Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Results 2,101 to 2,165 of 2165
    mtbr member
    My guess is just boost. Donít know why theyíd change anything else. Regardless, had to pick one up for $799. I have a non-boost wheel set that needs a home anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yep, couldn't resist that price. Will probably hang out in the box for a few months as I collect the parts and sell my Top Fuel. Non-boost is perfectly fine with me - I can pick up a wheelset on the cheap in 142x12.

mtbr member
    Selling my un needed carbon wheelsets, perfect for the EPO!
    scottay's Ads - MTBR Classifieds

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm 6'1" All arms and legs. Short waist. 36 inch cycling inseam. Leaning xl for frame size. Have an xl specialized fuse and a large krampus. Both fit well. Any advice on frame size?

mtbr member
    My new EPO showed up yesterday. Iím tempted just hang it up on the wall in my living room. Thing of beauty...

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jujuyak View Post
    I'm 6'1" All arms and legs. Short waist. 36 inch cycling inseam. Leaning xl for frame size. Have an xl specialized fuse and a large krampus. Both fit well. Any advice on frame size?
    Matter of taste, I would say. I am about the same, 6'1" and long reach, and I love my XL. Playful and nimble bike, and the 150mm dropper post fits well. 140mm fork, stem slammed on headset. Some pictures a couple of pages back in this thread.
    B

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thank you!

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    I want one of these but I've gotta sell my wife's gravel bike first. She never rides it and it's just much needed money on the table.

Maybe next year the 2018 models will go on clearance with whatever updates they make!
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I have a 2016 Large EPO frame for sale. $600 plus shipping. If you guys know anyone looking for a Large frame, shoot me a PM. I'll put pictures up here, Pinkbike and a few other spots later this week.

mtbr member
    Alright.. question .. I'm looking hard at the EPO and Toir.. hummm.... I'm 6'2" at 248-249lbs and been riding for a long time.. all mountain rider..distance...etc.. have some fatties...knollys etc. Will the EPO hold under my phat ass? Same question for the TOir.. any heavy riders beating down on that thing? THanks!!!
    k n o ll y r o c k s

Not the Cat in the Hat!
    Nov 2010
    EPO Will do just fine. I am 6" and the heaviest I've been with gear was about 225 but I put this bike through some hard rides with everything that I also put my FS on. Jumps (2 - 4 feet), roots, drops, jagged rock gardens, fast flowy descents... You make it, she has been through it and she does exceptionally good. Is an amazing hardtail!

mtbr member
    Thanks man! That's great!! Really trying to decide between the two frames.. two of my buddies have an EPO and love it... of course they weight 100lbs less.. hehe. Here's one question also.. you think the new 2.6 tires coming out will fit the rear....let's say on a Stans MK3 29 rim.. 33 outter 29 inner I believe they are??
    k n o ll y r o c k s

I'm thinking no, as people mentioned in this thread previously trying 29x2.5WT Maxxis tires that were too close for comfort (or rubbed).
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Sean from Canfield told me that the 29 x 2.6 tires on wide rims (up to 35mm internal width) work on the epo. I'll probably find out soon, as I will be retargeting my Ibis 941 rims to my epo soon. 27.5 x 2.8 work ok, but are kind of close to the chainstays using Maxxis Rekon+ tires on Ibis 742 rims.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    Sean from Canfield told me that the 29 x 2.6 tires on wide rims (up to 35mm internal width) work on the epo. I'll probably find out soon, as I will be retargeting my Ibis 941 rims to my epo soon. 27.5 x 2.8 work ok, but are kind of close to the chainstays using Maxxis Rekon+ tires on Ibis 742 rims.
    I don't see how this is true unless I got some odd defective frame. With a lightbike 30mm internal, 35mm external I can not put a 2.4 onza ibex on there without rubbing. I have a Maxxis High Roller 2.30 back there as absolute limit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    Alright.. question .. I'm looking hard at the EPO and Toir.. hummm.... I'm 6'2" at 248-249lbs and been riding for a long time.. all mountain rider..distance...etc.. have some fatties...knollys etc. Will the EPO hold under my phat ass? Same question for the TOir.. any heavy riders beating down on that thing? THanks!!!
    Im 260 and ride my epo everywhere , its a really stiff bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    I don't see how this is true unless I got some odd defective frame. With a lightbike 30mm internal, 35mm external I can not put a 2.4 onza ibex on there without rubbing. I have a Maxxis High Roller 2.30 back there as absolute limit.
    I'll test fit my 2.6 on it this morning to see if there is a chance in hell it works. The 2.6 is on a boost hub though, so there's no chance of me riding it in that configuration until I get some new tires for the non-boost 941 I have. I'm fairly certain though that a Schwable Nobby Nic or Hans Dampf at 2.35" will work ok, which are both more like a 2.5" tire in actual size.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    I'll test fit my 2.6 on it this morning to see if there is a chance in hell it works. The 2.6 is on a boost hub though, so there's no chance of me riding it in that configuration until I get some new tires for the non-boost 941 I have. I'm fairly certain though that a Schwable Nobby Nic or Hans Dampf at 2.35" will work ok, which are both more like a 2.5" tire in actual size.
    Yeah, I don't think a 2.6 will work, but I didn't have time to give it a good try since the brake rotor is too big as well and I didn't want to futz with the rotor or the caliper at this point. I'll be trying a set of 2.6" anyway to see for sure, but I'd be glad with a NN 2.35 on the rear anyway with a 2.6" up front.

mtbr member
    Tires/rims tried on the EPO. 29x2.5 DHF on 35id rim no fit, 29x2.4 Ardent on 35i rim rubbed, 29x2.3 HR2 on 35i rim fit well. I also tried 35i 27.5 rims with 2.5 DHF up front and 2.4 Ardent on the rear. The 27.5 is an absolute blast on the EPO. If I still had the EPO it would be set up with the 27.5 35i rims and 2.6 Maxxis rubber front and rear.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    I put a 29x2.6 Schwalbe NN in the back of the Epo on a WTB Asymi35 rim

It fits, but I wouldn't run it, maybe in the desert but not where I live.

Thinking the Rekon 29x2.6 might do the trick w/ the smaller knobs.

Any pictures of the 2.6 on i35 in the back?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    My EPO frame arrives this week. Can't wait to build it up and shred some trails!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Any pictures of the 2.6 on i35 in the back?
    No pics, the outer knobs were were about 2-3mm from the chainstay/seatstay

mtbr member
    Happiness

10.9kg, 130mm fork. NN 2.35 rear.
    what else need

Envoyť de mon E6633 en utilisant Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Hoping the 2018 EPO will have a boost option and take a 160mm fork.
    That way I can move my Fox36 RC2 over and use my 27.5 x 2.6 wheelset.
    Would be a great addition to my FS.
    Would be great if they drop the seat tube length on the medium to 390mm for a longer dropper.
    Room for two 28oz bottles and I'm good to go.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    Would be great if they drop the seat tube length on the medium to 390mm for a longer dropper.
    Wow, that sounds interesting - a HT with a 160mm fork! And 2.6 tires!
    I mean, that rig is already pretty long and slack for a HT...but it is still a HT, so there is still some kind of uphill promise coming with it, right?
    What about this idea: currently they blow out 2017 frames at half price. Same is valid for any non-boost carbon wheels. Then put your 36 on cl and buy a 2018 34 w/ 140mm. Cheap bike ;-)
    Will be fun anyway...
    B

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Where's another bottle going if the seat tube is even shorter?

mtbr member
    Just ordered an EPO today. So excited to get back on a hardtail. Pics to follow

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Whas the widest 29" tire I can fit on the frame? Sold my Honzo, built up a Satori and I miss my Honzo. I want to be back on a hardtail and the closeout frames are hard to pass up.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Whas the widest 29" tire I can fit on the frame? Sold my Honzo, built up a Satori and I miss my Honzo. I want to be back on a hardtail and the closeout frames are hard to pass up.
    2.4 being realistic. 2.5 DHF does fit. But will rub with wheel flex in corners.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I ride 2.3s front and rear. Was hitting snow for the first time last weekend (Lake Tahoe), and since that stacks up pretty fast, I would always allow enought clearance, especially for the rear wheel. Carbon doesnīt like rubbing at all...
    B

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I bought an epo frame second hand recently. I built it up and have got a few good rides in. The bike shreds, hard. Up and down. Very intuitive ride. Iím super happy with it.

Iíve been trying frames for several years now. I had an atlas, Mason, covert 29 and a smuggler. I want happy with any of them. The epo is the perfect mesh of light weight and burly. Iím gonna ride it till it breaks!

Fox 34, arc 30 wheels xt 1x11. 25ish lbs of bliss. Iíd post a picture but I donít know how!

Iím 6í1Ē and am riding a large. Itís fits great.

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mcb99 View Post
    Happiness

10.9kg, 130mm fork. NN 2.35 rear.
    what else need

Envoyť de mon E6633 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Beautiful bike. Great scenery.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I am dying to pick one up. Never ridden a hardtail and the Knolly Warden just makes easy work of anything other than full on DH. Anybody running oval rings & how many teeth before you hit the frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ttchad View Post
    I am dying to pick one up. Never ridden a hardtail and the Knolly Warden just makes easy work of anything other than full on DH. Anybody running oval rings & how many teeth before you hit the frame?
    I'm running a 30 tooth Absolute Black Oval on a 1x11 Shimano XT drivetrain - 11-46 cassette with no issues. Live in OC - SoCal and plenty of steep climbs and long grinders here that granny is perfect for.

I love having the hardtail and use it more than my full suspension Yeti now. I only bring out the full suspension if there is going to be long extended chunky sections. Otherwise I can ride all the same stuff... Faster going up and almost as quick as long as not super chunky.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by caldog View Post
    I'm running a 30 tooth Absolute Black Oval on a 1x11 Shimano XT drivetrain - 11-46 cassette with no issues. Live in OC - SoCal and plenty of steep climbs and long grinders here that granny is perfect for.

On my Warden I am rocking the 11-42 & 34 up front pushing heavy Maxxis DD's F&R. I was thinking about buying the GX Eagle but would 10-50 be too wide for the EPO? Would I need a 36T up front & would it fit?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    On my Warden I am rocking the 11-42 & 34 up front pushing heavy Maxxis DD's F&R. I was thinking about buying the GX Eagle but would 10-50 be too wide for the EPO? Would I need a 36T up front & would it fit?
    You are a much stronger climber than me! I run beefy tires on my EPO and love it (Maxxis 2.5WT DHF and 2.3 Aggressor). I would call Canfield and ask if the 36T would fit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by caldog View Post
    You are a much stronger climber than me! I run beefy tires on my EPO and love it (Maxxis 2.5WT DHF and 2.3 Aggressor). I would call Canfield and ask if the 36T would fit.

All of my buddies are buying e-bikes now & I am having difficulties keeping up. Think I need some new friends.
    Last question: Looking at 170 -200mm droppers. Is the seatube straight?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    All of my buddies are buying e-bikes now & I am having difficulties keeping up. Think I need some new friends.
    Last question: Looking at 170 -200mm droppers. Is the seatube straight?
    Seat tube is straight and Canfield said I could fit a 150mm dropper. However, on my Medium I couldn't fit a 150 fox transfer dropper because it hit something on the inside that you couldn't see... I believe it was a small defect hence wasn't completely smooth inside. For me to run a 150 dropper it's slammed all the way down into the frame. Ended up just putting a 125 dropper which works fine. I'm 5'9" with 30 inseam.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I've got a 32T Absolute Black oval on XT cranks, and it's close. I don't see how a 36T would fit without screwing up the chainline.

Is there any difference between the close-out EPO frames from 2016 and 2017? I assume they are the same frame just with different graphics?

I was ready to throw down the $800 on the EPO but found an aluminum frame designed by a local guy that'll fit 275x3.25 tires, and this other frame cost half the price of the EPO so being on a budget I wen that route.

I hope that the 2018 EPO has considerably larger tire clearance and lower seat tube relative to reach, then I'll get one in 2019, haha!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Is there any difference between the close-out EPO frames from 2016 and 2017? I assume they are the same frame just with different graphics?

I was ready to throw down the $800 on the EPO but found an aluminum frame designed by a local guy that'll fit 275x3.25 tires, and this other frame cost half the price of the EPO so being on a budget I wen that route.

I hope that the 2018 EPO has considerably larger tire clearance and lower seat tube relative to reach, then I'll get one in 2019, haha!
    2017 can use a stealth dropper. Basically dropper cable is run external down the downtube and then there is a cutout on the seat tube to run it internally up to the dropper.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Here's my EPO, with a bit of post-ride dirt after our first ride. Really wants to get air - almost too easily. A few ounces over 25lbs as built, including the protection tape.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    SWEEEET!

...but where is the dirt?
    Got mine really dirty today, 3hrs and 1100m elevation gain in pouring rain. But the bay area sandy trails offered a grip level to die for.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Are most folks running their EPO's with 29 or 27.5 tires? Is it pretty evenly mixed or preference more towards one wheel size? I've always associated a HT for speed and automatically 29 pops into mind.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Are most folks running their EPO's with 29 or 27.5 tires? Is it pretty evenly mixed or preference more towards one wheel size? I've always associated a HT for speed and automatically 29 pops into mind.
    I'm running mine 27.5 with Maxxis Minion 2.8s, and it's a ton of fun. Super grippy on the climb and super nimble on the way back down.

