometry,suspension design,travel,weight etc.?Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    Due to production delays, we do not have our samples that we hoped for yet and we'll do a full release after those are in our hands. In the meantime, I will confirm that our long awaited ,160mm Enduro bike is slated for a spring/early summer launch. 27.5/26 compatible and will feature our new, updated, The One suspension design. Our 29 FS is also in the works with the hopes of a fall/winter 2014 release.

Cheers,

Vin
    YES! Sounds awesome. Any idea of travel on the 29?

mtbr member

Cheers,

Vin

F&$k'n great news! Just the conformation in itself is enough for me at this stage, the timing on the 27.5/26 couldn't be better!
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    You can do that will a yelli/n9.... It's been done. Just saying.
    I know... I know.... Just like it's been done with the SC Nickel that I currently own. Just don't dig trying to make a bike into something that it's not.
    But, thanks for the suggestion.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    In the meantime, I will confirm that our long awaited ,160mm Enduro bike is slated for a spring/early summer launch. 27.5/26 compatible and will feature our new, updated, The One suspension design.
    THIS.
    I was hoping for an earlier (winter) launch, but maybe I'll wait.
    Or maybe I'll find an used The One in the meanwhile...

(any 2011 XL The One for sale?? or Large??)

mtbr member

The Canfield Rumor Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster View Post
    I know... I know.... Just like it's been done with the SC Nickel that I currently own. Just don't dig trying to make a bike into something that it's not.
    But, thanks for the suggestion.
    Totally understand. There is a guy around here that converted to 650b. He loves his. It's more for "gravity-oriented " am riding. It's impressive to see how much faster he can rail a corner with the 650b wheels.

mtbr member

Cheers,

Vin
    Vin - Thanks for the update. That is exactly what I'm looking for, but I was hoping to get my new ride built up this winter. Can you give any additional details to entice me to wait, i.e. estimated frame weight, head/seat angles, bb height?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Does the new 160mm Enduro bike have a name yet?

mtbr member
    ...I will confirm that our long awaited ,160mm Enduro bike is slated for a spring/early summer launch. 27.5/26 compatible and will feature our new, updated, The One suspension design. Our 29 FS is also in the works with the hopes of a fall/winter 2014 release.

Thank you all for your patience...
    thanks for the update Vin!

since the YS/N9 HTs can be built to handle a wide range of riding, and there's a handful of new 29 FS bikes designed for enduro use, can you compare/contrast the focus for these 2 new bikes?

i.e., is the 26/27.5 160 enduro designed for burlier terrain compared to the 29 FS? or is the 29 FS more or less equivalent to the new 160 enduro except designed around the 29er platform?

mtbr member
    Ok Canfield, don't make me purchase this.

Something similar to the bike I linked to above would be the perfect bike for me and the trails that I ride.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

In the meantime, I will confirm that our long awaited ,160mm Enduro bike is slated for a spring/early summer launch. 27.5/26 compatible and will feature our new, updated, The One suspension design.
    Awesome!!
    Can't wait for this.

mtbr member
    Awesome to hear!!!! At that point I can take my 650 wheels from my 2011 ONE and put them on a PERFECT machine!!! Might as well start buying the parts for the build so when the frame gets released... IT's BUILD TIME!!!!!

By the way Sean.... my wife is loving the Nimble9... She keeps ribbing me that her Canfield is cooler than mine cuz hers....GLOWS!
    Trying to painfully relive some of youthful adventures!!

7MGTE

2014 Jedi...

HAHAHA! My post was only a week ago! We are waiting on on production PR samples. As we all know, this is the intraweb and nobody likes words without pictures.
    I got the email about then new Jedi and that frame looks sick!

Any other info? I am looking to get the 2014 One next year I will use that more than a Jedi and I can only afford one bike right now. I have been parting out my 2013 Jedi to get ready for the 2014 line up!

Thanks in advance, L8

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hey Canfield - let's skip this whole 650 business in favor of a fatty! That's my vote.

KillingtonVT - if that's your real name...why no fatty?! There's lots of snow at Killington. I love the trails out there. We need a Nimble Fat. If not for snow, then for general awesomeness - that's more along the lines of what I was thinking. Suspension forks are popping out of the wood work now. Everyone's coming out with fat bikes with super wide tires and longish wheelbases, which is great (don't get me wrong) but what we need is bike designed for killing it on regular trails that can ALSO be ridden in the snow.

For Christmas, I would like the following:
    4" tire clearance (5 is cool and all, but I don't need that size for trail riding)
    Short as can be chainstays
    Slack head tube, Designed with a short stem and wide handlebars in mind, suspension corrected for up to 130mm travel

You guys are awesome, have been a longtime fan of your bikes for a while now. If I hadn't caught this fat bike bug, I would be buying a Nimble 9 for sure.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgVT View Post
    KillingtonVT - if that's your real name
    No, not my REAL name... but I lived in Killington VT from '97 -2012, before I moved here to Bellingham, WA.

Fat bikes have grown immensely in popularity, however it's not a project we have on our radar at the moment. Maybe at some point in time.

mtbr member
    Hows the the 160mm 26er/650b frame coming along?

It's time to throw the dogs a bone, give us something to gnaw on. If you don't, we might jump the fence and get away!
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yes Vin,
    feed us with some info about the new enduro frame.
    if you don't have a production sample to show just post some numbers, some drawings, something!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    SOON young Jedi's......Soon!!

7MGTE

Wow!

Canfield Brothers! Thank you! Just saw the new Balance and it is sexy as all hell. I saw so many nice lines on the new frame and some other new items as well.

I have been parting out my 2013 Jedi to get ready for this one.

Thanks again for the update.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by acfsportsfan View Post
    Does the new 160mm Enduro bike have a name yet?
    The Drifty-Fifty
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast