Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any 2013 Nimble 9 news?

21K views 115 replies 45 participants last post by  JackWagon 
#1 ·
Just asking since I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping the new model will have a tapered head tube and some different colors.

#81 ·
Separate cable guides for derailleur and brakes now? Have to admit I hated the "single guide for all cables" on my N9 at first, but it has grown on me and now I find myself wishing some of my other bikes had it.

Most important question... Does the blue still glow in the dark?

#98 ·

The Canfield Brothers 29er revolution continues with the ALL NEW Nimble 9. From the start of the redesign of the current Nimble 9, we wanted to give the bike a distinctive look different from what is currently available in chromo hardtails. We wanted to incorporate a hydro formed toptube and a 44mm head tube. New innovations include a removable front derailleur block that allows the frame to look super clean when setting it up as single speed. We also designed new sliding dropouts that are reminiscent of something seen on custom motorcycle. Lastly, we gave the new Nimble 9 the innovative Canfield Brothers 29er Geometry.

We will be releasing the new Nimble 9 in nine colors, Canfield Glow in the Dark Sparkle Blue, Sparkle Orange, Sparkle Green, Matte Black, Gloss Black, Deep Red, Midnight, Forest Green and Limited Edition Chrome.

The Nimble 9 is currently in production with an estimated ship date of May 2013.

Features:

4130 chromoly steel
68° head angle with a 120mm fork
Adjustable 16.25-" 16.9" chainstays
Lower toptube for increased stand over height
Custom sliding 135mm x 10mm rear dropouts for geared or single speed options
NEW hydroformed toptube
Removable direct mount front derailleur block
Improved chainstay heel clearance
Two water bottle bosses
6.5 lbs (estimated)
$750 US retail, ($800 Limited Edition Chrome)

Build Specs:

Recommend fork lengths - 100mm - 120mm
Headset - 44mm upper and lower cups
Front derailleur - Shimano direct mount - top pull, single bolt, or Sram HO series
Bottom bracket - 73mm
Seat post - 30.9mm
Seat clamp - 35mm
Rear dropout spacing - 135mm
Post brake mount

Please call 801-548-2556 or email us at sales@canfieldbrothers.com for more details and pre-orders.

#114 ·
Thanks, guys!

I will invest in the CK Inset 7 headset.
Personally, I like the King stuff, but there are others like Cane Creek that others have reported perform just as good for much much less. I was just using the Inset 7 as an example.

For tapered fork:
Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40 EC44/40 1.5" Lower Assembly
Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40-Series ZS44 Upper Assembly

For 1 1/8" straight steerer:
Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40-Series ZS44 Headset - Black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.