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-img_8308.jpgCanfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-img_8155-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I've just go mine on the trail in the last week, and have ridden both sizes so far. Overall, I prefer 27.5, but still need to get more rides on the EPO in order to see what the best match is. Either way, it's a really fun bike!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesb View Post
    I'm running mine 27.5 with Maxxis Minion 2.8s, and it's a ton of fun. Super grippy on the climb and super nimble on the way back down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8308.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	1166022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8155 (1).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	266.6 KB 
ID:	1166023
    Pics like these are killing my budget! I thought I could live with just one wheelset (my 29ers), but those chunky 27.5s look so damned good on that thing....need one ;-)

B

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BerndK View Post
    Pics like these are killing my budget! I thought I could live with just one wheelset (my 29ers), but those chunky 27.5s look so damned good on that thing....need one ;-)

B

Thanks, homie. I think so, too...

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I have 2 wheelsets for mine, hard to say which one is better! I guess the comparison is fast rolling vs smooth and floaty... def worthwhile to have both for this bike if you can afford it, the feel is different enough that itís like having 2 bikes in 1.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Three wheelsets here: 27.5+, 29er gravel grinder mode (Roval carbons), and big 29er, 35mm internal width. Currently using it with big 29ers right now with a Magic Mary/Hans Dampf combo. The 27.5+ is shod with 2.8 Maxxis Rekon+ tires and are loads of fun. I may have to put them back on soon to compare with the big 29ers I have been running the last couple of rides with it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Couple questions for you EPO owners....Thinking of picking up a hardtail frame to ride for a bit just for fun, I like the EPO(size L)...Would like to swap over everything from my current rig and then back when I want FS again....So wondering if my 27.5 wheels with 2.5 size tires,160 fork, and 170 cranks would work and help with BB/crank ground clearance issues. Any thoughts?

Suppose I could try to fit 2.8's on the ENVE HV rims but not a huge fan of wide tires or a round bulging tire profile.

-thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dmar123 View Post
    Couple questions for you EPO owners....Thinking of picking up a hardtail frame to ride for a bit just for fun, I like the EPO(size L)...Would like to swap over everything from my current rig and then back when I want FS again....So wondering if my 27.5 wheels with 2.5 size tires,160 fork, and 170 cranks would work and help with BB/crank ground clearance issues. Any thoughts?

Suppose I could try to fit 2.8's on the ENVE HV rims but not a huge fan of wide tires or a round bulging tire profile.

-thanks
    I believe 160 fork would void the warranty, and change geo pretty significantly. I run 27.5 with 2.8s and a 140 fork and 170mm cranks. I don't have an issue with rock strikes, even with flats.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesb View Post
    I believe 160 fork would void the warranty, and change geo pretty significantly. I run 27.5 with 2.8s and a 140 fork and 170mm cranks. I don't have an issue with rock strikes, even with flats.
    figured 160mm would be pushing it...prob have to swap out the airspring then. thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I am no expert, but I think 140mm is already wayyyy enough for a HT. I have never used the full 140mm, I think. Think about it what will follow on the un-suspended rear half when you have bottomed out a Fox36 on the front - trouble, I guess ;-)

mtbr member
    Iím 140 mrp stage 29 tires and 170 cranks no issues with pedal strikes. I use all my 140 every ride. The epo is best when ridden like i ride my riot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Iím 140 mrp stage 29 tires and 170 cranks no issues with pedal strikes. I use all my 140 every ride. The epo is best when ridden like i ride my riot.

This guy knows whats up!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Latest version of the east coast trail slayer. Recently got a new pike, eagle bits and re-built my rear wheel with a White Ind hub.

Canfield Brothers EPO Carbon 29er-img_20171109_141446.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Looking sweet, Do you ride with your seat slightly lowered or at full height in the absence of a dropper?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Same. 140 soaks it up. The EPO loves to be treated roughly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    To add to my last post...I ride my EPO on this trail on the reg.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TuTone T View Post
    Looking sweet, Do you ride with your seat slightly lowered or at full height in the absence of a dropper?
    Frame is too small for me. The height shown is where I leave it, which is slightly lower than it "should" be. Had a fox dropper for a while but I didn't use it much and I couldn't deal with my seat being further forward. The post pictured has a 25mm offset and I still have the saddle all the way back. Need to get a dropper with an offset head.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Just ordered an XL EPO. Couldn't pass up the current sale... looking forward to building it up soon!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stec06 View Post
    Just ordered an XL EPO. Couldn't pass up the current sale... looking forward to building it up soon!
    You will love it. I just did the same thing.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122