mtbr member

Canfield Nimble "7" build has begun!!- Updated complete bike photos added

Ok after seeing the other 650B nimble I was giving it some thought... Then I "screwed" up and went for a test ride on my wife's Nimble 9 I just built for her---It felt soo smooth and just flowed around the practice loop at our local trail head. I just had to order me a frame and make a 650B with it. Still can't grasp the need for the BIG hoops yet. Ridden 650b before and loved it on my "ONE" frame..

Parts coming in:

Tires, headset will be here tomorrow and the balance of parts are coming out of my spare parts bins... With all this rain lately, I am going to have to make a trip to Ray's MTB park in Milwaulkee, Wi on Saturday to try it out

It's complete for now... Possible changes: High roller II for the front, Crank Bros 27.5 when released and a dropper post...

A Gratuitous photo with my wife New Nimble9...
    Last edited by rsullivan; 11-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Trying to painfully relive some of youthful adventures!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    LOVE the orange and blue. I am going with literally the opposite color scheme on my Yelli (blue frame with orange bits).

Should be fun! Would love to ride a Nimble 7...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Nice. Me liking a lot.

What fork will this be?

mtbr member
    Thanks...fo right now the fork will be a 140mm fox ctd 26" with a 27.5/2.35 Hutchinson toro there is over a inch of clearance. Might change it later....not sure yet

mtbr member
    Ride report:
    Two rides out on the converted Nimble9. First one was on a flowing but smooth trail system. The bike handled like a dream. So smooth and quiet thru the trails, loved it. The second day on it was a trail system with long extended rock gardens and large root filled dh sections combined with tight twisty single track. All in all the bike was awesome. The only thing I will be changing will be the fork and front tire. Need a little more clearance for the rock gardens and more meat on the front for the root filled dh runs. After my legs readjusted for hardtail riding I wasn't really missing the rear suspension. This confirms my plans to finish off my "ONE" as a full time DH bike....that being said anybody have a dual crown fork they want to part with. Thanks Sean for the frames and huge props go to the brothers for their love of aggressive frame designs.

mtbr member
    What size is the wife's N9 and how tall is she?

mtbr member
    My wife is on a small and is about 5'2". It is setup in a more upright ride position due to her having some leg disability. She will never ride any extreme trails so as it sets works.
    Note. .. her front wheel is setting on a mound at the tree base giving it a appearance of a tall front end. My bars are actually 2" higher

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Awesome looking Nimble!

My Sparkle Blue N9 frame will be here next week, I will be dressing it up with pink bits - I am going to run it 650B rear and 29er front with a shortish 100mm fork for now. I'm not sold on 29er stuff yet either - this bike may change my mind...