mtbr member

canfield 29" wheelset-Tubeless

anyone? what are you running, and how are the results? i have these shipping this week, plan to run Hans Dampf's/Nobby Nic's, and looking for some go/no go experience.

thanx in advance!
    2012 Airborne Guardian.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I'm running them. Used Stans strips. Works great
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    thanx Jonesy! what brew are you running? my Yelli is the same color as yours, and i promise to try and not make it your twin!
    2012 Airborne Guardian.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just Stan's Tire Sealant. Haha awesome..Hey build it however you want it. I'd never get mad about something like that

I do want a drop post though...trying to justify the cost of getting one lol
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I had the wheel's on my Yelli set up with Canfield wheels and ghetto tubeless for almost 2 years with zero issues. You can try the strips but i honestly never had good luck with them and found the Schwalbe 26" threaded shcrader valve tube/stan's worked the best and very easy to set-up.

You could just pick up a pair of reg. shcrader valve tubes from your lbs just wouldn't be threaded. just check youtube for "ghetto tubeless" and there is a good howto video that show's you how to mount a 20" tube on a 26" wheel which is how my Canfield Brother's The ONE has alway's been set-up. I am actually doing a set of wheels for my neighbor later today with reg. 26" tubes on his 29er wheel's

Btw another trick i found that help's is when mounting tire on with a tube put some stan's along the beed and the tire will be stuck and not turn/leak

mtbr member
    Btw another trick i found that help's is when mounting tire on with a tube put some stan's along the beed and the tire will be stuck and not turn/leak[/QUOTE]

This is the ONLY way I fly!
    The stan's in the bead does a few key things-

1- helps pump the tire up-
    2- glues the ghetto tube to the tire- which helps the tire not burp when rolling the tire hard in turns.
    3- If you dent the sidewall of the rim- it will still hold air- and can still be repaired and used tubeless- where as a rim strip tubeless setup will be finished. (I have even folded a rims's sidewall, then deflated, pull the tire away and bent the rim back. The whole time the ghetto tube held onto the tire bead. Then pumped the tire right back up.)

In my experience- This is the only way to run tubeless safe with no issues.
    On my DH- I ran this way for 6-7 years and have only flatted 2-3 times- All from big tire cuts-