Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 497
  1. #1
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: KillingtonVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,041

    Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look

    Canfield Brothers Balance - Our version of what a 27.5, 160mm All Mountain bike SHOULD be. Tough enough for park riding, yet unparallelled pedaling performance. Go any where, do ANYTHING!

    We will have more details with a full release in the upcoming months and ETA is expected to be early summer 2014.

    Enjoy!

    Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look-canfield-brothers-balance.jpg

    Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look-canfield-brothers-balance-1.jpg

    Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look-canfield-brothers-balance-2.jpg

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,286
    Wow, I can't wait to see this in person.. and specs

    Awesome pics

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    67
    Looking good!
    Got any drive side or linkage close ups?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    484
    What a nice surprise!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BTTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    224
    Oh man!!!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tartosuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    634
    Am i the only one abit disapointed with that bike so far?
    It my first impresssion but...

    to me Canfield has always been coming out with revolutinnary design out of the norm poducts...this one looks like a bunch of other bikes in the market.

    I also wonder why doing another do it all bike like the One....these two bikes have similar purpose so they cover pretty much the same part of the spectrum ... if the balance replace the one in thelong run it makes sens.

    Dont get me wrong it looks like a nice bike, probably rides great also... I'm a big fan of the bros as i have 3 of their bikes(One, jedi, yelli) i just dont see the use of that one in their lineup exept for the 650b wheels.

    I would have liked a similar strong bike with less travel...

    Will see with the geo number.... Might still be my One replacement
    Last edited by tartosuc; 11-29-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    679
    Straight up HOT. Cant wit for more info & pics.

    It looks like there is an extra hole on that there linkage, geo adjust maybe?
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jtnord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    521
    650b/6" bike is exactly what Ive been thinking for my next bike (to complement The One). Thank you Canfield for making the decision process so easy! Can't wait to see the specs!
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    So the web site has the Balance listed as "Summer 2014", but the One is no more?
    Say it isn't so!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rsullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    523
    Absolutely Perfect!!!!
    The only thing I want to know is..... Who got to ride it first?
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...ps00f08dc1.jpg

  11. #11
    ban
    ban is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,279
    any info of the geo?

  12. #12
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713
    Home run right out of the box!

    Are you guys taking pre orders yet? I will take one in small

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by tartosuc View Post
    Am i the only one abit disapointed with that bike so far?
    It my first impresssion but...

    to me Canfield has always been coming out with revolutinnary design out of the norm poducts...this one looks like a bunch of other bikes in the market.

    I also wonder why doing another do it all bike like the One....these two bikes have similar purpose so they cover pretty much the same part of the spectrum ... if the balance replace the one in thelong run it makes sens.

    Dont get me wrong it looks like a nice bike, probably rides great also... I'm a big fan of the bros as i have 3 of their bikes(One, jedi, yelli) i just dont see the use of that one in their lineup exept for the 650b wheels.

    I would have liked a similar strong bike with less travel...

    Will see with the geo number.... Might still be my One replacement
    I'm pretty sure once we find out some real specs about this bike that it will completely come through for you.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,088
    Pics look good but eager to know geo numbers as well as weight. What cranks are those? Almost look like they are Canfield branded. Also, still planning on making it 26 or 650b capable? Not seeing replaceable dropouts on this proto so curious if that is just because it is a proto or because you are shelving the idea of cross compatibility.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,135
    Now that looks nice.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by tartosuc View Post
    Am i the only one abit disapointed with that bike so far?
    I'm the second one.

    Just the first impression. I'll wait to see some numbers.


    Question now is:
    Is this really going to replace the One?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    I'm the second one.

    Just the first impression. I'll wait to see some numbers.


    Question now is:
    Is this really going to replace the One?
    Not sure what there is to be disappointed with, it looks really tough, and IMO, they nailed it with the looks.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    What cranks are those? Almost look like they are Canfield branded.
    Crazy talk.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Not sure what there is to be disappointed with, it looks really tough, and IMO, they nailed it with the looks.
    Yeah, someone clue me in? It looks hot. It's a bike. It will be fast.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tartosuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    Yeah, someone clue me in? It looks hot. It's a bike. It will be fast.
    it has more to do with the purpose of the bike in their lineup....to me its a 27.5 One!

    but looking at their 2014 linup on the website, the one does not show so the balance looks to be the replacement..wich make more sens.
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plume's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,534
    My biggest concern (as with any new bike now) is price point. If it's inline with The Jedi pricing why wouldn't I get a flashy carbon bike with a DW link? I'm asking because I don't know enough about either design actually beyond numbers on paper. I've ridden a few DW bikes and they're great, why is this suspension design better and different? Real questions. That said, the bike looks wonderful and based on those pics it would look really nice hanging next to the Yelli... plume needs a f/s bike in 2014...
    My one says BRAP!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by tartosuc View Post
    it has more to do with the purpose of the bike in their lineup....to me its a 27.5 One!
    Hope it doesn't weigh as much as The One!
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    679
    Zooming in on this pic's answers some questions, including one I had earlier. No geo/travel adjust from the link. Something looks interesting in the axel area though...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look-1000x400balance1.jpg  

    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by plume View Post
    My biggest concern (as with any new bike now) is price point. If it's inline with The Jedi pricing why wouldn't I get a flashy carbon bike with a DW link? I'm asking because I don't know enough about either design actually beyond numbers on paper. I've ridden a few DW bikes and they're great, why is this suspension design better and different? Real questions. That said, the bike looks wonderful and based on those pics it would look really nice hanging next to the Yelli... plume needs a f/s bike in 2014...
    The suspension design is kick ass! This thing will pedal great going up and be as push as all get out going down. I'm hooked on the suspension. I had the original One and a Sauce and they were outstanding. I cried for days when my One broke, then the search was on for something to replace it. I went through a Banshee Rune (v1), Intense Tracer (v1), Titus El Guapo, and a Nomad. They were all pretty good (the EG was the best of the bunch) but when I found a Canfield Diggle I had to try it out. I built it up and the magic was back!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    679
    Plus, if you have to pick up the phone with a query you'll highly likely to have that query answered by the brothers themselves, as apposed to have some 18 year old at the LBS that they'll get back to you in two weeks, and when they do they'll have an answer that has nothing to with your original question.
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9
    By KillingtonVT in forum Canfield
    Replies: 459
    Last Post: 8 Hours Ago, 12:18 AM
  2. Dear Canfield Brothers.....
    By hitechredneck in forum Canfield
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 06:51 AM
  3. New Canfield Brothers Softgoods
    By KillingtonVT in forum Canfield
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 08:32 PM
  4. Canfield Balance For Sale
    By Kyle509 in forum Canfield
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
  5. Canfield Brothers Canada
    By atlanticrider in forum Canfield
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 08:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •