mtbr member

Bos Kirk on Riot?

Has anyone used this shock on a Riot?

BOS KIRK 2

I have a Rockshox Monarch Plus that (I think) I damaged by riding in in really cold weather. It stuck down and RS customer service told me what to do, but the shock has never been the same and seems to be getting worse.

So, rather than spend $200 to have it rebuilt and maybe re-valved, I've been poking around for other options.

I found NIB BOS KIRK 2 shocks on Ebay for $200.

Anyone?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogidave View Post

BOS KIRK 2

I have a Rockshox Monarch Plus that (I think) I damaged by riding in in really cold weather. It stuck down and RS customer service told me what to do, but the shock has never been the same and seems to be getting worse.

So, rather than spend $200 to have it rebuilt and maybe re-valved, I've been poking around for other options.

Anyone?
    I have a Manitou Mcleod (with standard can and king/high volume can) (about 35 hours riding time) that I just pulled off my broken Riot and getting ready to put it up for sale on pinkbike $165 plus shipping.

This is a wonder shock that works great on the Riot. The standard can gives a more poppy pedaly ride/feel and the king can at half volume gives a plusher more downhill ride.

PM me if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yogidave View Post

BOS KIRK 2

Anyone?
    I would highly advise against anything BOS. You are very unlikely to get any response from them if you ever have a problem with it. Their after-sales support is somewhere between extremely minimal and non-existent.

You'll notice that they are some of the most expensive at retail; $2600 for the Idylle Rare FCV, but people can't sell the same fork (lightly) used for $700

IMO that shock is $200 overpriced...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    I would highly advise against anything BOS. You are very unlikely to get any response from them if you ever have a problem with it. Their after-sales support is somewhere between extremely minimal and non-existent.

You'll notice that they are some of the most expensive at retail; $2600 for the Idylle Rare FCV, but people can't sell the same fork (lightly) used for $700

IMO that shock is $200 overpriced...
    Tell me how you REALLY feel!

Iíve kinda seen that sentiment else where, so maybe best to either rebuild the monarch or look for a different option.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    If I were to go with an air shock I'd probably get the Manitou Mcleod. Very tunable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I bought a brand new Idylle Rare FCV for a Jedi build 2 seasons ago. It started leaking significant levels of oil on the first day of riding, enough that it would be dangerous to continue riding it, like a heavy drip from the bottom of the fork leg after my 3rd run.

It took 8 months for BOS to service it. I didn't even get a reply from them for 6 months of emails, calls, blasting them on social media, etc...

I might have even paid for the service myself, but no one on the North American continent had the seals or could get them, or could even get a reply from BOS.

Once I actually got it serviced, I tried to sell the fork, took another 4 months and ended up selling it for $600. It had maybe 2 hours of use on it, with a fresh service.