Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 301 to 400 of 402
  1. #301
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,362
    New company name is Chumworth Cousins by the way. Has a nice ring to it.

  2. #302
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    13
    The fact that they have low inventory of practically everything is really not a good sign...

    -Vin left
    -No more sponsored riders
    -Super low inventory of everything
    -Every frame on sale

    It doesn't look good.

  3. #303
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VeloRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    What overhead? Their national sales guy Vin left the company, so its probably just the bros no?
    Whereíd he go?

  4. #304
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,362
    Quote Originally Posted by beardsely View Post
    The fact that they have low inventory of practically everything is really not a good sign...

    -Vin left
    -No more sponsored riders
    -Super low inventory of everything
    -Every frame on sale

    It doesn't look good.
    Or they had to scrape together every dollar they could to place orders for several new models. They always did it in a staggered manner but everything stacked up this time.
    They don't have any of the old models because they ordered wisely. Better to sell out than have a thousand too many and have to sell them all to jenson for pennies.

  5. #305
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thrashbarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by beardsely View Post
    The fact that they have low inventory of practically everything is really not a good sign...

    -Vin left
    -No more sponsored riders
    -Super low inventory of everything
    -Every frame on sale

    It doesn't look good.
    Look at the job Vin took, what a great opportunity.

    They were never big on sponsorship, they've said that they don't have deep enough pockets. When a rider gets to a point where they can they move up to a bigger company

    Inventory, it looks to me like they are revamping a large part of their model base, and they are trying to get rid of as much current stock as possible. With new models coming why would they order more of the old models?

  6. #306
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloRyan View Post
    Whereíd he go?
    As posted by madamfunk: What Makes Jansen Art Center’s Vin Quenneville Tick? - WhatcomTalk

  7. #307
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    New company name is Chumworth Cousins by the way. Has a nice ring to it.
    I hope they offer chainstay protectors.

  8. #308
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    New company name is Chumworth Cousins by the way. Has a nice ring to it.
    Personally, I'm excited about the new head badge:

    The 2018 bikes...-0d02abafb74bfe70.jpg

  9. #309
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesb View Post
    personally, i'm excited about the new head badge:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0d02abafb74bfe70.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	1185237
    lol

  10. #310
    moar alike..
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,984
    9'r 9'r...there will be GREEEN links, yes? Come back. Over
    All barks have been rendered into english...

  11. #311
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermatt View Post
    Yes you can order any of their full suspension bikes in at least one size and one color, they clearly have inventory.

    You even get a choice of small or medium in the Toir, but the Balance you can only get Medium and any color you want as long as itís black.

    And the deadline is arbitrary and fabricated, to that I admit freely.

    They arenít selling any bikes, if you canít see that you are not paying attention. I for one am dying to see what they might release for 2018, Iíd order a Carbon Balance today.
    I asked them and Balances are sold out. what is there in the store, is not accurate...
    18 Banshee ?
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  12. #312
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,645
    I have a 2016 large raw balance frame for sale. If anyone is looking for a balance.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  13. #313
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    Same

  14. #314
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    83
    u guys know something most dont ? why are you selling your balances...?
    18 Banshee ?
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  15. #315
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,645
    Nope. Just have too much overlap between my riot and my balance so both are for sale and keeping the one that does not. Too different wheel sizes is hard for me to bounce back and forth between.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  16. #316
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    157
    The aluminum Canfield Balance in its 2017/27.5 version is a great bike - no secrets there. Frankly, I'm not sure that carbon will be much of an improvement. I have a Canyon Strive, Commencal Meta AM 4.2, and a 2017 Balance. Where I find differences, and my personal preference - it is based on frame geometry, and in the case of my clear favorite - there is a much longer Reach and taller stack, oh, and ShapeShifter. But the Balance pedals so well...

  17. #317
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by beardsely View Post
    The fact that they have low inventory of practically everything is really not a good sign...

    -Vin left
    -No more sponsored riders
    -Super low inventory of everything
    -Every frame on sale

    It doesn't look good.
    They were supposed to have the Riot successor out now, but had to make mold change$. When that news broke is when they lit everything up on sale, presumably to obtain cash flow for the mold rework and hunkering down to get through this phase of having no product. I'm pretty sure these guys are lifers. They could be living on a buddy's couch and they'll whittle frames out of wood if needed.

  18. #318
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    I think folks would just appreciate a candid update on how their favorite brand is doing as they head into the spring new bike purchasing exuberance.

  19. #319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    I think folks would just appreciate a candid update on how their favorite brand is doing as they head into the spring new bike purchasing exuberance.
    That would be refreshing

  20. #320
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    I'm pretty sure these guys are lifers. They could be living on a buddy's couch and they'll whittle frames out of wood if needed.
    Bingo!

    And I would still buy them...

  21. #321
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GlennW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    I think folks would just appreciate a candid update on how their favorite brand is doing as they head into the spring new bike purchasing exuberance.
    +1

    That would be good
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

  22. #322
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    129
    Be nice to see some sign of life, no updates to fb or instagram, stop posting in here. Hopefully they are working hard towards a new release thatís going to drop any day now. Balance with a 3kg frame weight including shock makes my pants tight.

  23. #323
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cpolism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermatt View Post
    Be nice to see some sign of life, no updates to fb or instagram, stop posting in here. Hopefully they are working hard towards a new release thatís going to drop any day now. Balance with a 3kg frame weight including shock makes my pants tight.
    I haven't been too worried as of yet, but your post is pretty spot on. There really hasn't been an update in a long time. Even something as simple as "hang in there guys." I worry things are tough for them right now, but still keeping my hopes alive. That carbon teaser shot they posted months ago has me waiting...

  24. #324
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    608
    So... one of three things--

    #1... They are laughing their balls off at the skepticism and letting it play out.

    #2... There is uncertainty as to where they are moving forward and don't want to disclose what's unknown.

    #3... They are on a SWEET biking vacation and will finish the new bike/bikes when they get back!!

  25. #325
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bizarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    468
    Keeping up with this thread... I would love a Nimble 9 but don't know now if I even want to pull the trig at this on the website. After reading this page and calling three times w/ no answer and leaving a mesg and no call back makes me think.. dang. I really wanted this frame. No joke. This is bad.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

  26. #326
    SyT
    SyT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    595
    They're not answering emails, I know that much.

  27. #327
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,699
    No dog in the fight for me as I donít currently own or in the market for Canfield. Doesnít look good, but my fingers are crossed for the best.

    On a factual level, I emailed them last week and got a reply within two hours.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

  28. #328
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    333
    Hey guys,
    Sorry for being quiet.

    We are Alive and Open. Sean does get busy at times, so be patient and give him another call if you don't get through.

    We are getting low on stock on some frames and closing out some old models.
    Pedals and cranks are in stock and killing it as always.


    As for 2018- Nothing I can comment on right now.
    We are in a transition year, for sure.

    We are entertaining some growth options, one of which is a move to Moab.

    Both the new bikes are being ridden and tested as much as we can.
    No release dates yet, as both are not quite ready.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

  29. #329
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    276
    The move to Moab would be cool. Was there last October with our Balances. A fella noticed our bikes and told us about Double Down Bikes which demos Canfields. We had to stop by and pick up a few goodies and shoot the breeze with the guys at the shop. Cool store and cool guys. I've converted three other guys onto Canfield and a fourth might be joining the clan. Best bikes I've ridden in the last twenty years. Keep it up guys!

  30. #330
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MountainBored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    On a factual level, I emailed them last week and got a reply within two hours.
    Me too.

    ...and they told me new, lightweight hardtails in size L won't be ready soon
    :-(
    I might buy a used Yelli. I've got a nice full suspension bike, but my hardtail is from the 1990s

  31. #331
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thrashbarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    66
    It's a real burden being right so often

  32. #332
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrashbarg View Post
    It's a real burden being right so often
    Damn. I was hoping to buy a Chumworth next year

  33. #333
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    26
    A move to Moab would be awesome! They better build their stock up quick as they're going to need it if they do make the move. I plan on taking the Balance to Moab in the fall...maybe I'll get a chance to finally ride a Toir/visit the shop if they can make the transition in such short time.

    Also notice that the Bros site is down for me...maybe we'll see some changes coming soon

  34. #334
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chestont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pb-2-Au View Post
    A move to Moab would be awesome! They better build their stock up quick as they're going to need it if they do make the move. I plan on taking the Balance to Moab in the fall...maybe I'll get a chance to finally ride a Toir/visit the shop if they can make the transition in such short time.

    Also notice that the Bros site is down for me...maybe we'll see some changes coming soon
    Canfield is already partnered with Double Down bike shop in Moab so if you show up there today you can rent a Riot/Toir if you want to try it out.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  35. #335
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrashbarg View Post
    It's a real burden being right so often
    Some one has to be. Suffer well.

  36. #336
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    333
    Site is down for maintenance.

    Mueller subpoenas the bros?

    Click here for five secrets of the hottest enduro babes

  37. #337
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    83
    instagram teasing coninues.. tic tac tic tac
    18 Banshee ?
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  38. #338
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    830

    The New BALANCE?

    The 2018 bikes...-2018-balance.jpg

    Still happy with my 2016 though!

  39. #339
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 Balance.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	1186797

    Still happy with my 2016 though!
    I'd enjoy the hell out of that X-Bike. Super cool project. Brrrraaap.

  40. #340
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    I love it but I want the bros focused on a successful acquisition!

  41. #341
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    333
    Just a little side project I did a couple of years ago.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

  42. #342
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared View Post
    Just a little side project I did a couple of years ago.
    Its rad dude - I would buy it if you put a skull on it and a CB logo.

  43. #343
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    I love it but I want the bros focused on a successful acquisition!
    Successful acquisition? Say what now?

  44. #344
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    I love it but I want the bros focused on a successful acquisition!
    Are we all just gonna ignore this?

  45. #345
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by beardsely View Post
    Are we all just gonna ignore this?
    We are, as it's a joke. Take a moment and read the posts from the last three weeks.

  46. #346
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    157
    Who cares. Just Send It on what youíve got! Saturday is for the Boys. (From last weekend at Windrock with Ethan on the grips.)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #347
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by oldranger View Post
    Who cares. Just Send It on what youíve got! Saturday is for the Boys. (From last weekend at Windrock with Ethan on the grips.)
    I am currently perusing PinkBike Classifieds for a raw '17 Balance or Riot in large and with a build that's close to what I want. I am definitely adding a full-squish to my stable this year (I have an EPO for less aggressive riding), and I'm trying hard to avoid overspending on a Hightower LT or being disappointed with the climbing capabilities of the new Capra or the Wreckoning.

  48. #348
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GlennW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesb View Post
    I'm trying hard to avoid overspending on a Hightower LT or being disappointed with the climbing capabilities of the new Capra or the Wreckoning.
    +1, except the Capra is out of consideration due to PF BB. Canyon Strive and Torque are on the list too...
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

  49. #349
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
    +1, except the Capra is out of consideration due to PF BB. Canyon Strive and Torque are on the list too...
    Ew. I didnít realize the Capra had a PF BB.

  50. #350
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    Real talk to those of you already on a 2016+ Canfield. Why get a new bike? And your carbon obsession (demands) is what got the bros to take a chance on making a plastic bike. I wish they would have never tried to appease you buy a new bike every year folks and stayed true to their roots of building bomb proof bikes for people that like to get rowdy.

  51. #351
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    Real talk to those of you already on a 2016+ Canfield. Why get a new bike? And your carbon obsession (demands) is what got the bros to take a chance on making a plastic bike. I wish they would have never tried to appease you buy a new bike every year folks and stayed true to their roots of building bomb proof bikes for people that like to get rowdy.
    I will say I absolutely love my carbon EPO. Love the frame geo, aesthetics and standover that are all due to carbon. Bummed that carbon turned into such a nightmare for the Bros, but I think that they are going to have to enter that world no matter what, as it seems like that is where the industry as a whole is headed.

  52. #352
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesb View Post
    I am currently perusing PinkBike Classifieds for a raw '17 Balance or Riot in large and with a build that's close to what I want. I am definitely adding a full-squish to my stable this year (I have an EPO for less aggressive riding), and I'm trying hard to avoid overspending on a Hightower LT or being disappointed with the climbing capabilities of the new Capra or the Wreckoning.
    I tested the HTLT and it's a nice bike if you're in need of a bike. But it's not a replacement for the Riot. Granted I have an Avy suspension on my Riot but 10mm of suspension didn't seem to matter. Defiantly wasn't worth spending more money on.

  53. #353
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    I tested the HTLT and it's a nice bike if you're in need of a bike. But it's not a replacement for the Riot. Granted I have an Avy suspension on my Riot but 10mm of suspension didn't seem to matter. Defiantly wasn't worth spending more money on.
    Can you elaborate on the plus/minus of both bikes and how you arrived at that conclusion. Iíve not ridden the Riot and recently demoed the LT and thought it was a decent rig. Demo was on non technical mostly smooth trails though.

  54. #354
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesb View Post
    Can you elaborate on the plus/minus of both bikes and how you arrived at that conclusion. Iíve not ridden the Riot and recently demoed the LT and thought it was a decent rig. Demo was on non technical mostly smooth trails though.
    The LT is a little more stable than the Riot. But the Riot handles better and peddles better, especially in chunky stuff. I felt a little bit of hang up, with square hits or climbing, with the LT that I don't feel with the Riot. Having the tuned suspension helps but Canfield nailed it with an efficient suspension that still can handle chunky stuff. If I road fast and flow more I might lean more towards the LT it's a great bike, but I feel the Riot is better for what I ride.

  55. #355
    rollin
    Reputation: sriracha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    Real talk to those of you already on a 2016+ Canfield. Why get a new bike?

    I purchased a 2017 Balance because I suspected it would be their last all-aluminum frame. I'm a bit old school and just prefer the look of raw or anodized aluminum. I absolutely love the Balance and plan to ride it for at least 3 years.

    And, in reaction to recent Canfield transitional-year news, I just purchased a Nimble 9, before it was too late! Super stoked on the sparkle blue. The frame looks amazing. I will savor this build.

    Hopefully all goes well with the Bros! They make great products.

  56. #356
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dr Gigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    192
    I finally got my '17 Riot put together and am so thoroughly impressed, I would buy whatever new carbon trick they've got up their sleeve just to see how awesome it is. Go Canfield!

  57. #357
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,362
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    Real talk to those of you already on a 2016+ Canfield. Why get a new bike? And your carbon obsession (demands) is what got the bros to take a chance on making a plastic bike. I wish they would have never tried to appease you buy a new bike every year folks and stayed true to their roots of building bomb proof bikes for people that like to get rowdy.
    Dramatic much? If you like your old bike keep it. Otherwise shut your trap about what other adults do with their money. If the company is having issues their extremely loyal customers aren't one of them.

  58. #358
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,423
    Yes, you got a point, but he made a good point as well, most folks looking at a Canfield could care less about carbon, weight, or bling, some might even prefer aluminum.

    Since Iím looking at getting a Riot, I was kinda bummed to hear they are struggling, more so if itís due to making an investment in a cf frame.

    The old saying that ďsteel is realĒ certainly applies to hand built aluminum as well.

    I wish the Bros luck. If they read this, Iíd like to suggest a move to Carson City instead of Moab. Carson City is central to lots of riders in the region (CA, OR, UT), bike parks and free ride galore in Tahoe, up and coming community, small industrial park in CC, larger park in Reno (think Tesla).

    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Dramatic much? If you like your old bike keep it. Otherwise shut your trap about what other adults do with their money. If the company is having issues their extremely loyal customers aren't one of them.

  59. #359
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Yes, you got a point, but he made a good point as well, most folks looking at a Canfield could care less about carbon, weight, or bling, some might even prefer aluminum.
    Indeed. I tried to pick up a Canfield, but no XL's. Ended discovering Guerrilla Gravity and bought one.

    I do really want to ride a riot though, and certainly wish Canfield well as a company. Niche brands are good to have around.
    Last edited by kmj831; 03-25-2018 at 10:49 PM.

  60. #360
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    45
    Anyone have an XL Riot frame that they would be willing to sell, preferably sans shock? As mentioned above, only smaller sizes remain available, at least for the next several months... I'm bummed that I missed the price drop while the larger sizes were available.

    If I had the money, a carbon Riot (with a nice drop in weight) would be incredible. It will be on my short list in a year or two for sure. Having said that, I'm still hoping a 120-130 trail bike is in the works, especially if the Riot gains any travel. They've done a really good job with the current 140, but I can only imagine that a 125 or so rear end would be pretty special for those of us who aren't as aggressive.

  61. #361
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by madsry View Post
    Anyone have an XL Riot frame that they would be willing to sell, preferably sans shock? As mentioned above, only smaller sizes remain available, at least for the next several months... I'm bummed that I missed the price drop while the larger sizes were available.

    If I had the money, a carbon Riot (with a nice drop in weight) would be incredible. It will be on my short list in a year or two for sure. Having said that, I'm still hoping a 120-130 trail bike is in the works, especially if the Riot gains any travel. They've done a really good job with the current 140, but I can only imagine that a 125 or so rear end would be pretty special for those of us who aren't as aggressive.
    I was planning on selling my XL once the bike I am eyeing became available (slated for mid-summer) but I may be willing to help you out. PM me if youíre interested.
    Bikes

  62. #362
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    83

    27.5 ish

    check it out

    The 2018 bikes...-img_9121.png
    18 Banshee ?
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  63. #363
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    276
    [QUOTE=luisgutierod;13600284]check it out

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9121.PNG 
Views:	476 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	1189784[/QUOTE

    I want!!! Raw and metal, I'm drooling.

  64. #364
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,196
    Look at the skull in the gusset between top and down tube!

  65. #365
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    333
    NICE gusset, though I can't imagine that making it to production...

    Also really interesting how they've notched the down tube to accommodate what looks like a really long shock. Lower leverage ratios would be great...

  66. #366
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    470
    You gotta be kidding me?? OMG!!!! I'd have rather not seen that haha

  67. #367
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    235
    Badass! Iím betting the skull gusset does make production. Looking forward to more from the Brothers.

  68. #368
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,699
    Jebus, that pic is awesome.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

  69. #369
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dr Gigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    192
    Damn, I just got my 2017 Riot together, give me a chance to ride it before I gotta buy a new one!

  70. #370
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,274
    That's a DH bike (see: triple clamp, seat level, shock length), no need to go selling your Riot/Balance right now...

  71. #371
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    333
    It has room for a dropper- Lance has one on his.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

  72. #372
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    276
    Already hinted to the wife about this "new" frame and how I might need it. She loves my current Balance but agrees this thing is bad ass! Love the skull gusset, please keep that in production.

  73. #373
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    112
    Looks same class as Darkside and Dellirium, park/super enduro

  74. #374
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GlennW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    401
    Sea Otter coming up... wonder if the guys will be there with anything new...?
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

  75. #375
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    83

    it could have been a Carbon Balance but...

    Ric asked to do a bike check, as he was surprised to see a Canfield in the flesh.. He asked how old was she, told him she's a 16.. he said "She's holding up well"... of courseee...Its a Canfield Enjoy your alloy beasts !!!!!
    The 2018 bikes...-balance_pinkbike_ews.jpg
    18 Banshee ?
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  76. #376
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
    Sea Otter coming up... wonder if the guys will be there with anything new...?
    There isn't Canfield booth in an expo map
    Last edited by talis; 04-06-2018 at 04:26 AM.

  77. #377
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgutierod View Post
    Ric asked to do a bike check, as he was surprised to see a Canfield in the flesh.. He asked how old was she, told him she's a 16.. he said "She's holding up well"... of courseee...Its a Canfield Enjoy your alloy beasts !!!!!

    Don't you think this is more of a sad reflection on the state of bikes that someone is surprised a bike that's a year and 4 months old is still working?

  78. #378
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Don't you think this is more of a sad reflection on the state of bikes that someone is surprised a bike that's a year and 4 months old is still working?
    or that lots of people want the latest & greatest & newer blingier...
    18 Banshee ?
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  79. #379
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Don't you think this is more of a sad reflection on the state of bikes that someone is surprised a bike that's a year and 4 months old is still working?
    Seriously.

  80. #380
    moar alike..
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,984

    short8th..

    Wats a 3g instantgram???



    ps-pretty pls moarpix
    All barks have been rendered into english...

  81. #381
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twd953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgutierod View Post
    or that lots of people want the latest & greatest & newer blingier...
    Sure, people want the newer/blingier, but I would take it more as commentary on how common it is for EWS racers to not to be on the latest model. The assumption would be that the larger manufacturers are going to want the latest model showcased, even if it's just this years paint job/colors.

    Also, I would think that an EWS racer to be putting more miles, and harder miles than the average consumer, and having a sponsored racer break a frame in competition is not a good look. Remember Minaar wrapping his Santa Cruz around a post and then someone trying to hide it from people taking photos? The cost of supplying a team rider with a new race bike far outweights the potential negative publicity of a broken frame showing up on Vital of PB coverage of the EWS.
    No dig no whine

  82. #382
    moar alike..
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,984
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
    Sea Otter coming up... wonder if the guys will be there with anything new...?
    Worried...hope this thread is accurate "2018 bikes", has there been any rough estimates yet? Not sure I can wait till 19
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 2018 bikes...-1189784d1522159735-2018-bikes-img_9121.png  

    Last edited by Deerhill; 04-10-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    All barks have been rendered into english...

  83. #383
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cpolism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Worried...hope this thread is accurate "2018 bikes", has there been any rough estimates yet? Not sure I can wait till 19
    We are all in the dark, man. At this point the Bros said things were delayed and it would be late summer/fall 2018 before the carbon 29er was released. No idea on anything else aside from them considering a relocation.

  84. #384
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    We are all in the dark, man. At this point the Bros said things were delayed and it would be late summer/fall 2018 before the carbon 29er was released. No idea on anything else aside from them considering a relocation.
    Not a relocation I thought, rather a purchase of the company that would put their HQ in the locale of the proposed owner.

  85. #385
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thrashbarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    Not a relocation I thought, rather a purchase of the company that would put their HQ in the locale of the proposed owner.
    I didn't get that feeling at all from the one post from c2, do you have info from a source outside of this thread?

  86. #386
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,071
    you guys are over here freaking out about whatís new for 2018 and Iím over here having a ball on 2016 balance at windrock


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  87. #387
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BTTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    you guys are over here freaking out about whatís new for 2018 and Iím over here having a ball on 2016 balance at windrock


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahaha!
    That's it.

  88. #388
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by raleighguy29 View Post
    you guys are over here freaking out about whatís new for 2018 and iím over here having a ball on 2016 balance at windrock


    sent from my iphone using tapatalk

    2016?

    Unrideable

  89. #389
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
    2016?

    Unrideable
    Thatís what a lot seem to think. I put about 30-35 windrock bike park miles on it over the weekend and the only thing holding it back was me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  90. #390
    moar alike..
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,984

    The 2018 bikes...

    Which bike gets the no flipichip's/ hot swappable 27.5-29.R wheels option, was it both frames?
    All barks have been rendered into english...

  91. #391
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,071
    By the way I saw the cfb downhill bike proto in windrock over the weeekend. Aka skull olio and must say itís bad ass


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  92. #392
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    206
    [QUOTE=ScottieM8;13600396]
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgutierod View Post
    check it out

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9121.PNG 
Views:	476 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	1189784[/QUOTE

    I want!!! Raw and metal, I'm drooling.
    O M F ! I have a 2017 Balance in Raw and a black 2016 Jedi. I love both but I will be replacing the Jedi with this frame.

  93. #393
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,071
    [QUOTE=flatlandersk;13628672]
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieM8 View Post

    O M F ! I have a 2017 Balance in Raw and a black 2016 Jedi. I love both but I will be replacing the Jedi with this frame.
    What size is yo r Jedi I might be interested when the time comes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  94. #394
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtyBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
    2016?

    Unrideable
    love the sarcasm.
    the 2016 is the bomb ride that shreds all gnar. never felt like it would pain me to sell any rig... but the 16 balance... i will cry if i ever have to. my wife won't let me sleep with it 'cause it's dirty. probably a good thing since it's covered in poison oak half the time.

    i worry there's no '18s... how can i be a fanboy with nothing to fanboy about? if i was a gladiator my name would be Concernicus.

    I've bought 4 canfields in a row... please don't make me look at other rigs. I have faith in u guys.

    The 2018 bikes...-enticer.jpg
    Over the Bars - the mtn biking comic

  95. #395
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
    2016?

    Unrideable
    I got overwhelmed with the need to upgrade from my EPO and Riot, so I built up a 2011 The One. Should I even bother riding a 7 year old bike with obsolete sized wheels or is that too distracting for the other trail users that will be laughing at me?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  96. #396
    moar alike..
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,984

    Cool-blue Rhythm Thinking about...

    Doing the same..don't have to deal w/ these modern rubbers @$80 800g (paper thin)..and for short cranks + regular size riders ~ 6ft the slacker sta is comfy
    All barks have been rendered into english...

  97. #397
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by mothertruckinsteve View Post
    I got overwhelmed with the need to upgrade from my EPO and Riot, so I built up a 2011 The One. Should I even bother riding a 7 year old bike with obsolete sized wheels or is that too distracting for the other trail users that will be laughing at me?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011? What do you mean? Is that a new axle standard?

  98. #398
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
    2011? What do you mean? Is that a new axle standard?
    Itís like Boost for Super Boost.

  99. #399
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5
    Does anyone have a large 2016 or 2017 Riot frame they want to sell?

  100. #400
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skyval's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsurgeon View Post
    Does anyone have a large 2016 or 2017 Riot frame they want to sell?
    I PM ya. What are you looking for? I have a med 2016 with Avalanche Woodie shock and CC dbl air Iím probably gonna post up for sale...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3 Days Ago, 04:19 AM
  2. 2018 Pike OR 2018 Push Fox 34 Factory?
    By almazing in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 12:35 PM
  3. Replies: 579
    Last Post: 12-28-2017, 03:37 PM
  4. 2018 Nomad vs 2018 V10
    By cobrakillerta in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 06:26 PM
  5. 2018 Cannondale Mountain Bikes
    By bswenka in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 02:21 PM

Members who have read this thread: 585

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.