Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    perpetual pucker factor

any 2013 The One info?

I've read the post a while ago saying how Canfield is very happy with the current design of the One. I am hopefully going to be buying one in the next few weeks, but I was wondering if there were any changes slated to the design that might entice me to wait for a newer revision.

I guess what I'm asking is, will there be a 2013 edition of The One? If so, will it be any different from the 2012? Either way, I'm fine with the 2012 as it is now, and I'm dead set on getting one. So Turbotax, if you're reading this, you had better get a move on!
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    Will there be a 2013 edition of The One? If so, will it be any different from the 2012?
    For 2013, the only running change that we will be making to The One, is a new cnc'd yoke on the rear triangle, (The connector between the seat and chain stays). The 2013's should arrive mid May and will have a slight price increase as our manufacturing cost have gone up on production. They will include Cane Creek coil or air shocks, just as we are currently shipping our in stock inventory.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    For 2013, the only running change that we will be making to The One, is a new cnc'd yoke on the rear triangle, (The connector between the seat and chain stays). The 2013's should arrive mid May and will have a slight price increase as our manufacturing cost have gone up on production. They will include Cane Creek coil or air shocks, just as we are currently shipping our in stock inventory.
    Hopefully the tire clearance will be opened up a little more than what my buddies 2012 has, with 2.35 Muddy Mary's there is no more (maybe it's just a one off situation) than 5mm. The clearance on my '11 is great.

Is it possible to get the frame without the CCDB's?
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

Canfield Brothers
    I have 2.5 Minions in mine with plenty of clearance, albeit Maxxis does tend to run a little small.

We can always ship as frames onlys and can still source other shocks. The thing that's nice with cane Creek, is they are setting the adjustments to our our preferred baseline tunes during production. This means you'll have a better experience out of the box.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Hopefully the tire clearance will be opened up a little more than what my buddies 2012 has, with 2.35 Muddy Mary's there is no more (maybe it's just a one off situation) than 5mm. The clearance on my '11 is great.

Is it possible to get the frame without the CCDB's?
    That is strange, I ran a 2.40 BigBetty on my '11 and same wheel's/tire's (Canfield a.m.) on my '12 and never noticed a clearence issue.

And just for the record i am running a X-Fusion coil and love it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    That is strange, I ran a 2.40 BigBetty on my '11 and same wheel's/tire's (Canfield a.m.) on my '12 and never noticed a clearence issue.

And just for the record i am running a X-Fusion coil and love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Hopefully the tire clearance will be opened up a little more than what my buddies 2012 has, with 2.35 Muddy Mary's there is no more (maybe it's just a one off situation) than 5mm.
    I've ran a 2.4 Big Betty and am now running a 2.35 Wicked Wil and have had no clearance problems on my '12.

Vin - are the CCDBs that are shipping with the '13s set with the base tune setting that are currently on their website? I might have to PM you about some tuning suggestions for my DB coil if that's cool?

I guess I should ride my '12 One harder and get ready to sell it in May when the '13s land

perpetual pucker factor
    Thanks so much for all the info! So do you think that the ccdb air shock will be adequate for a person weighing around 250ish? I'm running a tweaked dhx air with a low volume sleeve and it has been decent thus far...
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    Thanks so much for all the info! So do you think that the ccdb air shock will be adequate for a person weighing around 250ish? I'm running a tweaked dhx air with a low volume sleeve and it has been decent thus far...
    You are going to put the shock through it's paces more than most... I would take the slight weight penalty and rock the coil version.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Sad to see that none of my suggestions made it to the 2013 model

Maybe 2014?

Suggestions were:
    1) Integrated fork bumpers for triple crown fork setups
    2) Upper head tube pinch bolt
    3) Remove pinch bolt on rear axle for better Maxle compatibilty (or provide a shim for maxle users)
    4) Use a chip based system for shock mounting for people to fine tune head angles/BB height, etc.

Either way, I'll still probably upgrade. Canfield products and customer service is second to none!

Canfield Brothers

New 2013 Colors

Our 2013's on the way and will be be here in a few short weeks. The 13's are looking really sweet! We did Black frames this year with Black, Red, Blue, Silver and Orange links. (Orange is SUPER LIMITED). Sorry the res is pretty low on these, Chris took them with his phone when was building them up last night...

any 2013 The One info?-photo-14-.jpg

any 2013 The One info?-photo-12-.jpg

any 2013 The One info?-photo-13-.jpg

any 2013 The One info?-photo-26-.jpg

any 2013 The One info?-photo-15-.jpg
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 05-15-2013 at 11:17 AM.

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Our 2013's on the way and will be be here in a few short weeks. The 13's are looking really sweet! We did Black frames this year with Black, Red, Blue, Silver Orange links. (Orange is SUPER LIMITED). Sorry the res is pretty low on these, Chris took them with his phone when was building them up last night...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(14).JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	795600

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(15).JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	293.3 KB 
ID:	795603
    Looking good! Whole lotta fun in those boxes!

mtbr member
    Sweet! Can't wait for my Large One with orange links! Had trouble finding CHris King Mango hubs to match it, but it'll look friggin awesome!

mtbr member
    is black the only frame color being offered this year? it is said that these bikes pedal well, but do they jump?
    SOLD: 2010 EWR OWB 29er
    SOLD: 2012 Transition Bottlerocket

2013 Banshee Spitfire XL Red

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by guswalls View Post
    is black the only frame color being offered this year? it is said that these bikes pedal well, but do they jump?
    We only did the '13's in Black, however we still have a few '12 silvers in stock. As far as your second question... I'll let this vid from one of riders in Utah answer your question...

mtbr member
    do you work for canfield? if so i have lots of questions and would prefer to talk privately rather than putting a lot of things onto a public forum.

here are a few questions that i don't mind asking publicly:
    1. are there any dealers or rep near the philly area that would allow me to demo one? (i would be willing to drive about 1.5 hours to do so.)
    2. i looked on the website and it seemed like the only silver ones were smalls. i think i would need an xl.(i am 6'2" with about a 36" inseam and long arms)
    3. i have a 29er hardtail that i use for xc and light trails. this bike would be used 50% rough trail and 50% bike park. this would replace the bike i bought last year, which i feel is too small and not trail enough. (doesn't pedal well) i don't quite have bike park skills but want to progress. do you recommend a person going all in on such a big bike or starting first with a lighter trail bike to get used to what these bikes can do?
    SOLD: 2010 EWR OWB 29er
    SOLD: 2012 Transition Bottlerocket

2013 Banshee Spitfire XL Red

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by guswalls View Post
    do you work for canfield? if so i have lots of questions and would prefer to talk privately rather than putting a lot of things onto a public forum.

here are a few questions that i don't mind asking publicly:
    1. are there any dealers or rep near the philly area that would allow me to demo one? (i would be willing to drive about 1.5 hours to do so.)
    2. i looked on the website and it seemed like the only silver ones were smalls. i think i would need an xl.(i am 6'2" with about a 36" inseam and long arms)
    3. i have a 29er hardtail that i use for xc and light trails. this bike would be used 50% rough trail and 50% bike park. this would replace the bike i bought last year, which i feel is too small and not trail enough. (doesn't pedal well) i don't quite have bike park skills but want to progress. do you recommend a person going all in on such a big bike or starting first with a lighter trail bike to get used to what these bikes can do?
    Guswalls - Yes, I am the Director of Sales for Canfield Brothers. Give us a shout on Monday and I can give you a full rundown, but we do have Silvers available in Small, Large AND XL's through our webstore:
    Canfield Brothers Webstore/The One

Vin

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Paid for my med. with silver links about a week ago.

Time has come to a stop now that I'm waiting for the frame to arrive.

The above pics are the only fix I have to get me through the wait. lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by skyboss View Post
    Paid for my med. with silver links about a week ago.

Time has come to a stop now that I'm waiting for the frame to arrive.

The above pics are the only fix I have to get me through the wait. lol
    Don't fret, it WILL come... I have been in your shoes and best thing to do is find something else to occupy your time!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Getting close, any new words on delivery?

I dying here. Hoping this might be the last weekend on old bike.

mtbr member
    as of last friday (5/31) the frames were still in customs. boo.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by skyboss View Post
    Getting close, any new words on delivery?

I dying here. Hoping this might be the last weekend on old bike.
    We are in the same boat! I've been without my The One for a few months now. Frames are still in customs, as soon as we get the call, we'll be off to Seattle to pick them up! I'll let everyone know as soon as we get the call!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    We are in the same boat! I've been without my The One for a few months now. Frames are still in customs, as soon as we get the call, we'll be off to Seattle to pick them up! I'll let everyone know as soon as we get the call!

Hey Man, Thanks for the update. Just good to hear that the frames are atleast on the continent.haha

I've actually been pushed 2 bikes back. Just cracked my most current bike (which The One is replacing), so I'm on the bike I had used before that. And believe me when I say, while it was a great bike for years of use, I have got the good out of it.

Just killing me seeing all those new goodies sitting on my bike table waiting to go on The One when it arrives.

mtbr member
    I know! I've had a box of parts, wheels, and my fork in my closet for like 2 months now...so hard to wait.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I gots me a tracking number, looks like next Thurs.

HehHehHeh

mtbr member
    mine's coming today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast