Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 2,301 to 2,369 of 2369
  1. #2301
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28
    As it turns out the Paulís klamper is too big to run 180 so 160 it is. Thank you to all that responded

  2. #2302
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28

    New whip

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-cb28a036-2923-4eeb-9651-2cbc06baf3ba.jpg
    The new ride

  3. #2303
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28

    New ride

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-6b9149ec-a5f0-45b6-a84c-192a20b94244.jpg




    The new ride

  4. #2304
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo03 View Post
    Anyone have problems running 180mm rotor in the rear? My lbs is building up my epo with Paulís klampers and apparently itís not fitting
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonX View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't fit a 180mm and had to stick with 160mm.
    Mostly the same here--although I could fit it, it was nearly impossible to adjust and get an Allen key into the bolts to tighten it down. I just put it back to a 160mm as well. FYI, I put on XT brakes and Shimano adaptor. I did run it for a day but couldn't get it adjusted quite right.

  5. #2305
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,569
    I'm going back and reading past posts...maybe I'll see some answers to my questions...

    Who's running their EPO as 27.5+? Are you able to get a 2.8 tire in there?

    And...anyone put more than 140mm travel fork on their EPO? I have a 150mm Pike that I'd like to use if I got this frame...I know I can reduce the travel but if I don't have to that's a few bucks saved and a little extra travel to boot.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

  6. #2306
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,001

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er

    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I'm going back and reading past posts...maybe I'll see some answers to my questions...

    Who's running their EPO as 27.5+? Are you able to get a 2.8 tire in there?

    And...anyone put more than 140mm travel fork on their EPO? I have a 150mm Pike that I'd like to use if I got this frame...I know I can reduce the travel but if I don't have to that's a few bucks saved and a little extra travel to boot.
    I'm running 2.8s easy. Lots of room. Never tried a 3.0 tire as they are so draggy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2307
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,569
    Yeah...I'd probably go 2.8 max anyways. Maybe 2.6 rear and 2.8 front. I'm so close to pulling the trigger. I have all the parts (if I strip my Release 3) to build except I'd need a non-boost crank and I guess a new wheelset since what I have now is boost. That's really what's holding me back...that's another $400-$600 on top of the frame and crank.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

  8. #2308
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Yeah...I'd probably go 2.8 max anyways. Maybe 2.6 rear and 2.8 front. I'm so close to pulling the trigger. I have all the parts (if I strip my Release 3) to build except I'd need a non-boost crank and I guess a new wheelset since what I have now is boost. That's really what's holding me back...that's another $400-$600 on top of the frame and crank.
    I'm told you can run a boost wheel in this frame....YMMV


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #2309
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,569
    I read that but I'd be a little sketched out doing that. I guess it would work until I got another proper wheelset.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

  10. #2310
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    89
    Max width mine can 'clear' is nobby nic 2,8 in rear, but the tyre rubs when you ride hard in corners, so i made aluminium cs guards which work perfect... would reccomend to anyone running a big tire in the back...

  11. #2311
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mcb99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6
    Morning ride

    Envoyť de mon E6633 en utilisant Tapatalk

  12. #2312
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo03 View Post
    Anyone have problems running 180mm rotor in the rear? My lbs is building up my epo with Paulís klampers and apparently itís not fitting
    I tried 180mm and decided it wasn't worth the hassle; kept scratching the clear coat when trying to position the caliper. 160mm works just fine for everything here in VA.

  13. #2313
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6
    FWIW, and I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I just swapped out the Maxle for an Ibis Hexle, which seems a lot less finicky. I broke the Maxle and it was hanging on for dear life.


  14. #2314
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    FWIW, and I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I just swapped out the Maxle for an Ibis Hexle, which seems a lot less finicky. I broke the Maxle and it was hanging on for dear life.

    Which Hexle would I purchase if I'm running i9 Torch hubs and Shimano XT drivetrain on my EPO?

    I would guess the Shimano 142 version. The note about thread pitch is something I'm not familiar with and confusing.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  15. #2315
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BurkeVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by caldog View Post
    I would guess the Shimano 142 version.
    Yup. Shimano 142.

