Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any 2013 Nimble 9 news?

21K views 115 replies 45 participants last post by  JackWagon 
#1 ·
Just asking since I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping the new model will have a tapered head tube and some different colors.

#43 ·
^^COOKIE!!^^

How about a nice mat black like your DJ bike?

Lower stand over...check

44 HT...check

Question: Are your dropouts compatible with Paragon parts? I would like to add a 142x12 Shimano axle and post mount hardware if possible.

#49 ·
PLEASE, PLEASE Have a Flat Black or some Flat Black Harley Davidson Color. I want all the silver/chrome on my bike to POP!

I am really getting excited for this new N9! I only hope that it'll have a stronger/burlier headtube gusset. I know that it'll have a much fatter headtube but i'm just sayin....

Vin, Sean and Lance, I want a flat black, grey color PUHLEASE!!

PS anyone wants to buy my Yelli in May? It is lightly used and not abused:p

#58 ·
The anticipation is killing me!! I am by no stretch of the imagination a "bad-ass" like Scott Forty G, but have also cracked the headtube weld on my beloved N9. Racing on a 4-man SS team at the 24hrs at the Old Pueblo mid-Feb, I will unfortunately probably have to transfer all the parts to my old Jabber frame for the race...what a huge contrast in geo's between the two!

#59 ·
I hear ya! I've been going back and forth on a Yelli Screamy or waiting for the new N9, but fortunately it'll be a complement to my Jabber, which has been great to me in its own way. Anyone care to give me their two cents? ...and please don't say "ditch the Jabber and buy both a Yelli and N9!" Haha! I'm still awaiting thoughts from Mr. "bad-ass" himself, who's also gone through the whole gamut, Jabber to N9 to Yelli.

#62 ·
IMHO the difference between the N9 and Jabber are night & day. Shorter CS on the N9 make for a snappier ride, works well when I ride more chunk, over rocks and drops. The Jabber's longer TT and CS is more condusive to smoother cross country style riding. The top tube on my small Jabber is the same as on my medium N9. With that being said, as Capt_America stated above, if I had only one choice for a steel HT it would be the N9. Where I live there is a lot of different terrain type, 60 plus miles of smooth single track with long sustained climbs and down the street is miles and miles of granite rock tech chunk that will challenge just about anyone!

#63 ·
IMHO the difference between the N9 and Jabber are night & day. Shorter CS on the N9 make for a snappier ride, works well when I ride more chunk, over rocks and drops. The Jabber's longer TT and CS is more condusive to smoother cross country style riding. The top tube on my small Jabber is the same as on my medium N9.
You pretty much nailed it. I have a large Jabber and a large N9. The N9 ETT is a bit shorter than the Jabberwocky which I like more for the technical trails.

#66 ·
Love, love, love the color. Exactly what I was hoping for!! Welds and top tube are sweet! Now, as far as the brace connecting the top tube to seat tube (not sure of technical term), hmmm...not quite sure how I feel about that, yet. Any teaser shots from the side? Regardless, I think I'll get over it real quick!! Can't wait for more of the reveal!

#72 ·
What size is that frame?

Only thing I would be worried about for the bigger guys like myself is how little seatpost would be in the seat tube and it still wouldn't meet the top tube junction. I believe that's one of the reasons why my TransAM frame was cracked at the seat clamp slot, even though I had 100mm + into the frame, it barely made it past that junction.

#73 ·
What size is that frame?

Only thing I would be worried about for the bigger guys like myself is how little seatpost would be in the seat tube and it still wouldn't meet the top tube junction. I believe that's one of the reasons why my TransAM frame was cracked at the seat clamp slot, even though I had 100mm + into the frame, it barely made it past that junction.
It's a Large. And yes, the seat tube is FULLY supported. More to come soon!

#75 ·
Looks very interesting. I can't wait to see more pics. Now to decide whether I'm going to keep my current large or move to an xl now that the standover is better. I wonder if any of the chages affect the ride and feel of the bike? The different stays are bound to make some difference there one way or the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.