Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Yes very similar epo might be a tick longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like I should go large then. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopbreakindown View Post
    I put a 29x2.6 Schwalbe NN in the back of the Epo on a WTB Asymi35 rim

It fits, but I wouldn't run it, maybe in the desert but not where I live.

Thinking the Rekon 29x2.6 might do the trick w/ the smaller knobs.
    Fitted the 29x2.6 Maxxis Rekon tires today, they clear, should be good to go unless they stretch a bunch. Might have slight rubbing on the CS in hard corners due to frame flex but won't be able to ride/verify till May.

Edit: mounted on i33 nextie rims
    Last edited by Stopbreakindown; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:29 PM. Reason: added rim specs

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Is a boost EPO on the way for 18?

mtbr member
    I just wanted to update and say that this is now my favorite bike in my stable. Holy cow is it fun! But even so, on a rocky ride yesterday that i am well familiar with I managed 17 PRs (everything but one crux move). Still learning the limits pushing through rock gardens descending, but overall, I cannot believe how much fun and how fast i can ride on a hardtail! Shot from yesterdays ride:

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-whitemesadronesunset.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    WOW - i've ridden that "crater" near Santa Fe - in the spring - no snow dusting as it appears in your pic - but its an inspiring and unique view every time you look a different direction or from the bottom looking up before coming out of it!!

looks kinda like what you'd expect from the moon or Mars!! HA - if the current sale EPO was boost i'd own it already - but have a plus ready and capable 27.5 boost wheel set and only would need a 29 to have both option... Hence why im sooooooo freekin close to a chrome n9 boost...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    WOW - i've ridden that "crater" near Santa Fe - in the spring - no snow dusting as it appears in your pic - but its an inspiring and unique view every time you look a different direction or from the bottom looking up before coming out of it!!

looks kinda like what you'd expect from the moon or Mars!! HA - if the current sale EPO was boost i'd own it already - but have a plus ready and capable 27.5 boost wheel set and only would need a 29 to have both option... Hence why im sooooooo freekin close to a chrome n9 boost...
    There are a few folks running boost wheels on the epo. Fyi...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    is that right??? i guess i need to do some more in depth searching unless anyone wants to jump in with the quick and dirty about this -

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    is that right??? i guess i need to do some more in depth searching unless anyone wants to jump in with the quick and dirty about this -
    I have read that they have test fit boost wheels in to most (all?) of their frames and they work just fine. The only thing required is a thru axle that is 6mm longer than the stock one.
    -VeloRyan-

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloRyan View Post
    I have read that they have test fit boost wheels in to most (all?) of their frames and they work just fine. The only thing required is a thru axle that is 6mm longer than the stock one.
    Be curious to hear from anyone with firsthand experience trying this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Damnit, I have succomb to self induced forum pressure by re-re-re reading this thread.

Thanks to the Bros and all you enablers here, I have a frame enroute.

Let the game begin!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Has anyone else been surprised at the maximum depth of seat post insertion?? I'm just about to start building up my Medium frame (I'm about 5'11" - 6'0" and got a BikeYoke Revive 185mm dropper. When I received the dropper yesterday and slid it into the frame, it stopped about 1.5 - 2.0 inches before I had expected and well before it reached the front derailleur mount. No other hardware or bends are present in the seat tube and I hadn't verified the depth with another post before I bough the dropper. I was surprised, given it's a straight seat tube with internal routing, that you couldn't insert the post all the way down to the where the cable exits the frame. It's likely that the saddle will be too high and I'll have to exchange for the 160mm version. Just seems a little surprising given the type of bike and that I'm at the high end of the height scale for a Medium already that a longer dropper wouldn't fit. 160mm would still be a huge upgrade for me, but it's a bummer that I potentially miscalculated.