    The Hexle is great. Cheap, light, effective.
    -Chris

  16. #2316
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeVT View Post
    Yup. Shimano 142.

    The Hexle is great. Cheap, light, effective.
    SRAM Hexle is the one you want. It's the right length/thread pitch for the EPO dropouts.

  17. #2317
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    350
    EPO version 2.0! 140 Pike RCT3 w/Luftkappe mod, Next 170mm cranks, and 27.5 x 2.6 Maxxis Ardent Race R/Rekon F tires. Down to 23.9 lbs now. Really digging the 2.6's, was running the 2.8's and decided to give these a try. Less squirm, rolling resistance, and spin up quicker. Height difference is pretty minimal, about 3-4mm, so notice no issues on the trail. Just rips and is more playful (if that's even possible?) than before.

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-20180620_200814b.jpg

  18. #2318
    sbd
    sbd is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    580
    That is a sweet a$$ rig

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  19. #2319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    That is a sweet a$$ rig

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

  20. #2320
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    782
    Hi all, has anyone fitted a Maxxis Aggressor 29x2.5 in the rear? room enough? I've got 35mm internal width rims

  21. #2321
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BurkeVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    Hi all, has anyone fitted a Maxxis Aggressor 29x2.5 in the rear? room enough? I've got 35mm internal width rims
    I tried an Aggressor 29x2.5 on my (rear) 30mm ID rim at the start of the season. It cleared the chainstay enough to be worth a try, but after 2 rides I pulled the wheel out and found that the tire had been rubbing the inside of the chainstays.
    -Chris

  22. #2322
    Ride Hard Live Easy
    Reputation: notMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    52
    Hi guys. Extremely important technical question here. I just picked up a EPO in blue and I'm trying to find parts that match the color. Anyone tried matching the blue Chromag Lynx DT with the blue decals on the EPO?
    If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.

    Henry Ford

  23. #2323
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,127
    Iím getting a new dropper for my epo and itís internal routed and my frame doesnít have the internal and was hoping someone might know where the old thread about drilling the frame for this is. I searched around and couldnít find a thread for it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #2324
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    126
    Drill the cap for the front derailleur. Do NOT drill the frame.

  25. #2325
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Iím getting a new dropper for my epo and itís internal routed and my frame doesnít have the internal and was hoping someone might know where the old thread about drilling the frame for this is. I searched around and couldnít find a thread for it
    It's back earlier in this thread but like callmesb said, just drill an angled hole in the front derailleur mount. I did mine in the slotted part and the cap fits over fine, it's super clean and easy to do.

  26. #2326
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    350
    And with dumb luck I found it on the first try, page 14 post 1307.

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er - Page 14- Mtbr.com

  27. #2327
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmanxj View Post
    And with dumb luck I found it on the first try, page 14 post 1307.

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er - Page 14- Mtbr.com
    Thanks man this is the last thing I need to do to finish getting the epo ready for the oramm at the end of this month.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #2328
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    173
    Just placed an order, 2017 XL EPO incoming ... this is what It will be replacing


  29. #2329
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IPA Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    460
    Any word on new EPO's coming out?
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

  30. #2330
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit_xc View Post
    Just placed an order, 2017 XL EPO incoming ... this is what It will be replacing


    well ducking duck duck - couple hours after I placed the order got a paypal refund with the following message:

    "Notes from merchant
    sorry we are sold out of this frame, this is a typo. We will keep you in the loop with an ETA. Should be jan. Thank you"

  31. #2331
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IPA Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit_xc View Post
    ...We will keep you in the loop with an ETA. Should be jan.
    January???
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

  32. #2332
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985
    Are they even in business any more?

  33. #2333
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    Are they even in business any more?
    I was kind of wondering the same thing.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  34. #2334
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985
    I wouldnít bother with trying to get into an EPO. There are other bikes Iíd rather ride that are better built frames from companies that provide customer service.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

  35. #2335
    mtbr member
    Reputation: scottay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    965
    What carbon hardtail is comparable to an EPO?

  36. #2336
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985
    Transition Vanquish. The EPO doesnít really compare to it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

  37. #2337
    mtbr member
    Reputation: scottay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    965
    Cool, I'll check it out.

  38. #2338
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by scottay View Post
    What carbon hardtail is comparable to an EPO?
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    Transition Vanquish. The EPO doesnít really compare to it.

    wow, kids these days

  39. #2339
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit_xc View Post
    wow, kids these days
    Howís that EPO coming along?
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

  40. #2340
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    Transition Vanquish. The EPO doesnít really compare to it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I thought the Geo was almost the same... Refresh my memory....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #2341
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    Howís that EPO coming along?
    Patience is the word

  42. #2342
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IPA Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    460
    Honzo CR is on the list, with the Vanquish and EPO...not finding much else that fits the bill. Very little press/reviews on the Vanquish (or Throttle)
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

  43. #2343
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er

    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    I thought the Geo was almost the same... Refresh my memory....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Similar but the Vanquish is 13mm longer TT and reach, 21mm shorter stack, 15mm shorter HT, 10mm shorter ST, 6mm longer CSL.5 degree slacker STA and .5 degree slacker HA plus it can take an angle set with the ZS head tube. A more compliant ride and it looks much better IMO.

    But enough about this bike, this is a Canfield forum. Twice I tried to buy an EPO but they were out and couldnít give me a response. I bailed on it, ordered a Honzo CR but once they started delivering the carbon Honzo the issues showed up and I cancelled that. I just donít have any confidence in CBB right now. Good guys an innovative for sure but.....
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

  44. #2344
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IPA Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    Twice I tried to buy an EPO but they were out and I couldnít give me a response. I bailed on it, ordered a Honzo CR but once they started delivering the carbon Honzo the issues showed up and I cancelled that. I just donít have any confidence in CBB right now. Good guys an innovative for sure but.....
    Huh what? what issues with what bike (honzo/epo)???
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

  45. #2345
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit_xc View Post
    Patience is the word
    Iím plenty patient. Like I was patient over a couple years. But not to be and Iím glad it didnít happen.
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

  46. #2346
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by IPA Rider View Post
    Honzo CR is on the list, with the Vanquish and EPO...not finding much else that fits the bill. Very little press/reviews on the Vanquish (or Throttle)
    What kind of press do you need. Tradition builds great bikes that rip. I pretty much donít even need to ride one to decide to buy. The specs are good and I know what I like. The Honzo CR is shat. They screwed up the first one and the new ver that just launched looks like, weíll itís ugly.
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

  47. #2347
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er

    Quote Originally Posted by IPA Rider View Post
    Huh what? what issues with what bike (honzo/epo)???
    Iím not going to dis the EPO but the 1st Honzo CR had no tire clearance and had alignment issues. But it was a good looking bike.
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

  48. #2348
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IPA Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200 View Post
    What kind of press do you need. Tradition builds great bikes that rip. I pretty much donít even need to ride one to decide to buy.
    I was hoping for more than a very brief commentary from Dirtrag and the word of some guy on mtbr.com who hasn't ridden them.

    If they are as good as you say, then it seems that eventually they would get some attention somewhere, but perhaps these bikes are only for those few who really know their sh!z

    Love the look of the Honzo CR currently on the Kona site
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

  49. #2349
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by IPA Rider View Post
    I was hoping for more than a very brief commentary from Dirtrag and the word of some guy on mtbr.com who hasn't ridden them.

    If they are as good as you say, then it seems that eventually they would get some attention somewhere, but perhaps these bikes are only for those few who really know their sh!z

    Love the look of the Honzo CR currently on the Kona site
    None of these newer style hard tails get any press. With all the new enduro bikes and LT 29rs dominating the mind share.

    Have you not ridden a Honzo cr or an EPO? Iíve not ridden a Vanquish but I donít need to based on the geometry. Iíll buy one without riding it but Iím not suggesting you or anyone else should take my word that itíll be a good bike. Jump on over to the Transition forum and check it out. The see if you can demo one if needed.

    The Honzo looked boss! Better than the EPO. The Honzo CR geometry is spot on but you could barely fit a 2.25 racing ralph in the RT and they had issues with the RT alignment. I was wrong the new Kona bike i was referring to is the Big Honzo CR. It is fugly! The current Honzo cr was long. The size small geo is close to the medium Vanquish and EPO.


    The Trek Stash actually started this category of carbon hardtail even doing it with 29+, but you can run them with smaller 29r tires 2.4-2.6 and it is a very good bike.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

  50. #2350
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    24

    Broken EPO :-(

    So went to do some BB maintenance on my EPO, as have been noticing a slight creak under heavy pedaling. Thought it might be time to change the BB. To my surprise, after I removed the crank, the whole thing fell out with the BB inserts. Crap! Seems to have been like that for some time as can see the spinning marks on the frame and also on the BB inserts where they meet. Interestingly it had been hardly making a noise.

    Have been absolutely loving riding the bike. Have sent an email to the Australian distributor where I bought it from. Bought it in Oct 15 and have been riding it most weekends except for about a 9 to 12 month period where I swapped to my other bike, a Giant Reign. Anyways, see what Mr. Canfield will say? Anyone else have this problem?

    For the record, I'm 80kg, 53 years old and do ride hard and fast, mostly trial with some AM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-img_0109.jpg  

    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-img_0110.jpg  

    Last edited by apostolos; 08-10-2018 at 12:12 PM.

  51. #2351
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    165
    Yes - same - also bought Oct 15, but failed Apr 17, so clearly within warranty. Frame replaced by Canfield without hesitation.

  52. #2352
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,454
    Hmm. I assumed the insert was the full thickness of the silver discs on the ends. Now seeing what it really is, kinda disappointed.

  53. #2353
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,127
    I had that happen to mine recently but in all fairness Iíve beat the **** out of mine. Iím 200 lbs and ride like a bull in a china shop and I break everything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  54. #2354
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mestapho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by apostolos View Post
    So went to do some BB maintenance on my EPO, as have been noticing a slight creak under heavy pedaling. Thought it might be time to change the BB. To my surprise, after I removed the crank, the whole thing fell out with the BB inserts. Crap! Seems to have been like that for some time as can see the spinning marks on the frame and also on the BB inserts where they meet. Interestingly it had been hardly making a noise.

    Have been absolutely loving riding the bike. Have sent an email to the Australian distributor where I bought it from. Bought it in Oct 15 and have been riding it most weekends except for about a 9 to 12 month period where I swapped to my other bike, a Giant Reign. Anyways, see what Mr. Canfield will say? Anyone else have this problem?

    For the record, I'm 80kg, 53 years old and do ride hard and fast, mostly trial with some AM.
    I warrantied my first frame for the same problem. 2nd frame has been fine.

    Ive had several warranty issues w/different bike in places where metal is glued to carbon. Seems to be a very weak point.

  55. #2355
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,454

  56. #2356
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1
    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-smaller.jpg
    Finally finished my EPO today, taken a year to get all the parts together.

  57. #2357
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by apostolos View Post
    So went to do some BB maintenance on my EPO, as have been noticing a slight creak under heavy pedaling. Thought it might be time to change the BB. To my surprise, after I removed the crank, the whole thing fell out with the BB inserts. Crap! Seems to have been like that for some time as can see the spinning marks on the frame and also on the BB inserts where they meet. Interestingly it had been hardly making a noise.

    Have been absolutely loving riding the bike. Have sent an email to the Australian distributor where I bought it from. Bought it in Oct 15 and have been riding it most weekends except for about a 9 to 12 month period where I swapped to my other bike, a Giant Reign. Anyways, see what Mr. Canfield will say? Anyone else have this problem?

    For the record, I'm 80kg, 53 years old and do ride hard and fast, mostly trial with some AM.
    So got a swift response from Mr Canfield who advised ďYes sir, this is an easy fix, just re-epoxy the BB shell back in the frame. I have repaired one before with great results. I use a 2 part epoxy and it works perfect stillĒ. Well not what I was expecting considering the type of failure, but then maybe I was being too optimistic, and gave it a go.

    I did some research first and found some carbon repair websites recommending to remove the anodizing from the aluminum BB sleeve before gluing. This can easily be done with an oven cleaner spray. The idea was to open up the aluminum pores to better accept the adhesive. Cleaned up the carbon as best I could. I had some marine epoxy, which was thinner than the traditional hardware two pack epoxy. Being thinner had the advantage whereby it minimised the risk of 'over-applying' the epoxy and then ending up with a mess when pressing together. Coated all the mating parts and then used the cranks to pre-load the BB sleeve while the epoxy cured for a couple of days. Presto, looks as good as a bought one, maybe better !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-qyqq1359.jpg  


  58. #2358
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    565
    Anyone running an e*thirteen cassette on their EPO? My X1 Cassette is toast and I figure why not get the extra range, but it seems that the chain runs really close to the frame on these bikes and not sure if the 9t will cause any issues.

  59. #2359
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    143
    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-canny-medium.jpg


    My variation. Hope, Raceface, ZEE, DVO Sapphire, SRAM GX

  60. #2360
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by scycllerist View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canny medium.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	1213921


    My variation. Hope, Raceface, ZEE, DVO Sapphire, SRAM GX
    Very nice man. Iíve had mine for 2 yrs now and still enjoy riding it now as much as I did when I first got it. Now I have it in 27.5+ trim


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  61. #2361
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Very nice man. Iíve had mine for 2 yrs now and still enjoy riding it now as much as I did when I first got it. Now I have it in 27.5+ trim


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What size tires and inner rim width?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  62. #2362
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by caldog View Post
    What size tires and inner rim width?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    27.5x2.8 on stans barons rims which are 35mm internal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  63. #2363
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    27.5x2.8 on stans barons rims which are 35mm internal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you like about that setup over the 29er?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  64. #2364
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by caldog View Post
    What do you like about that setup over the 29er?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Seems a little more playful and a little more give when you smash rocks and roots. 29 set up its a faster bike but itís still a fast ass decending bike. Just a little more playful. Plus I destroyed my back rim and thought when I rebuilt it I would change it up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  65. #2365
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mestapho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,443
    Just another point of data

    Boost wheel in Back works fine, just need to use a 180 1.75 pitch axle

    Xt 8000 brake on 180 mount BARELY fits but does work.


    Has anyone tried a 32 zero offset chain ring?

    Standard 32 was too close for my comfort and 30 is kind of spinny.

  66. #2366
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Just another point of data

    Boost wheel in Back works fine, just need to use a 180 1.75 pitch axle

    Xt 8000 brake on 180 mount BARELY fits but does work.


    Has anyone tried a 32 zero offset chain ring?

    Standard 32 was too close for my comfort and 30 is kind of spinny.
    I have a 0 offset 32 oval on my epo and clears perfectly. I got a pf B.B. 30 0 off set chain ring. Granted Iím using the bros cranks which are direct mount sram interface


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  67. #2367
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mestapho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    I have a 0 offset 32 oval on my epo and clears perfectly. I got a pf B.B. 30 0 off set chain ring. Granted Iím using the bros cranks which are direct mount sram interface


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know. I have Sram Eagle cranks so should be good

  68. #2368
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mcb99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6
    Indian Summer

    Envoyť de mon E6633 en utilisant Tapatalk

  69. #2369
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6
    Every time I think I want to splurge on getting a full suspension, the EPO prevents me from doing it. Frame continues to impress time after time.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Similar Threads

  1. 2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS
    By KillingtonVT in forum Canfield
    Replies: 6062
    Last Post: 15 Hours Ago, 06:50 AM
  2. Some more Canfield Brothers DJ love....
    By rsullivan in forum Canfield
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 10:53 AM
  3. New Canfield Brothers Softgoods
    By KillingtonVT in forum Canfield
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 08:32 PM
  4. Canfield Brothers are off to Rampage!
    By KillingtonVT in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 08:50 PM
  5. Canfield Brothers Canada
    By atlanticrider in forum Canfield
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 08:10 AM

Members who have read this thread: 239

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.