Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any 2013 Nimble 9 news?

21K views 115 replies 45 participants last post by  JackWagon 
#1 ·
Just asking since I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping the new model will have a tapered head tube and some different colors.

#15 ·
Matte black with dark gray or ghost black panel/ lettering. Dark gray with dark red panel/ lettering. Maybe a dark red with cream panel/ letting. The blue you had a couple of years ago looks really sweet. I almost bought a blue one the someone on here was selling, it looked really good.

#17 ·
Matte black with dark gray or ghost black panel/ lettering. Dark gray with dark red panel/ lettering. Maybe a dark red. The blue you had a couple of years ago looks really sweet. I almost bought a blue one the someone on here was selling, it looked really good.
We will DEF. bring the Canfield Sparkle Blue back as it has been HIGHLY requested. As far as stickers, we ALL really love the current ones and will continue with them on the new bike.

As we draw closer, I will have much more info for you... thanks for ALL the feedback!

#26 ·
Highlighter yellow is a sick color for a bike with some black wheels and a fork on there. I'm also digging the raw finish of a steel frame.
I'm eager to see some drawings of the new frame. I really hope there is ISCG tabs for a possible hammerschmidt setup. It would also open up a world of opportunity to be able to mount a proper chainguide without a crappy BB mount. The clearances would be super tight, but I would gladly exchange a few mm of chainstay for the pleasure of tabs.

What is the ETA for any possible prototypes that Canfield will get their hands on?

This thread needs some teaser pics!

#27 ·
You right about the Helmet that is the one. :thumbsup:

You right about the flat out gold but I see so many of the wagon style STI's with this color wheel and look exactly like the gold ones you posted that I figured it was a factory option. People in Colorado sure do love there supped up Subys

Attachments

#32 ·
2.4 are no problem-
All tires are a bit different- and we are in the derailleur space being this short- But small amount of trimming to the derailleur and you should have no problems.
Again, all tires run a bit different- but my Racing Ralph's were fine.
Plus, you can slide back the drops up to 16.9" for more clearance for larger tires. Or run a 1x like the XX1 or our Microdrive hub.

#35 ·
Highlighter yellow would look awesome flying down the trail but a matte gunmetal gray with black logo and red accents would look fast just sitting still. I'm debating trying to find a used N9 to build up now so I have something to ride through the winter or waiting until the new releases drop in the spring.

#37 · (Edited)
You are on the right track my friend!!!

Thank you guys for ALL being SO patient!! We are waiting for our Canfield Sparkle Blue production sample to arrive. As soon as it does, I'll get you all the goods on the new frame. I can say that we are VERY happy with whats coming and it hit all of the objectives we were trying achieve with the new Nimble 9.

Happy Holidays everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.