mtbr member
    Might just be some excess material in there. Have you taken a look to see what is actually causing the obstruction?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty4130 View Post
    Has anyone else been surprised at the maximum depth of seat post insertion?? I'm just about to start building up my Medium frame (I'm about 5'11" - 6'0" and got a BikeYoke Revive 185mm dropper. When I received the dropper yesterday and slid it into the frame, it stopped about 1.5 - 2.0 inches before I had expected and well before it reached the front derailleur mount. No other hardware or bends are present in the seat tube and I hadn't verified the depth with another post before I bough the dropper. I was surprised, given it's a straight seat tube with internal routing, that you couldn't insert the post all the way down to the where the cable exits the frame. It's likely that the saddle will be too high and I'll have to exchange for the 160mm version. Just seems a little surprising given the type of bike and that I'm at the high end of the height scale for a Medium already that a longer dropper wouldn't fit. 160mm would still be a huge upgrade for me, but it's a bummer that I potentially miscalculated.
    At your size why did you go with a medium. Iím 5í8 on a large and I could easily fit a 150 dropper slammed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Hi all
    New to bike building and putting together an EPO and hope someone can help. Have a sram GXP team English threaded BB and sram gxp 1400 crankset with 32t chainring. When i install the chainring contacts the frame chainstay. Sram indicates to not use spacers (and even trying with couple spacers) seems to contact chainstay. Any help/advice on where I have gone wrong!
    Thanks!
    Dixon

mtbr member
    Whatís the offset on your chain ring. I had the same problem with mine. Solved it with a less offset chain ring

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Whatís the offset on your chain ring. I had the same problem with mine. Solved it with a less offset chain ring

Hi Sorry, not sure on this, it is this crankset:

Wiggle | SRAM GX 1400 1x GXP Chainset (with 32T Chainring) | Chainsets

Do you mean how much the chainring is set back from being in line with the contact point between the BB and the back of the crank?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixon_303 View Post
    Hi Sorry, not sure on this, it is this crankset:

Wiggle | SRAM GX 1400 1x GXP Chainset (with 32T Chainring) | Chainsets

Do you mean how much the chainring is set back from being in line with the contact point between the BB and the back of the crank?

Cheers
    Look at the Canfield site for build specs (found on the EPO page). It will tell you what offset your chainring should be. Chainrings come in a variety of offsets to accommodate a variety of B.B. and chainstay widths. Your offset is probably not correct.

mtbr member
    Hi all
    New to bike building and putting together an EPO and hope someone can help. Have a sram GXP team English threaded BB and sram gxp 1400 crankset with 32t chainring. When i install the chainring contacts the frame chainstay. Sram indicates to not use spacers (and even trying with couple spacers) seems to contact chainstay. Any help/advice on where I have gone wrong!
    Thanks!
    Dixon
    Make sure your dust covers are on the bearings. Did you try spindle spacers? If so try a spacer under the BB shell it wonít interfere with the chainring. You most likely have a 6 mm offset chainring. You could get a 3mm offset ring which is normally only needed for boost rear ends but will Work either way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesb View Post
    Look at the Canfield site for build specs (found on the EPO page). It will tell you what offset your chainring should be. Chainrings come in a variety of offsets to accommodate a variety of B.B. and chainstay widths. Your offset is probably not correct.
    The Bros. claim 32 is the largest but IMO a 30 is the biggest that will work. I put a 32 on and barely cleared the CS. Not enough room for flexing IMO. I run a 30 with no probs.

mtbr member
    Either 3mm offset or 0 offset bb30 ring will be fine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    The Bros. claim 32 is the largest but IMO a 30 is the biggest that will work. I put a 32 on and barely cleared the CS. Not enough room for flexing IMO. I run a 30 with no probs.
    Iím running a GX 32 with no issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Either 3mm offset or 0 offset bb30 ring will be fine.

Hi all
    Thanks for the replies and advice. LBS said may be due to chain ring being too large. Sean at Canfield bro also got back to me to say need direct mount chainring. The crank I have with chainring currently uses spider to attach chainring. So gonna look at getting DM chainring with maybe 30t and hopefully will be good to go. All these different options and standards sure are confusing!
    Anyone have any good recommendation for crankset fitting gxp BB already with DM let me know, or recommendation for good DM chainring that won't break the bank?
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Hi all
    Thanks for the replies and advice. LBS said may be due to chain ring being too large. Sean at Canfield bro also got back to me to say need direct mount chainring. The crank I have with chainring currently uses spider to attach chainring. So gonna look at getting DM chainring with maybe 30t and hopefully will be good to go. All these different options and standards sure are confusing!
    Anyone have any good recommendation for crankset fitting gxp BB already with DM let me know, or recommendation for good DM chainring that won't break the bank?
    Cheers
    XO1, XX1 can be found reasonably used. I prefer SRAM rings, I have not had great luck w/Race Face rings. RF anything to be honest.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    So is that go crank same as the one I have? Or is it direct mounted chain ring? Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    So is that go crank same as the one I have? Or is it direct mounted chain ring? Cheers
    Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-hxyi3ajrskiznoy3w2nnmg.jpgCanfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-ahztutq0sooyuqvfbukfbw.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HXyi3AjrSKiznoY3w2nnMg.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	1177171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ahzTUtq0SoOyuQVFBUKfBw.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	1177172
    So yes this is essentially exactly what I have except I have the gx 1400 cranks but don't see that making a difference. Exact same chainring and bb but my chainring cuts into the chainstay. How do you upload photos and will provide?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    So yes this is essentially exactly what I have except I have the gx 1400 cranks but don't see that making a difference. Exact same chainring and bb but my chainring cuts into the chainstay. How do you upload photos and will provide?
    Mine is a 2016 pre-boost model so that may make a difference. Also, SRAM makes a variety of chainring offsets for that chainring. Yours may be a different offset than mine.

mtbr member
    Download the Tapatalk App for you phone and get on MTBR through the App

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Mine is a 2016 pre-boost model so that may make a difference. Also, SRAM makes a variety of chainring offsets for that chainring. Yours may be a different offset than mine.
    Mine 2017 but still pre boost. On that thought do you think using a boost crankset would solve it?
    Otherwise is there a way to tell from the chainring it's offset? I was not given any option or information on offset when ordered it.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Mine 2017 but still pre boost. On that thought do you think using a boost crankset would solve it?
    Otherwise is there a way to tell from the chainring it's offset? I was not given any option or information on offset when ordered it.
    Cheers
    https://www.oneupcomponents.com/page...-and-non-boost

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Cheers, good info! Have ordered a chromag direct mount 30t so hopefully being both less teeth and also DM should have it sorted! The kind fellas at Canfield are also gonna fire across a 32t DM they know works too to try but will be a while before gets across the pond.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

New EPO Build

Here's my EPO, Thanks to Sean at CB. My luggage scale shows 25.9 lbs as built, including the protection tape.

Build:

Frame: CB 2017 EPO Medium
    Fort: DVO Diamond 140mm
    Handlbar: RaceFace SixC 775mm
    Stem: Syncro 50mm
    Brakes: Shimano XT
    Shifter: Shimano XT
    RD: Shimno XT 11spd
    Rear Cassette: Shimano XT 11-46
    Cracksets: CB 170mm with CB chaining 32T
    Hedset: Canecreek
    Grip: Ergon GE1 Slim
    Pedal: CB Crampon Mountain
    Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend (Cheap but functional)
    Saddle: Ergon SME3 Comp
    Wheelset: Stan Arch EX
    Tires: F - Specialized Buther 2.3 / R - Schwalbe NobbyNic 2.2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-0110181837reduced.jpg  

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-0112182334reduced.jpg  

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-0112182334areduced.jpg  

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-0112182334breduced.jpg  

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-0113181141areduced.jpg  

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-0113181141reduced.jpg  

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-0107181327.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbpark View Post
    Here's my EPO, Thanks to Sean at CB. My luggage scale shows 25.9 lbs as built, including the protection tape.
    Looks like you're close to me...I'm in Duvall.

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-img_8147.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I guess someday we will see at Cherry Valley.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I was there on Saturday.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223