mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Black Chrome Owners Look Here

Hey guys,

I am trying to decide between two colors of the Yelli, either Ano Black, or the Black Chrome. I have seen plenty of pictures of the Ano Black, but there are very few Black Chrome pics out there. I have researched for a while, and have come across all the mtbr yelli pic threads, but every pic I saw was either the Canfield pic, or of the bike inside in crappy lighting.

Need help.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Hey guys,

I am trying to decide between two colors of the Yelli, either Ano Black, or the Black Chrome. I have seen plenty of pictures of the Ano Black, but there are very few Black Chrome pics out there. I have researched for a while, and have come across all the mtbr yelli pic threads, but every pic I saw was either the Canfield pic, or of the bike inside in crappy lighting.

Need help.
    I've seen it in person, and I think it looks more like a tinted silver/raw than the black seen in many pics. It is not a dark color. That said, EVERYTHING is ano black, so I'd go black chrome for the uniqueness of it and the fact that there were very few of them made last year.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    I've seen it in person, and I think it looks more like a tinted silver/raw than the black seen in many pics. It is not a dark color. That said, EVERYTHING is ano black, so I'd go black chrome for the uniqueness of it and the fact that there were very few of them made last year.
    Yup - Vertr, you nailed it! The Black Chrome is similar to the Raw finish that we used to offer. The frame is wire brushed to give it a unique texture, then PC'd with a translucent tinted finish. It is one of my favorite finishes that we offer, (I even did a Black Chrome Jedi for a friend of mine in CT).

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    That said, EVERYTHING is ano black, so I'd go black chrome for the uniqueness of it and the fact that there were very few of them made last year.
    I am looking at the Black Chrome for the exact reason you mentioned. I just want to make sure I LOVE it! I have a black and red theme going with the bike all the parts will be tranfered over from, but don't know how the BC and red would look.

I have been eyeing up the XL in stock....maybe they can send it to me for testing?