Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I'm also excited to see when they might be here. Sean? Vin?

That being said, you have to give the companies a break as it's very difficult to predict when production will happen. They are very cool for telling us a date, IMO when that could very well change for a variety of reasons.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    For those that are 5'11/6 ft or close, are you going with a medium or large frame? The reach on the medium Balance frame looks similar to the Mach 5.7 I am riding now, which I am happy with.

Go for the throat
    I'd probably go with a large if I were you. I'm a little over 6' and was considering and XL but decided to go with a large.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    ^I'm the same as JD. What swung it for me though was being able to have a 125mm dropper on a large and not being able to on a XL so it depends where you're height is. For reference I'm 6'1 with only a 32' instream.

gticlay - nobodys dissing the CanfieldBro's - we all just want to know if the factory pulled through or not

mtbr member
    Hey everybody.
    I have to say, it's been a rough couple of months.
    I'm in Japan flying home finally. What once was a two week trip to the factory turned into 2.5 months. Hang up's in other customers productions in front of us and a couple of weeks to get the anodizing just right, brings us to here.
    We have been stressing in the office a lot over this and how it delays our customers riding. Which we hold in the highest regard.
    But, frames are assembling now. I spent the last few days at the factory overseeing the first few frames go together. Even pressing bearings to make sure the bearing press fit was tight. Frames should be on a boat on friday. Which means roughly 3 weeks on the water.
    International orders should be seeing frames in the mail next week or the following.

As big as a delay this was and as late in the season we are now, I'm stoked to have so much support from our fans. I expected much more cancellations, but so for only a couple. (no worries,
    I guess what I'm try to say is thanks for the support.
    I think I speak for all of us a CB. This isn't just a job or a bike. It's personal. Our bikes are Family. They have our name on them.
    We always want to have productions done in the early winter months, but sometimes they are born when they are. So thanks for believing in us, for riding downhill as hard as you can, and riding our bikes that make it the most fun.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update Chris... as they say.. good things come to those that wait! gives me more time to pick up the last few parts..
    Trying to painfully relive some of youthful adventures!!

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared View Post
    Hey everybody.
    I have to say, it's been a rough couple of months.
    I'm in Japan flying home finally. What once was a two week trip to the factory turned into 2.5 months. Hang up's in other customers productions in front of us and a couple of weeks to get the anodizing just right, brings us to here.
    We have been stressing in the office a lot over this and how it delays our customers riding. Which we hold in the highest regard.
    But, frames are assembling now. I spent the last few days at the factory overseeing the first few frames go together. Even pressing bearings to make sure the bearing press fit was tight. Frames should be on a boat on friday. Which means roughly 3 weeks on the water.
    International orders should be seeing frames in the mail next week or the following.

As big as a delay this was and as late in the season we are now, I'm stoked to have so much support from our fans. I expected much more cancellations, but so for only a couple. (no worries,
    I guess what I'm try to say is thanks for the support.
    I think I speak for all of us a CB. This isn't just a job or a bike. It's personal. Our bikes are Family. They have our name on them.
    We always want to have productions done in the early winter months, but sometimes they are born when they are. So thanks for believing in us, for riding downhill as hard as you can, and riding our bikes that make it the most fun.
    Chris sent me this pic last week and I have been waiting for the right time to share:
    Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look-chris-pressing-bearings.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    woo orange link looking goooood. cant wait for my

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    Chris sent me this pic last week and I have been waiting for the right time to share:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chris pressing bearings.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	913477
    Nice! Taiwan must go through a lot of green paint. EVERY machine is green. I want the green links on a brushed frame.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update Chris. Sean knows I've been itching to get mine for quite a while now, so it's great to hear that they will finally be on the water this week. I can guarantee my first ride on the new bike will be within 24 hours of receiving the frame. Can't wait!!

M-P
    2014 Canfield Jedi - 2015 Canfield Balance - 2012 Canfield DJ

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    So happy to hear they're on the boat this week!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Awesome news! R.e. international orders, is that a week after the boat has arrived or a week from now they'll be sent direct from the factory via post?

And to check something - your rear post I guess thats for 160mm?

Very, very stoked!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Been traveling for work - delay is PERFECT! Would have just had to stare at it! Can't wait to buy purple bits for the black beauty!

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by thegnarlycenturion View Post
    Awesome news! R.e. international orders, is that a week after the boat has arrived or a week from now they'll be sent direct from the factory via post?

And to check something - your rear post I guess thats for 160mm?

Very, very stoked!
    International distributor orders have either left the factory or will be leaving the beginning of the week. International orders placed through our US office will ship once our boat shipment arrives.

All of our post mounts are 160mm.

mtbr member
    Sweet!
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    2 more weeks to go~

Canfield Brothers
    I spent the day yesterday shooting my 26" park version of our Balance.

Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look-balance-shoot.jpg

We have quite a few customers stoked to be able to move all the parts over from their current The One build and upgrade to our new, more nimble and stiffer chassis. Setting up the Balance this way allows for aggressive, park style geo to give you extra confidence when things get rowdy. (65.5 HA and a 13.25 BB)

I've been riding mine up at Whistler over past few weeks, having fun trying to ride all my lines that I rip on my Jedi. It's pretty mind blowing how well the Balance does on my favorite O-Sin, Goat's, Captain Safety, In Deep to D1 lap! While I'm not stomping any of the extra credit lines I normally hit, the Balance has given me more confidence than I expected out of a 160mm travel bike.

The flip side of the Balance for me has been having a bike that I enjoy pedaling again. I have recently taken a few rad trips to "The Shore" for all day pedal and rip fiestas. (Which is slightly out of character for me as I am primarily a DH style lift/shuttle rider).

Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look-fromme.jpg

I'm really excited that our fans and riders get to experience similar things on our new bike in just a few weeks!
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 08-19-2014 at 01:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey Lance, I think you have had time on both a medium and large frame. Im just wondering which you prefer, I have the same measurements as you. I know early on you were riding the medium and liked it but wondering if you like the large any better? Large better on longer rides maybe?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Vin, now that you have time pedaling with a 170 fork do you think the 160 would hold you back at all? Do you still think the 160 fork is best for 27.5 wheels? I will be running 27.5 but havent had a fork under 180mm in years, just worried that 160 wont be enough. Im not a hucker and ride mostly AM (very rough AM) but still AM, hopefully it will be fine.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    Vin, now that you have time pedaling with a 170 fork do you think the 160 would hold you back at all? Do you still think the 160 fork is best for 27.5 wheels? I will be running 27.5 but havent had a fork under 180mm in years, just worried that 160 wont be enough. Im not a hucker and ride mostly AM (very rough AM) but still AM, hopefully it will be fine.
    It's not so much the travel, it's getting the geo in correct range. The issue with the few 170mm 27.5 forks we have seen on the market is you are going to raise the BB at the cost of the additional travel. In the case of running 26's, the 170mm Lyrik aids geo by bringing the BB up to 13.25". Running a 26" 160mm would put the BB lower than desired.

As far as "out riding" a 160mm fork, we will be releasing our Balance promo edit in a couple of weeks. I can tell you first hand from watching this getting filmed in person... The Pike 160mm is MORE than capable.

Hope that helps!

PUJ
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    The website says black links are only available with the red frame. Why? I like the brushed frame with black links!!

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by PUJ View Post
    The website says black links are only available with the red frame. Why? I like the brushed frame with black links!!
    Good catch! We are going to have a limited amount of LE Red frames available. They'll have Black graphics and Black links. I'll post pics as soon as we have them in the office.

We are currently sold out of Black links for the Ano Black and Brushed frames. However, all other link options are available. We may have a few more coming in on our second shipment in October.

Cheers!

mtbr member

Canfield Brothers Balance - First Look

Tell us more about this limited edition red frame?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Pictures of the LE Red frame ASAP please!

Is it a PC or an ano red? ano would be really nice.

Does your webshop show the actual availabiliti? (i.e. if an option is shown than it's available to order and viceversa?)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    We have quite a few customers stoked to be able to move all the parts over from their current The One build and upgrade to our new, more nimble and stiffer chassis.
    I wasn't assuming the Balance to be a stiffer chassis than the One, care to add something on this regard?
    Thanks

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast