Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-2-2.jpg

Ever since the Bros. swung a leg over a big-wheeled bike, they knew there was a better way to go about it. Twenty-nine-inch wheels had advantages, but something was missing. Fast? Yes. Fun? Absolutely not. The Yelli Screamy changed all that in 2011 when it hit the trails with Canfield Brothers’ signature aggressive all-mountain geometry. The first production 29er with sub-17-inch chainstays and a relaxed 67-degree head-tube angle, the original Yelli begged to be ridden hard and changed the industry’s idea of what wagon wheels were capable of, inspiring countless imitations. The new generation Yelli Screamy adds stealth dropper routing, a 142×12 through-axle, ISCG compatibility and clearance for any drivetrain option, including 1x setups and the new Canfield C2 Narrow-Wide chainring.

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-2-3.jpg

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-3.jpg

Features:
    ● 6061 aluminum
    ● 67 degree head angle (140mm fork)
    ● 16.7 chainstays
    ● 142x12 dropouts
    ● Improved clearances for easy set up of all chainring options
    ● Removable front derailleur mount
    ● ISCG tabs
    ● 27.5+ compatible
    ● Low toptube for maximum stand over height
    ● Available in Ano Black, Ano Blue, Ano Red, Ano PNW Green, Ano Orange and in limited quantities, LE Fire and Sparkle Blue
    ● $650 USD Retail

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-yelli-screamy-2015-ano-blue.jpg

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-yelli-screamy-2015-ano-red.jpg

Frames are currently in transit and will start shipping the 2nd week of July. For more information, please see our website.

Chris Bling
    Very very nice!

With making the chainstay more 1x friendly, did you lose any tire clearance? I am asking specifically for the B+ tires
    Last edited by dustyduke22; 06-17-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

Rocks belong
    No change to geo?
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22 View Post
    Very very nice!

With making the chainstay more 1x friendly, did loose any tire clearance? I am asking specifically for the B+ tires
    The new CS yoke added clearances on both sides, for tires and chainrings. All of our new 29ers are 27.5+ compatible with clearances based on the WTB Trailblazer 2.8 and 45mm Scraper rims.

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    The new CS yoke added clearances on both sides, for tires and chainrings. All of our new 29ers are 27.5+ compatible clearances based on the WTB Trailblazer 2.8 and 45mm Scraper rims.
    Awesome. I know I have enjoyed the heck out of my B+ Yelli and know others will too. Thanks for the update
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Pics of the other color options?
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Pics of the other color options?
    At this time we only have samples of these two colors. Once the shipment arrives, I will shoot all the colors and post them to our webstore.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    The b+ sizing is pretty cool, but I wonder what "improved clearances" means. Specifically, what's the approximate 29er tire clearance on the frame.

I've been prowling around for a reasonably weighted 29er hardtail with sub-seventeen inch chainstays and a longish top tube for a few months. I want to be able to mount a 140 pike and fat (not +) tires onto a bike. What I'm really going for is a set of 2.4 ardents mounted to one of the new crop of 30mm internal width rims. I wonder if the "improved clearances" will allow Canfield to help me out with that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I have a 2013 and was able to run a 3x drivetrain with a Continental Trail King 29x2.4 on a Velocity P35 with plenty on frame clearance. Only place it was close was at the FD.

mtbr member
    How much does the new frame weigh?

Rocks belong
    Is the geo on the website correct for the new frame? ie: same as old frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Is the geo on the website correct for the new frame? ie: same as old frame?
    Hokie - Sorry I missed your post yesterday. As we loved the geo of the gen 1 Yelli, we kept the gen 2 the same. This also allows all of our 29er hardtails to a slightly different personality.

Rocks belong
    Thanks. So the STA must get pretty slack with a 140mm fork, right? Down around 71*?

WNC Native
    Cool, nice upgrades to an already sweet frame!
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Pre-ordered Lrg ano blue... sold my previous lrg ano orange last year and was missed.

I welcome the changes but was hoping for a shorter CS similar to that of the EPO but I can't complain. My YS I had last year was my work horse and so much fun.

Does the stealth dropper routing exit/enter through the front of the seat tube near the BB? Can see it from the images released.

mtbr member

More images for you

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-2-2-8.jpg

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-2-2-7.jpg

Clearances for all chainring set ups. Lance nailed it with the new design!
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-2-2-3.jpg

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-2-2-4.jpg

New 142x12 dropouts and dropper routing
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-2-2-5.jpg

Tire clearance with the new CS yoke
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-2-2-6.jpg

WNC Native
    Looks good, what width rim?
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    Looks good, what width rim?
    Show with our wheels, which utilize stout 28mm rims.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Thanks. So the STA must get pretty slack with a 140mm fork, right? Down around 71*?
    Yes, but because this frame has a seat tube that doesn't intersect the BB the theoretical STA will change depending on your saddle height. My Knolly while having quite different geometry, shares that type of seat tube. Mine measured at slightly steeper than the published angle because my saddle height is lower than the one the used. Yes it will be slack, but how slack depends on you legs.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

Rocks belong
    Cool. Just thought it was interesting they list several HTA's (due to different forks) but keep STA constant.

BTW: this Yelli looks awesome. Anybody wanna buy a Diamondback Mason frame? (And give me an excuse to buy a yelli?)

mtbr member
    Cool. Just thought it was interesting they list several HTA's (due to different forks) but keep STA constant.

BTW: this Yelli looks awesome. Anybody wanna buy a Diamondback Mason frame? (And give me an excuse to buy a yelli?)
    Hokie - Sorry for the confusion, at the bottom of the geo charts we state "*Geo based on 500.8mm axle to crown fork (Fox F29 100mm) unless otherwise noted". Hope that helps.

Rocks belong
    Hokie - Sorry for the confusion, at the bottom of the geo charts we state "*Geo based on 500.8mm axle to crown fork (Fox F29 100mm) unless otherwise noted". Hope that helps.
    Would a 100mm F29 neuter the Yelli?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have a good riding buddy who is very XC oriented. He's a solid rider but a relatively cautious descender, doesn't go big etc. Anyway, he originally had his Yelli set up with a 100mm F29 and eventually traded that in for a RS 140 (not sure which model). He never looked back, liked it better with the 140.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeHeadonCollider View Post
    The b+ sizing is pretty cool, but I wonder what "improved clearances" means. Specifically, what's the approximate 29er tire clearance on the frame.

I've been prowling around for a reasonably weighted 29er hardtail with sub-seventeen inch chainstays and a longish top tube for a few months. I want to be able to mount a 140 pike and fat (not +) tires onto a bike. What I'm really going for is a set of 2.4 ardents mounted to one of the new crop of 30mm internal width rims. I wonder if the "improved clearances" will allow Canfield to help me out with that?
    The first gen Yelli easily clears that setup. So I would expect the new one would as well.

WNC Native
    LargeHeadonCollider- Here are pics of my Gen 1 Yelli with 2.3 Nevegals on 38mm wide Kris Holm rims FWIW.
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-img_3627.jpgCanfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-img_3646.jpg

mtbr member
    Pinch bolts on the 142x12 axle?
    konahonzo

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I rode mine for about 2 years with 100mm. It's an xc ginsu knife. On the smoother trails in my area it sliced and diced through rhythm sections and switchbacks. I've been at 120 for a while now to favor the rockier trails i ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    When I first built my Yelli I had a 100mm Reba on it. I took it to our hardballer mountain with lots of roots and rocks and I hated it with the fork. I put on a 140mm Revelation and the bike came alive.

mtbr member
    @KVT,

(I posted this in the 29er Forum also.)

I have a question for you. Would the ride of a large Yelli be more comparable to a medium EPO? I am going off your geo charts that I have calculated with a 140mm fork. I was looking at the EPO with a 50mm stem and the Yelli with a 30mm. I am 5'9" with a 31"ish inseam currently riding a small Honzo. I am finding I want to try out a bigger bike with a longer wheelbase for a lot of reasons.
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-yelli-geo.png

Also, are you able supply or has the stack for the Yelli been noted somewhere?

The EPO would be my first choice but if I could make a large Yelli work saving a grand would be nice too. An aluminum EPO would have been awesome.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I am looking at those numbers and wonder how 50mm of added fork length only adds 17.5mm of stack? I agree an aluminum EPO would have been awesome.

mtbr member
    I am going to guess the change in HA and sag? I am not sure myself. It is an online calculator I use. It also estimates reach and stack if you want. It came up with the proper reach so I left the stack as is. If I measure my 140mm Honzo v a stock one the calculator works.

EDIT: Never mind about sag. I realized it is just using fork length but there is nearly a 2.5° change in head angle. I can't do that math but that has to account for it.
    Last edited by beer_coffee_water; 06-13-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: because I am dumb.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    That is pretty awsome and surprising that it increases stack so little.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I am looking at those numbers and wonder how 50mm of added fork length only adds 17.5mm of stack? I agree an aluminum EPO would have been awesome.
    I drew the Yelli geo up like this - what you get is the frame rotating about the back axle, so the BB goes up as well and the increase in stack is because the frame is at a different angle, not because the fork is higher (if you see what I mean).
    btw I included the headset for comparison with EPO (as external vs internal) hence my absolute stack and reach are different as I drew a 124mm head tube. Also I didn't quite get fork offsets and wheelbase to line up perfectly...

And really should look at sagged fork - at 25% the 140 loses 0.25x140=35mm so 516mm is more realistic riding length. Sagged RS 120 is spot on the 500 length.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-yelli-100.jpg  

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-yelli-140.jpg  

Anytime. Anywhere.
    You sir are a super bike nerd, and I mean that as a compliment. I disagree about looking at sagged numbers, especially for me. When I ride it's up or down, not much flat. When pedaling I'm mainly concerned with climbing so sag doesn't come into play much. The EPO with a 140mm fork has a reasonably steep STA while the YS does not. Also the 140ed YS has reduced reach which also makes me sad. Want EPO geometry at YS price😢

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Want EPO geometry at YS price😢
    Quite - OK so the Yelli is nice with a short fork but there is space in my life (and shed) for a Yelli-EVO with the SA and reach for a 140 fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arclarke View Post
    Quite - OK so the Yelli is nice with a short fork but there is space in my life (and shed) for a Yelli-EVO with the SA and reach for a 140 fork.
    I'll be updating the site with the Yelli's geo based off of a Pike 140mm fork in the next day or so. This will make it easier when comparing geos across our hardtail line. The EPO's geo was based off of the YS. We only tweaked a few numbers around the EPO's 16.3 stays to make everything live in harmony.
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 06-23-2015 at 02:45 PM.

WNC Native
    I'll be updating the site with the Yelli's geo based off of a Pike 140mm fork in the next day or so. This will make it easier when comparing geos across our hardtail line. The EPO's geo was based off of the YS. We only tweaked a few numbers around the EPO's 16.3 stays to make every work properly.
    Awesome, thanks!

n00b
    This has really got me thinking...
    Been on a Trek Cobia since 2012
    So I've been looking at getting a new trail bike and turning the Cobia into a street bike, Maxxis Grifters and eventually a rigid fork. So I can still be stupid on curbs and whatnot, but also go fast and put some miles on it.
    The Maxxis Ardent 2.4 and Ignitor 2.1 arent exactly fast street tires. Street is all I've been doing lately with all this damn rain.

I figured why not go the way of the Trek Stache 8 for the trail bike.
    Unfortunately there's a thing called money *sigh* lol
    So I've been kind of thinking about building. Buying the necessary parts over time. Getting what I want.. blah blah blah
    So random googling lead me to the Canfield Yelli Screamy, and hearing nothing but great things about it.
    Im really thinking I should go this route. Would be good to learn all the parts and how to build and put it all together. Plus there's a really good LBS that would help me out when needed.

What say you all?

mtbr member
    2 words ..... DO IT!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigloch View Post
    What say you all?
    Yes.

WNC Native
    What say you all?
    Definitely, you will not regret the move. Coming from a G2 frame you will transition nicely to the Yelli too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    This has really got me thinking...
    Been on a Trek Cobia since 2012
    So I've been looking at getting a new trail bike and turning the Cobia into a street bike, Maxxis Grifters and eventually a rigid fork. So I can still be stupid on curbs and whatnot, but also go fast and put some miles on it.
    The Maxxis Ardent 2.4 and Ignitor 2.1 arent exactly fast street tires. Street is all I've been doing lately with all this damn rain.

I figured why not go the way of the Trek Stache 8 for the trail bike.
    Unfortunately there's a thing called money *sigh* lol
    So I've been kind of thinking about building. Buying the necessary parts over time. Getting what I want.. blah blah blah
    So random googling lead me to the Canfield Yelli Screamy, and hearing nothing but great things about it.
    Im really thinking I should go this route. Would be good to learn all the parts and how to build and put it all together. Plus there's a really good LBS that would help me out when needed.

What say you all?
    I was in the exact same situation as you (Trek Cobia) although I was only on the Cobia for ~1 year. The difference is night and day between the two bikes. The Yelli is sooo much fun to ride. No regrets whatsoever.

n00b
    Awesome
    I'm pretty sure this is the way I'm going to go. Although I have no idea how to put a bike together. Where do I start?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Awesome
    I'm pretty sure this is the way I'm going to go. Although I have no idea how to put a bike together. Where do I start?

take apart existing bike, (clean, grease, replace bearings as required), put back together, ride, repeat...

For a first build with expensive components I'd suggest getting a good local bike shop to fit headset, fork, cranks - things that need special tools and are expensive to get wrong.

n00b
    Ok cool, thanks. I figured they would have to do some of the important things.

instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    I am not sure if you are waiting until the 2015s hit the shores but the older 2014 and on models have 135 rear spacing. This means you can use your existing wheels. 135 works just as well on a hard tail with a 10mm thru-bolt. Also, are you going to reuse your fork? If so, just swap everything from the Cobia and upgrade the wheels to something that has hubs that change axle types, i.e. Hope Pros. After the wheels get a 120mm or 140mm fork.

n00b
    It will be a while before I get the frame. But I planned on going all new for everything but tires and maybe stem.

Been wanting a trail bike with at least 120mm, maybe bigger. Who knows.
    That's why the Trek Stache was so appealing.

instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    I just updated our Yelli page with geo based off a 140mm RS Pike and a 120mm fork for comparison.

Hope this helps you guys when making comparisons.

mtbr member
    Updated
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 06-24-2015 at 09:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    When I first built my Yelli I had a 100mm Reba on it. I took it to our hardballer mountain with lots of roots and rocks and I hated it with the fork. I put on a 140mm Revelation and the bike came alive.
    Im running a Reba at 120mm -- tried a F29 @100mm (with QR) and it wasnt great -- lots of pedal strikes and steering was all over the place, very flexy fork at that length, OK @80mm. 120mm works well I find (only issue with the older rebas these are 2011 I think with 20mm thru axle, is that the clearance for a 2.35 tyre is small so you cannot get a fender in -- not an issue if you dont ride in mud too often)

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-endurobearn2013b_med.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    So the Yelli is actually 0.3 deg slacker at the head? Might this help explain pref for 46mm offset forks on the EPO?

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I just compared the large EPO vs Large YS.

Reach 450 - 395
    Stack 600 - 607
    WB 1178 - 1140
    STA 74.5 - 70
    CS 414 - 424

Some pretty big differences. The seat tube angle eliminates the YS from my HT list, slack STAs just don't work with my body geometry.

mtbr member
    what's the largest single ring that can be fitted on this rig?

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    Coming from a 71* HTA XC bike, I liked the way Yelli handled with the 100mm Reba... at first. I would have left it that way if I wasn't having pedal strike issues. BB is pretty low at 100mm, so I went to 120mm and it became perfect. Not a fan of my Fox 32 fork though, so bought a used Pike 140mm and it's still a hoot to descend on. I have long legs so the STA puts me pretty far back, so I'm going to drop the fork 10mm just to get a wee bit of forwardness back to my seated climbing position.
    Every rose has it's thorn.

enjoy the ear worm

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    just wondered if its ok to put a 140mm pike on a Gen 1.0 Yelli ? Ive just got my new fork for my Riot so thought might give it a go on the Yelli if its not likely to break the frame due to too much leverage. -- ta, Pat

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy 2 2-6.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	995033

stupid question, but curious at the same time, can we drill seatpost of pre-2015 YS for stealth routing?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfish666 View Post
    just wondered if its ok to put a 140mm pike on a Gen 1.0 Yelli ? Ive just got my new fork for my Riot so thought might give it a go on the Yelli if its not likely to break the frame due to too much leverage. -- ta, Pat
    You'll be fine. People have been putting 140s on them since the first batch.

mtbr member
    We sell 140mm Pikes for all of our 29er frames, so there is no issue there. Running longer than 140mm is not recommended, however.

Rocks belong
    Canfield's site is down? Can't pull a Yelli or a N9

Looks like the Yelli might offer the best clearance of aggressive 29er AM HT frames?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    little vid of my Yelli on my local trails ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCJir4RLM3U

Canfield Brothers
    little vid of my Yelli on my local trails ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCJir4RLM3U
    Great video, beautiful area and the riding looks fun. Nice job on the selfie filming too.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks! I hope to do something similar with a Riot in late August / September hopefully :-), got all the bits ready to go
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-bits.jpg

Rocks belong
    The seat tube angle eliminates the YS from my HT list, slack STAs just don't work with my body geometry.
    Why the slack STA for the Yelli? The N9 is 3-4*steeper.

Rocks belong
    And anywhere to see the new colors? Interested as to what the orange looks like.

mtbr member
    And anywhere to see the new colors? Interested as to what the orange looks like.
    The new Yellis are here!
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-yelli-screamy.jpg

I should have time to shoot all the colors this afternoon and will have them posted up before the weekend.

Cheers!

n00b
    Badass! Been wondering about the orange also.

instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Since the new one are here... guess I can post my buddies review on his red 2015 Yelli
    After borrowing a friends large Yelli Screamy for a couple weeks and logging about 75 miles on it, I decided I might stick with riding hardtail 29ers forever. After several failed attempts to get my friend to just sell me his complete bike, I was forced to buy my own. *What I got was the brand spankin' new, hot off the presses 2015 Yelli with the new improvements to boot. The first ride was June 23 on my home trails in Portage, Indiana. The low ground was too wet to ride so I had to stick to the dryer areas. First a bit in my setup. It's pretty straightforward. I run a Manitou Tower fork with 140mm travel. Continental 2.4 inch wide tires with 30 psi in each, a single 30t gear in front, no bash guard, an 11/36 gear stack, Shimano Zee derailleur and shifter, Avid hydraulic brakes, a plain raceface seatpost(no dropper), raceface bars 28.5 inches wide and original crank bros. stainless steel egg beater pedals. No extra bells or whistles.

My first impression when I hit the dirt was "Wow this thing is responsive!" The guys at Canfield Brothers *definitely got the geometry right in this bike. The chainstays are so short the rear tire looks like it's going to rub the seat tube(it doesn't) which results in pure agility going around corners. Climbs were never my favorite part of the trail but now they don't bother me a bit. The Yelli tears up the hills. I can climb most of the way up any hill in the saddle, only shifting my body over the bars on the real steep or rooty sections. , I forget it's a 29er until I hit an obstacle and it rolls over it smoothly and then I'm reminded. There's this thing I do sometimes where I'll let the front wheel hit an log pretty hard and make the fork's rebound bounce me and the bike up and over the log. With the Yelli's super short wheelbase, that maneuver is easier than ever.

I have a BMX background so jumping is something that is second nature, however all of the MTBs I have owned up till now have been no fun at all to jump with. I can't explain it, they just felt bad under me while airborne. I honestly expected the Yelli to feel the same but the first time I launched it, it felt right. Smooth, stable and no flex. Landings are confident and the speed maintains.

This will be the last hardtail I ever buy because I can't imagine anyone being able to improve on the 2015 Yelli.

n00b
    *sigh*
    Thanks alot, man. Thanks for making me want that frame more than I already did.

mtbr member
    *sigh*
    Thanks alot, man. Thanks for making me want that frame more than I already did.
    LOL..... that's the plan.... this bike is insane and the small changes only make it better.. more so the ability to run a larger selection of crank/gear combo in front

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan View Post
    LOL..... that's the plan.... this bike is insane and the small changes only make it better.. more so the ability to run a larger selection of crank/gear combo in front
    d@mn my fingers are itching...

n00b
    lol
    I've been looking at what I'd kinda want to put on the frame.
    I have no idea about crank arm length
    Also looking at wheel selection. No clue!
    As a 215lb rider, would wide wheels benefit me? And are the CB wheels 11 speed. It says 9/10 speed.
    Wouldnt want to go over $600. And trust me, this is way into the future.
    Would like to go 1x11, or is 1x10 enough?
    *edit* hmm. 1x10 is alot cheaper. Maybe the Shimano XT. $48 compared to the 1x11 XT that's $130
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Here you go gents! The Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy Colors... In stock and shipping!

Ano Blue
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-ano-blue.jpg

Ano Black
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-ano-black.jpg

Ano Red
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-ano-red.jpg

Ano Orange - SO HOT!
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-ano-orange.jpg

Ano PNW Green
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-ano-pnw-green.jpg

Painted Sparkle Blue
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-sparkle-blue.jpg

LE Fire - SUPER BRIGHT!
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-canfield-brothers-2015-yelli-screamy-le-fire.jpg

n00b
    yep, Orange it is. Looks awesome!
    LE Fire looks badass too. And I imagine the Green is great with black components

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Damn. The fire is sick.

Rocks belong
    can I ask a huge favor of the Canfield crew?

Could someone check chainstay clearance (width between) at about 13" from the axle? (Instead of 14-14.5" for a 29er tire)

The old Yelli was right about 80mm, this one is supposed to have more clearance. My next HT frame will need to be able to handle an aggressive B+ tire when it comes out (like the 2.8 Nobby Nic or 2.8 Ground Control or Purgatory).

Thanks a million

mtbr member
    Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-20150713_154200.jpgCanfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-20150713_154248.jpg

Arrived today. Love it more than my 2013 Tang YS.

Canfield Bros, the packaging for the the frame is totally awesome. Ensures that it will get to your door without a scratch! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Are people that are running a Pike going for 46 or 51 mm offset?

dynamicz.
    Did the spare gear hanger come with the frame or did you have to buy it as an extra?
    Looks great in blue. I'm kind of stuck between that and black.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    The bros give everyone a spare hanger with their frames.

mtbr member
    +1 for 51mm offset. I have a 150mm Pike going on this from my SB95 build, we'll see how I like it, it's a big jump from my 120mm Manitou Tower from my '13 Yelli.

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamicz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150713_154200.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	1001838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150713_154248.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	1001839

Arrived today. Love it more than my 2013 Tang YS.

Canfield Bros, the packaging for the the frame is totally awesome. Ensures that it will get to your door without a scratch! Thanks!
    Could you measure rear tire clearance a couple inches back from the BB? Curious how much available room there for a B+ tire?

TIA

mtbr member
    At 13" from the rear axle, the inner width is 78-79mm via digital calipers. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Canfield Bros do everything they can to make sure your frame gets there safely.

Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-20150713_152613.jpgCanfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-20150713_152651.jpg

mtbr member
    ^ yep i can also attest to that. my frame traveled 7,422 mi and everything is all good (as if it just came from next door)

mtbr member
    i've never seen the canfield guys produce a white frame... curious... why?

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    They had a white Gen 1 Nimble 9 frame.

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamicz View Post
    At 13" from the rear axle, the inner width is 78-79mm via digital calipers. Hope this helps.
    Right on! Thanks for the measurement!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    Have you ever owned a white frame? Never again.
    konahonzo

Cracker

Sweet

Feels like a stiffer ride then the previous generationCanfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-rsz_20150717_210716.jpg
    Last edited by thecrackerasscracker; 07-18-2015 at 04:34 AM.
    It might get a little steep from here

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    A quick bedding of brakes and double checking measures between rain showers turned into fun at the parking lot, more fun at a nearby slickrock hill and finally a blast on the local trails a hour and a half later. Instant love! Cutting the steerer and some hoses and a Thomson dropper to replace the no-more-adjustable old KS Lev will complete the build of a bike I've wanted since 2011.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Brothers 2015 Yelli Screamy-dsc_0548.jpg  

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by MostChillin View Post
    Back in the spring I sold my carbon FS and built a Nimble9:

Attachment 1006071

Love the N9 but it didn't help the EPO dropped the day before my N9 arrived and then the new YS. I definitely had new frame envy while enjoying the N9 through the spring and into the summer.

I then started a long debate between a YS and an EPO. Long story less long it came down to cost and the fact that I would of had to purchase a new fork with the EPO based on my Pike crown length. Not happening now as we are building a new house.

So I got a new YS:

Attachment 1006072

Fun, more fun and a ton o' fun! I definitely prefer the YS over the N9. I finished the YS build (carry over from my N9) last Sunday and now have about 100 miles on it. Definitely more stiff as expected but not too much and I prefer the more direct feeling - the Yelli seems more connected. And the little bit more of CS length (I had the N9 slammed) helps as I feel I can go through the root and rock garden sections a bit faster as I used to get a little "stuck" in certain situations before.

I don't feel that I have lost any "nimbleness" but have gained a bit more control through the fast, technical sections. I feel the weight difference (combined with the stiffness) on the climbs. and prefer the Yelli for jumping as it feels a bit more tossable. The N9 (when slammed) is simple to manual whereas the YS takes a little more finesse but still a dream.

Any downsides? The seat tube is a bit slack and the seat to pedal layout is noticeable between the two, for me at least. I'm a sit and grind it guy 90% of the time and that's where I feel it most - it's a little different at first. It doesn't cause any discomfort and while not a huge difference, worth noting. Please note that I'm still messing with stem length and seat position that affects this. I ended up with a 60 stem on my N9 but have just went to a 50 on the Yelli and prefer it thus far with my seat at the same position - FYI.

Only planned changes at this point are swapping the Guide RSCs for new XTs and I'm definitely getting rid of the VP VX ADV pedals for new XT Trails. Guide RSCs are the best Avid/SRAM brakes I've used but I definitely like the feel of XTs better. And the clipless hardware on the VPs suck.

Stoked so far! For baseline, I ride mostly fast, flowy XC with punchy climbs and scattered technical sections with roots and rock gardens in the Southeast.
    Looks really nice...whats your final weight?

Im debating stem on mine right now. 50vs65. how tall are you?

oh and get the ano blue crampons.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by MostChillin View Post
    Thanks.

No clue about weight and frankly don't care. That being said, I'll throw it on the scale next time I'm at my LBS as they have the same question and will post. Likely later this week.

5'9" with a short 29" inseam and long torso. It is for this reason, I had to go with a 60mm on the N9. I'm going to mess with seat position this evening on the Yelli so I may end up going back with the 60mm on it. We'll see.

My short inseam welcomes the non-braced seat tube on the Yelli for the minimal increase in standover!

I already have black Ultimate Crampons (older version) but haven't looked back since I switched back to clipless after finding the right shoes (Teva Pivot's). No plans on going back to flats.

And the fact that I actually ordered a colored Yelli frame and even have some color on my forks in the way of the Slik Graphics, it's about all the color I can handle. My blacked out Nimble9 is more indicative of my style and approach to bike and motorcycle builds. That being said, I'm glad I went with the blue.
    I noticed that color matched fork! You nerd! ;0

My bro gave me a Orange Ano water Bottle holder for mine! lol!

I actually have a set of clipless pedals and shoes i got for a spinning class (i went for the girls). I might try it on the yelli. Ive never clipped in on trail, sounds scary as hell. Id rather hit a 40ft jump. I did get a set of crampons for this bike though.

Were kinda the same height im a bit lanky'er so 65mm should work. You're on a M right?
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    MostChillin, how would you compare it to your carbon FS? Faster/Slower? Nimble? What Carbon FS bike did you have?

mtbr member

Large frame

5'11" with 33" inseam.

35mm stem
    760mm bars

Could have gone with 50mm stem but having it slammed gives so much control and mobility on the descents.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dynamicz; 08-21-2015 at 07:11 AM.

n00b
    awesome! You got the Large?
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    awesome! You got the Large?
    Yes, large. Sorry edited the post to add size

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Is your pant inseam 33. Or measured floor to crotch is 33? My pant inseam is 32. Measured is 35.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek200 View Post
    Is your pant inseam 33. Or measured floor to crotch is 33? My pant inseam is 32. Measured is 35.
    33" is actual, no shoes, floor to crotch.

n00b
    Cool. I'm around a 33-34"
    I'm riding a 19" Trek Cobia.
    Im guessing a large will probably be perfect.

instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Just finished mine. Transferred parts from my El Mariachi. Going to extend the Reba to 120 this weekend. Needs a proper trail ride to break in. I think I will have to change out the 70mm stem to 50mm. Steering felt a little slow, but that could be due to the 46mm offset fork.

n00b
    Badass looking.
    Black looks good

Sent from my R2 unit.
    instagram@krigloch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast