• 12-21-2012
    bubba13
    Canfield 650b / 27.5 hardtail?
    The other Canfield 650b thread seemed to be focused on full suspension. Curious if there will be a B wheeled brother to the new Nimble 9?

    I don't know if there would be much advantage of 27.5 over 29 for a hard tail other than lateral wheel stiffness. Personally have not tried 27.5 yet. I just know 26" hard tails are a thing of the past for me.

    What say you Brothers?
  • 12-21-2012
    KillingtonVT
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    The other Canfield 650b thread seemed to be focused on full suspension. Curious if there will be a B wheeled brother to the new Nimble 9?

    I don't know if there would be much advantage of 27.5 over 29 for a hard tail other than lateral wheel stiffness. Personally have not tried 27.5 yet. I just know 26" hard tails are a thing of the past for me.

    What say you Brothers?

    It certainly something we have been talking about... We have a few BIG projects on the plate at the moment and will talk further about this in the future.

    Vin
  • 12-21-2012
    bubba13
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    It certainly something we have been talking about... We have a few BIG projects on the plate at the moment and will talk further about this in the future.

    Vin

    Thanks for the quick reply. Excited to see what you did with the new N9. (29)

    Happy Holidays.
  • 12-22-2012
    StanleyJ
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    It certainly something we have been talking about... We have a few BIG projects on the plate at the moment and will talk further about this in the future.

    Vin

    Arrrrgh. The suspense... some teasers, come on! :madman::p

    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...64/241/9e9.gif
  • 12-22-2012
    bigcrs
    Certainly interested. Make it with killer AM numbers, chromo and interchangeable with 26er's.

    When did you want a down payment??
  • 12-24-2012
    jeffw-13
    A Yelli with a 140mm fork and 650b wheels actually works pretty well. ;)
  • 12-24-2012
    bubba13
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    A Yelli with a 140mm fork and 650b wheels actually works pretty well. ;)

    If you don't mind me asking...Where does that put the bottom bracket height? Wheel and tire combo?

    Thanks,
  • 12-24-2012
    jeffw-13
    The 29er wheelset has Flows with 2.4 Specialized Purgatory tires. The 650B set is Velocity Blunts with 2.2 WTB Wolverines. The unsagged bottom bracket height dropped from 12 7/8" to12" even.

    The lower center of gravity made a great bike even better. Ive since gone back to the 29er wheels, only because I needed the 650b's for the 650b bike

    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/6...yelli-650b.jpg
  • 12-24-2012
    bigcrs
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    The 29er wheelset has Flows with 2.4 Specialized Purgatory tires. The 650B set is Velocity Blunts with 2.2 WTB Wolverines. The unsagged bottom bracket height dropped from 12 7/8" to12" even.

    The lower center of gravity made a great bike even better. Ive since gone back to the 29er wheels, only because I needed the 650b's for the 650b bike

    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/6...yelli-650b.jpg


    That frame in that trim, just seems it was meant to be.
  • 12-25-2012
    riiz
    I'm running my Yelli with a 140mm WB Loop, but would like to try out a 650b rear wheel. Just to see if the 650b wheel would offer better acceleration, but worried if decreasing the HA and lowering the BB height would be a step back instead.
  • 12-25-2012
    jeffw-13
    Yeah I think that would make the front feel really tall unless you dropped the fork to 120mm or went 650b front and rear.

    Lower gearing would help acceleration
  • 12-25-2012
    StanleyJ
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by riiz View Post
    I'm running my Yelli with a 140mm WB Loop, but would like to try out a 650b rear wheel. Just to see if the 650b wheel would offer better acceleration, but worried if decreasing the HA and lowering the BB height would be a step back instead.

    Someone on here (MTBR) has a Yelli with a Fox 34 140mm fork and has a -1.5 Works Components "Slackset". Drops the front end down, touch longer wheelbase and makes it even more fun on the downs... all sticking with 29er wheels.

    What I'd personally like, is a bouncy-both-ends big-wheeler that's like a Yelli on steroids. Wheel-size can be configured via interchangeable dropouts (*cough* Banshee *cough* BlkMrkt Bikes *cough*)... so it'd be a 650b/29er bike, with 5~6in of travel.