Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I'm totally with you on the second set of bosses. However, most of those bent or offset seat tube bikes don't seem like they'd have enough room for a second set on the small or even medium sizes. Guess I'm going to have to come to peace with carrying a pack again.

mtbr member
    +1 multi bottle bosses
    +1 flat black frame
    neg rep for contributing to thread deterioration and posting useless comment. - wadafuq.

www.fattiremassive.com

mtbr member
    Flat black with shiny black decals would be killer guys!

just ride
    Oct 2006
    So, this is not the 2013 frame that I assume after reading this thread and canfield forum...

Nimble 9 mountain bike frame for downhill or cross-country riding

Also not 1-1/8 head tube and 27.2mm seattube but everything else remain the same?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Aw man, everytime I see a new post I'm hoping it will be the great reveal. And I'm sure someone just got dissappointed clicking on this one.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by WVJon75 View Post
    Aw man, everytime I see a new post I'm hoping it will be the great reveal. And I'm sure someone just got dissappointed clicking on this one.
    Our production sample ships tomorrow. As soon as I have it in our hands, I'll post up the release in a new thread... Thanks for your patience!!!
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 01-20-2013 at 07:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Can't wait to see it!!! (Not that I'm looking for a new frame this season, but stoked either way)

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The anticipation is killing me!! I am by no stretch of the imagination a "bad-ass" like Scott Forty G, but have also cracked the headtube weld on my beloved N9. Racing on a 4-man SS team at the 24hrs at the Old Pueblo mid-Feb, I will unfortunately probably have to transfer all the parts to my old Jabber frame for the race...what a huge contrast in geo's between the two!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by going29AZ View Post
    The anticipation is killing me!! I am by no stretch of the imagination a "bad-ass" like Scott Forty G, but have also cracked the headtube weld on my beloved N9. Racing on a 4-man SS team at the 24hrs at the Old Pueblo mid-Feb, I will unfortunately probably have to transfer all the parts to my old Jabber frame for the race...what a huge contrast in geo's between the two!
    I hear ya! I've been going back and forth on a Yelli Screamy or waiting for the new N9, but fortunately it'll be a complement to my Jabber, which has been great to me in its own way. Anyone care to give me their two cents? ...and please don't say "ditch the Jabber and buy both a Yelli and N9!" Haha! I'm still awaiting thoughts from Mr. "bad-ass" himself, who's also gone through the whole gamut, Jabber to N9 to Yelli.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    I hear ya! I've been going back and forth on a Yelli Screamy or waiting for the new N9, but fortunately it'll be a complement to my Jabber, which has been great to me in its own way. Anyone care to give me their two cents? ...and please don't say "ditch the Jabber and buy both a Yelli and N9!" Haha! I'm still awaiting thoughts from Mr. "bad-ass" himself, who's also gone through the whole gamut, Jabber to N9 to Yelli.
    I have 2 single speeds. 1 Jabberwocky and 1 Nimble 9. They are very different bikes. I originally sold my 1st Jabber in March, and I got a Nimble 9. I fell in love with the N9 right away. My new N9 love left my full suspension bike sitting unused. In reality it had been largely unused for the past 6 months as I had begun riding my single speed everywhere. I eventually sold the full suspension frame, and after I went through a few frames for various reasons I found myself back with a new Jabberwocky frame in November. I primarily use the Jabber for smoother trails and the little bit of racing I do. I use the N9 on the chunkier and steeper trails. I keep the N9 set at 32 x 20 and the Jabber as 32 x 18. All that said, if I could only have 1 bike it would be the N9 no question.

mtbr member
    Gearing aside, what does the Jabber give you over the N9 for the smoother trails?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    IMHO the difference between the N9 and Jabber are night & day. Shorter CS on the N9 make for a snappier ride, works well when I ride more chunk, over rocks and drops. The Jabber's longer TT and CS is more condusive to smoother cross country style riding. The top tube on my small Jabber is the same as on my medium N9. With that being said, as Capt_America stated above, if I had only one choice for a steel HT it would be the N9. Where I live there is a lot of different terrain type, 60 plus miles of smooth single track with long sustained climbs and down the street is miles and miles of granite rock tech chunk that will challenge just about anyone!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by going29AZ View Post
    IMHO the difference between the N9 and Jabber are night & day. Shorter CS on the N9 make for a snappier ride, works well when I ride more chunk, over rocks and drops. The Jabber's longer TT and CS is more condusive to smoother cross country style riding. The top tube on my small Jabber is the same as on my medium N9.
    You pretty much nailed it. I have a large Jabber and a large N9. The N9 ETT is a bit shorter than the Jabberwocky which I like more for the technical trails.

Canfield Brothers

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9... More to come soon!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any 2013 Nimble 9 news?-canfield-brothers-nimble-9-leak.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Dirty trick!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Love, love, love the color. Exactly what I was hoping for!! Welds and top tube are sweet! Now, as far as the brace connecting the top tube to seat tube (not sure of technical term), hmmm...not quite sure how I feel about that, yet. Any teaser shots from the side? Regardless, I think I'll get over it real quick!! Can't wait for more of the reveal!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I feel like Pavlov's dog...

mtbr member
    I'll be in my bunk....

mtbr member
    The teaser looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by dezs3028 View Post
    I'll be in my bunk....
    Jayne rules

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Vin you are such a TEASE! I love it!

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    Vin you are such a TEASE! I love it!
    Haha!!!

mtbr member
    What size is that frame?

Only thing I would be worried about for the bigger guys like myself is how little seatpost would be in the seat tube and it still wouldn't meet the top tube junction. I believe that's one of the reasons why my TransAM frame was cracked at the seat clamp slot, even though I had 100mm + into the frame, it barely made it past that junction.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    What size is that frame?

Only thing I would be worried about for the bigger guys like myself is how little seatpost would be in the seat tube and it still wouldn't meet the top tube junction. I believe that's one of the reasons why my TransAM frame was cracked at the seat clamp slot, even though I had 100mm + into the frame, it barely made it past that junction.
    It's a Large. And yes, the seat tube is FULLY supported. More to come soon!

human dehumidifier
    The top tube is triangular? That's ... different.
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Looks very interesting. I can't wait to see more pics. Now to decide whether I'm going to keep my current large or move to an xl now that the standover is better. I wonder if any of the chages affect the ride and feel of the bike? The different stays are bound to make some difference there one way or the other.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast