Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb_daniel View Post
    I still can't either, and I need to order some pedals! Excited to see the new stuff coming out.
    Same here still and I was about to pull the trigger on a Riot frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If you need pedals or a closeout frame, why not call and see if you can order over the phone?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdapilot View Post
    If you need pedals or a closeout frame, why not call and see if you can order over the phone?

Because I'm lazy and spoiled by the internet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Ive called and spoke with Sean on several occasions. If you leave a VM he'll call back promptly. I ordered mine and my buddies Balance by phone. No biggie...

That Sleestak
    I've been looking at what's available for sale at their store almost daily, now I can't see what I want to buy, even if I don't have the money right now.

You never know when funds might suddenly become available and start burning a hole in your pocket!
    Quote Originally Posted by sito40 View Post
    You guys should chill out. Take some weeds!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdapilot View Post
    why not call and see if you can order over the phone?
    In this day and age, having to call would be an exercise in frustration when dealing with most companies (unless you like waiting on hold or never getting a call back), so I get why it's not the first option that comes to mind for many a lot of folks.

Not so with Canfield, since their customer service is legendary. I've also had really good customer service experiences with DVO and absolutely stellar experience with MRP. Two more companies I want to support.

And I don't think it is a coincidence that you see the Bro's offering DVO and MRP products on their builds. Small, like minded companies with a passion for putting out great products, and great customer service.
    No dig no whine

mtbr member
    Maybe they're getting ready for a Feb launch of new stuff
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    I think it's hard for a small builder to devote a lot of money towards sponsoring a rider at the WC level. I think it'll always be lesser known or up and coming riders, and once they get solid results like Isaak did last year, it's hard to hang on to them if they are in the running for a spot on one of the bigger WC teams.

But yeah, if they are going to be sponsoring somebody racing the WC, or even racers in the US, I'd love to see more social media presence from those riders.
    I think the missing presence in racing at Pro/Elite level, and related media is a reflection of both rider choice and the cost as you mention. The Jedi, while great for a Cat 1 race pace, a bit too short for the speeds at Pro race pace on the tracks they ride. Case in point: Troy Brosnan is 5í7Ē and 140 lbs and the wheelbase on his Medium Sender is 1248mm. 2 cm longer than a Large Jedi. At an amateur level of racing - we also see that longer wheelbase = more speed. Itís <5%, but itís there if you can tap into it and the track warrants it. And that speed can put you up a notch competitively.

Another consideration, both for racing and for freeride: the suspension kinematics are such that dynamic riders have to utilize higher compression settings than are optimal or an air shock to compensate for lack of progression deep in travel. For those that take chances off the ground for speed, or go huge...there are better bike options.

I absolutely love the Jedi, and made it on to a Cat 1 MTB Nats podium on one against a pack of ex-pros. There was even a Jr. MTB Nats Champ on a Jedi! Itís a great bike option for 95% of DH racers. I was really looking forward to running a bigger Canfield DH bike in 2018, still curious to see where the go with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    webstore is working
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

I'm with stupid
    With nothing new

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    With nothing new
    Or at least not that we can see yet.

moar alike..

Aluminum w/gusset photo...

Quote Originally Posted by oldranger View Post
    I think the missing presence in racing at Pro/Elite level, and related media is a reflection of both rider choice and the cost as you mention. The Jedi, while great for a Cat 1 race pace, a bit too short for the speeds at Pro race pace on the tracks they ride. Case in point: Troy Brosnan is 5í7Ē and 140 lbs and the wheelbase on his Medium Sender is 1248mm. 2 cm longer than a Large Jedi. At an amateur level of racing - we also see that longer wheelbase = more speed. Itís <5%, but itís there if you can tap into it and the track warrants it. And that speed can put you up a notch competitively.

Another consideration, both for racing and for freeride: the suspension kinematics are such that dynamic riders have to utilize higher compression settings than are optimal or an air shock to compensate for lack of progression deep in travel. For those that take chances off the ground for speed, or go huge...there are better bike options.

I absolutely love the Jedi, and made it on to a Cat 1 MTB Nats podium on one against a pack of ex-pros. There was even a Jr. MTB Nats Champ on a Jedi! Itís a great bike option for 95% of DH racers. I was really looking forward to running a bigger Canfield DH bike in 2018, still curious to see where the go with it.

Could be wrong, but that last photo in this thread looks to have increased CS / WB...maybe just the angle of the pic...at first glance chainstay's appear to be dialed in a hair longer to me (would have to overlay/scale photo to compare)
    All barks have been rendered into english...

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Could be wrong, but that last photo in this thread looks to have increased CS / WB...maybe just the angle of the pic...at first glance chainstay's appear to be dialed in a hair longer to me (would have to overlay/scale photo to compare)
    Chris had stated in the interview with Dusty that the new bikes (the Riot replacement at least) would be available with 2 different chainstay lengths, perhaps this the longer one.

mtbr member
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared View Post
    Yes !!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Yes !!!!!!

But...16.3 is what the chain stays are now on the Riot. (414mm). Iím confused.

mtbr member
    But...16.3 is what the chain stays are now on the Riot. (414mm). Iím confused.

Hereís the thing. Everybody screamed and cried for short chain stays. The bros delivered what everybody was wanting. Non of the big players could figure out but these guys did. I for one love it. Itís not for everyone and for those people thereís trek and spec. Iíve had my riot at windrock bike park which is crazy steep and fast and had no problems with it. I also have a epo nimble and balance. I for one canít imagine how they can improve such awesome bikes. But if they can I canít wait to ride one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hereís the thing. Everybody screamed and cried for short chain stays. The bros delivered what everybody was wanting. Non of the big players could figure out but these guys did. I for one love it. Itís not for everyone and for those people thereís trek and spec. Iíve had my riot at windrock bike park which is crazy steep and fast and had no problems with it. I also have a epo nimble and balance. I for one canít imagine how they can improve such awesome bikes. But if they can I canít wait to ride one.

Ok - so youíre stoked they are staying with that. I think thatís cool too.

The Riot is an absolute blast the way itís built in the current model. Itís unique, and a freaking blast to ride. I have ridden the Riot at Windrock too!! In fact, I wanted to race it last year there in a single crown class. It was so fast in an off camber section (29er factor at play) that the only reason I didnít race it (and used my Balance instead) was due to the fact that my 140mm MRP Stage doesnít take a 203mm brake rotor. The bike was too fast for my brakes!! No joke. So fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared View Post
    Amen

mtbr member
    Ok - so youíre stoked they are staying with that. I think thatís cool too.

The Riot is an absolute blast the way itís built in the current model. Itís unique, and a freaking blast to ride. I have ridden the Riot at Windrock too!! In fact, I wanted to race it last year there in a single crown class. It was so fast in an off camber section (29er factor at play) that the only reason I didnít race it (and used my Balance instead) was due to the fact that my 140mm MRP Stage doesnít take a 203mm brake rotor. The bike was too fast for my brakes!! No joke. So fun.

Iíve got mine dvo front and back and was able to keep up with some guys on big bikes I was there with. Iím taking my balance there end of February

I'm with stupid

I too like the way they ride. Now drop a few lbs of frame weight off and make the riot 160mm fork compatible with a 1 piece link and boom. A Riot MB.

mtbr member
    I too like the way they ride. Now drop a few lbs of frame weight off and make the riot 160mm fork compatible with a 1 piece link and boom. A Riot MB.

I know a lot of people want the longer fork on the riot but for me and this is me the 140 gives me no issues when I decided o wanted more I got a balance now the one piece rear link thatís the only place I can see improvement. This is me. I donít race my riot I just ride it for fun Iíve had mine across several states. But I can see some people wanting more fork.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I know a lot of people want the longer fork on the riot but for me and this is me the 140 gives me no issues when I decided o wanted more I got a balance now the one piece rear link thatís the only place I can see improvement. This is me. I donít race my riot I just ride it for fun Iíve had mine across several states. But I can see some people wanting more fork.

For tight chunky single track the riot is best bike I've ridden. When it does get overwhelmed you're pretty deep in chunk or going pretty fast. I personally would love a bike to go along with the riot for the rides the riot gets overwhelmed. If the Balance took 9er wheels I'd have one. If I can't fit the next 29er I'll probably get one. But I'd rather have the grip and rollover of 29er wheels.

mtbr member

I agree, I've ridden a lot of bikes and there has been nothing like the Riot. It's easily the most fun and most versatile bike I've experienced. I just took off my 140 Pike from the Riot to put on the Nimble 9. I toyed with the idea of getting a 150 Pike but realistically the 140 is perfect 95% of the time. This includes extremely aggressive and technical trails. I don't want to jeopardize the poppy/playfulness of the bike nor create any possible front wheel lift with a longer fork. On went another 140 Pike (2018)...I don't see any need to change this bike other than a one piece rocker link.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Only 23 days left in February, are we going to get an update in the next 3 weeks?

moar alike..
    Zero stack HT?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Zero stack HT?
    Based on the picture from post 167 it doesn't appear so.
    2017 Canfield Riot

mtbr member
    I'm glad that new Capra doesn't have a threaded BB, I could be tempted otherwise....

Anyone got any more insider pics, news or rumours to keep the stoke going for something new from CB?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
    I'm glad that new Capra doesn't have a threaded BB, I could be tempted otherwise....
    I donít want to be tempted, but I am definitely tempted. 170mm, insane spec for just $5,199. Someone please update me with something Canfield...stat.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesb View Post
    I donít want to be tempted, but I am definitely tempted. 170mm, insane spec for just $5,199. Someone please update me with something Canfield...stat.
    Yeah, downside is horst link vs. Canfield's suspension linkage. If I was shopping for a Canfield competitor, I would probably look at the Pivot Firebird...DW link, carbon, boost, slightly longer reach, and VERY similar angles. My buddy just got one and it checks all the right boxes, plus you can find them used on PB.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidermatt View Post
    Only 23 days left in February, are we going to get an update in the next 3 weeks?
    Hate to burst anyone's bubble but as someone who pre-ordered a Riot in 2015 you might not want to hold your breath (2 month delay, production issues, blah blah blah). There is no good reason to buy a first-production-year bike, especially if you're itching to have something to ride soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    Yeah, downside is horst link vs. Canfield's suspension linkage.
    Whew...thank you for talking some sense into me. Crisis averted.

There is no good reason to buy a first-production-year bike, especially if you're itching to have something to ride soon.
    Well, someone has to buy them...probably me. Ha.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Yeah, downside is horst link vs. Canfield's suspension linkage.
    Wait a second...the Capra is a four-bar design like VPP and CBF, not a horst.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    They claim good peddling with a flat leverage ratio. This could be great, much like Canfield. Or terrible. Id wait for ride reports at least.

I'm with stupid
    This where I think all rider direct prices should be. They cut out a huge middle man ( LBS) so if they are still paying the same price at the factory but now we dont have to pay the 30+% mark up from the LBS then prices should fall inline with this. That is until the big manufactures get greedy and realize people still want to pay 10k for a carbon bike and they hike the price up 30% and we are back where we started. Love it or hate it the LBS and the big brands profit margins are all going to take a hit. I am very tempted to buy one, I can get a amazing spec carbon bike for the price of a yeti frame with a push 11-6 on it. Other than "brand loyalty" and trust in quality it is a consumer no brainier. YT is the walmart of the bike industry when they first came out it was kinda sketchy, didnt know what you were going to get, off brand no name parts spec, and a wonder is it going to fall apart. But just like walmart they brought name brand parts and things in for a fraction of what others were doing and are now taking over the world........... well almost. I hope the smaller companies like Canfield do not get eaten up by this shift in the industry and can find a way to make it work but hopefully it means that I/we dont have to take out a second mortgage to buy a new carbon bike in 2020.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I currently own a Riot and have raced on a Balance (a loaner). This fall I had a chance to ride the new Pivot Firebird. Without going into too many details, I wasn't very impressed with the Firebird. It does not compare to the ride quality of CBF.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsurgeon View Post
    I currently own a Riot and have raced on a Balance (a loaner). This fall I had a chance to ride the new Pivot Firebird. Without going into too many details, I wasn't very impressed with the Firebird. It does not compare to the ride quality of CBF.
    I personally don't like DW link on chunky trails. With out sounding fanboy, Canfield has something special with an efficient suspension that doesn't hang up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post

Anyone got any more insider pics, news or rumours to keep the stoke going for something new from CB?

Nothing wrong with PF BB, they cured most of the issues with thread-together PF BB.

mtbr member
    wrong

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    They claim good peddling with a flat leverage ratio. This could be great, much like Canfield. Or terrible. Id wait for ride reports at least.
    Specialized claims their bikes pedal great too! And with enough shock platform, they sure do...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Look again!

moar alike..
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyandhisBike View Post
    Based on the picture from post 167 it doesn't appear so.
    Was looking at 152, missed 167, nice looking rocker thar

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    With an FSR type suspension if they built enough platform/ antisquat to peddle well, I'd be suspicious how well it handles chunk. Look at the Norco, on paper it looks good. But so may complain about hang up and kick back....If it the new YT needs a climb switch, get a Knolly at least messing with a switch will be grin inducing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    What happens if Canfield goes out of business or sells? Are the pivot service parts easy to find generic versions of?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    wrong
    Look again!
    I learned something today. I thought the horst link's signifying characteristic was a vertically mounted shock. Now I see the pivot on the chainstay. So, Transition uses a horst link, as well?

I'm with stupid
    Giddy up is fsr with a fancy name and different frame kinematics. Same with knolly 4x4. Norco also fsr and specialized, also looks like GTs now DH bike will be as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I learned something today. I thought the horst link's signifying characteristic was a vertically mounted shock. Now I see the pivot on the chainstay. So, Transition uses a horst link, as well?
    AFAIK and just generally speaking, most bikes are some variant of a horst link except for DW-link, VPP, and Canfield (CBF). And of course, single-pivot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    AFAIK and just generally speaking, most bikes are some variant of a horst link except for DW-link, VPP, and Canfield (CBF). And of course, single-pivot.
    Not all Horst Link bikes are bad, and not all multi-link bikes are good.

mtbr member
    This where I think all rider direct prices should be. They cut out a huge middle man ( LBS) so if they are still paying the same price at the factory but now we dont have to pay the 30+% mark up from the LBS then prices should fall inline with this. That is until the big manufactures get greedy and realize people still want to pay 10k for a carbon bike and they hike the price up 30% and we are back where we started. Love it or hate it the LBS and the big brands profit margins are all going to take a hit. I am very tempted to buy one, I can get a amazing spec carbon bike for the price of a yeti frame with a push 11-6 on it. Other than "brand loyalty" and trust in quality it is a consumer no brainier. YT is the walmart of the bike industry when they first came out it was kinda sketchy, didnt know what you were going to get, off brand no name parts spec, and a wonder is it going to fall apart. But just like walmart they brought name brand parts and things in for a fraction of what others were doing and are now taking over the world........... well almost. I hope the smaller companies like Canfield do not get eaten up by this shift in the industry and can find a way to make it work but hopefully it means that I/we dont have to take out a second mortgage to buy a new carbon bike in 2020.
    This.

When I can buy a great spec base level aluminum Capra 29 for a few hundred more than some aluminum frames...no brainer.

$2500 for that Capra aluminum...wow. New baseline set for bang for 'yer buck.

mtbr member
    Not all Horst Link bikes are bad, and not all multi-link bikes are good.
    Exactly! I have to laugh at some of these posts like dumping all DW link bikes into how Pivot does their iteration (works great climbing but... not so much descending) as I owned an Iron Horse 7 Point (DW link) that was a phenomenal descender (better than my Balance) from an active suspension standpoint but it pedaled and climbed like garbage (I love my Balance, trust me). Kind if like saying Santa Cruz's VPP behaves exactly the same as Diamondback's iteration... LOL!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    What happens if Canfield goes out of business or sells? Are the pivot service parts easy to find generic versions of?
    Out of business = we're probably screwed

Bought out = we'll probably still be able to get parts

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beardsely View Post
    Out of business = we're probably screwed

Bought out = we'll probably still be able to get parts
    I love these guys and their bikes, but lately seems probable that they sell. I am curious about what firm buys such a low volume boutique brand. Maybe just a private sale to another small group of investors.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I love these guys and their bikes, but lately seems probable that they sell. I am curious about what firm buys such a low volume boutique brand. Maybe just a private sale to another small group of investors.
    Whatever happens, I hope it happens soon so we won't have to wait much longer to find out what's going on.

mtbr member
    I think you guys are getting carried away

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    this

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    passion gets you carried away I guess.. haha that didn't come out right..
    anyway, somebody is laughing behind us I hope. Release those bikes already damn it.
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Lol, so since they won't give us (and their competitors) an idea on what is coming. They're going out of business.

If information is correct. A 200mm bike that peddles well and takes both wheel sizes...noone else is doing that. They're probably trying to make sure of that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Seriously though...practically everything is on sale and they have low inventory of almost all frames (they hardly have any larges or x-larges available). They don't sponsor anyone big anymore (I think the people they do sponsor are largely sponsored by bike shops). They're not giving us any clues as to when they might be dropping something. Normally you see them say something about a bike being dropped soon.

I'm just sayin'...I wouldn't be surprised

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    How about selling their dated inventory to fund two new bikes for 2018. One is probably carbon. That's a lot of overhead especially the molds for the carbon. Car dealer aren't going out of business when the liquidate the older models to fund the newer ones.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    How about selling their dated inventory to fund two new bikes for 2018. One is probably carbon. That's a lot of overhead especially the molds for the carbon. Car dealer aren't going out of business when the liquidate the older models to fund the newer ones.
    Then they must be running on razor thin margins if they're selling off everything to fund two new bikes that supposedly aren't going to be available until later this year.

mtbr member
    You mentioned Iron Horse....They went out of business in 2008 I believe. That's the year I got my Iron Horse 6Point. This year I decided to give it a full rebuild and makeover. I replaced every pivot bearing, new drive train, serviced the fork, and gave it a paint job. It used to be Army Green. I don't need a wheel set but those options (26") are certainly dwindling.

It's an absolutely phenomenal bike, but uses chain tension in its suspension kinematics. That's a huge advantage with Canfield...chain tension isn't there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 2018 bikes...-20171101_154638.jpg  

The 2018 bikes...-20171101_154458.jpg  

The 2018 bikes...-20180126_121122.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    When the Riot was introduced not much was like it. Now you can get a carbon YT Jeffsy if you don't care about peddle efficiency. And with so many Specialized bikes on the trails. Most people don't care. 99% of the people who would buy a Riot or Balance at full price have already.
    this thread is about 2018 bike prediction and not how CB run their business prediction. So I'm stopping now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    You mentioned Iron Horse....They went out of business in 2008 I believe. That's the year I got my Iron Horse 6Point. This year I decided to give it a full rebuild and makeover. I replaced every pivot bearing, new drive train, serviced the fork, and gave it a paint job. It used to be Army Green. I don't need a wheel set but those options (26") are certainly dwindling.

It's an absolutely phenomenal bike, but uses chain tension in its suspension kinematics. That's a huge advantage with Canfield...chain tension isn't there.
    That's a nice looking bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    When the Riot was introduced not much was like it. Now you can get a carbon YT Jeffsy if you don't care about peddle efficiency. And with so many Specialized bikes on the trails. Most people don't care. 99% of the people who would by a Riot or Balance at full price have already.
    this thread is about 2018 bike prediction and not how CB run their business prediction. So I'm stopping now.
    I only bring it up because I think there's a chance that there might not actually BE any 2018 bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    There are hundreds of reasons why they might not be giving more information. Santa Cruz doesn't go by strict model years because they wait until they feel like a bike is ready. If you can't wait for a Canfield, I assure you there are other options. Also, I can't remember if it was corrected or not but the YT bikes are very progressive and it worries me that the Canfield may be too linear for my liking. That is my main complaint with my current bike. Bicycles evoke a lot of emotion, and I myself am SUPER amped to know about what they are working on, but worst case scenario, I ride the bike I have for one more year. I am very tempted to get the 29er Capra and run it with a DH fork for a year until more affordable 29DH bikes are available. It's gonna be OK.

mtbr member
    +1

Speculation is getting wild in here.

Hopefully new bikes soon.

mtbr member
    Maybe they're just sick of the rain and want to move to the desert but don't want to ship all their current stock there.

mtbr member

NICE! Put a -2 deg angleset on her... that gets the high bottom bracket down, lengthens the wheelbase and gives modern geometry. I ran a gen 1 Lyrik 180 w/ DH damper on mine converted to coil with an Avy rear shock tuned to the regressive stroke of IHís DW link iteration. Was pure magic at speed; never should have sold mine! The only thing I didnít like was the long chainstays made it difficult to manual for me with my short meer cat legs! It is a bummer how that company came apart with all that rider talent.

Have FUN!

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

moar alike..

Lets see some candy

Last xmas, I remember seeing the black w/ blue links jedi, hot off the press...can't wait to see the 2018colors

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Only 14 days left in February! Are we getting closer to launch or further away?

mtbr member
    Yes, I agree GMan. As much as I love the IH 6Point and other bikes I've owned, there has never been a bike as fun as the Riot. I imagine those super short chain stays are the major reason behind this. Nice to hear that's not changing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Yeah 6point!

Seems there's quite some overlap between Canfield and 6/7 Point fans! Here's mine, can't convince myself to sell it. Thinking of switching to 180 Lyriks (old), and a longer stroke shock, just for fun.

The 2018 bikes...-6point.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drLEE View Post
    Seems there's quite some overlap between Canfield and 6/7 Point fans! Here's mine, can't convince myself to sell it. Thinking of switching to 180 Lyriks (old), and a longer stroke shock, just for fun.
    Nice bike. The 6 point has the same rear triangle as the 7 point so definitely go with the longer stroke rear shock (get coil-over with LOW tune for rebound and compression) and then the -2 deg works components headset (that's what I did). Slap on a 170-180 gen 1 Lyrik and you will have a fun and inexpensive mini DH rig.

Have FUN!

G MAN

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FrederickEngineering View Post
    Frida Ronning just posted this. I can't tell if it's 27.5 or 29. It would be sick if they had a 29DH bike available for this summer. Attachment 1178275
    I really like the look of this bike and have been looking at the photo a lot, wondering what made it look so unique to me. I just figured it out what wheelsize its running. Its both! Neat that they are maybe testing bikes designed around that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    9 more days in February, is it safe to say at this point nothing new is going to drop this month?

mtbr member
    No, there's 9 more days

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    No, there's 9 more days
    Optimism at its finest, now 8 Days.

mtbr member
    I'm lost. Did they make a statement saying there would be an announcement in February?

mtbr member
    Not that i recall

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    So I just saw some pics from the bootleg race this weekend and it looked like Lance was riding a dual crown 29" balance. Maybe the wheels were 27.5 but they look big. His number was 171.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    I'm lost. Did they make a statement saying there would be an announcement in February?
    Facts? This is a forum, we don't need no stinkin facts. Speculate and let it marinate.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermatt View Post
    facts? This is a forum, we don't need no stinkin facts. Speculate and let it marinate.
    yaass!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I'm hoping for a true 29+ Nimble 9.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by slowride454 View Post
    I'm hoping for a true 29+ Nimble 9.
    That would be cool.

Especially rigid.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the new carbon Riot. It can't come soon enough.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Ok, so tomorrow is the last day of February. Canfield hasnít sold a bike in 2 months. The going out of business is theory is gaining credibility. How long can a company stay in business loosing money? No sales plus overhead equals pain.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Ok, so tomorrow is the last day of February. Canfield hasnít sold a bike in 2 months. The going out of business is theory is gaining credibility. How long can a company stay in business loosing money? No sales plus overhead equals pain.
    What overhead? Their national sales guy Vin left the company, so its probably just the bros no?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Is that supposed to make us feel better or worse? The Bros gotta eat donít they?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Is that supposed to make us feel better or worse? The Bros gotta eat donít they?
    What Makes Jansen Art Center’s Vin Quenneville Tick? - WhatcomTalk
    Maybe they are bitcoin millionaires though?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    As good a theory as any at this point...

SyT
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    What overhead? Their national sales guy Vin left the company, so its probably just the bros no?
    Officers salaries are far from a companies only expense even when you 're subbing out the manufacturing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Seriously, why would so much mystic be surrounded around 2 different bikes if they planed on closing their doors. Maybe they are out partying, giving beads to see tatas.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I certainly hope they aren't in trouble. But from some of the little things I've gathered in my observations, they've always run a pretty lean ship. They haven't done any of the things that other companies that racked up massive debt and went under have done. I have faith they will surprise everyone with 2 or 3 new frames at one time and be slammed with orders again.

mtbr member
    Where do you get that they haven't sold any bikes?

thanks for posting this. Congrats Vin! I read this as he had a great opportunity, not abandoning a sinking ship.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Because they have no inventory in the webstore

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Because they have no inventory in the webstore
    This is a fantastic point. Aside from Jedis, Balances, Toirs, EPOs, and Nimble 9s it seems they may be out of stock on frames.

There are pictures of two bikes in this thread that appear to be new bikes, and itís pretty well documented that an updated carbon version of the Toir saw some delays but is still scheduled to drop later this year. Off of memory the details of the Riot were dropped in April, the EPO was more like June/July, the Boost Nimble 9 was announced in late summer...but all that said, yeah, if they donít drop some serious news by your arbitrary deadline of tomorrow Iím sure it means theyíre going out of business.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Yes you can order any of their full suspension bikes in at least one size and one color, they clearly have inventory.

You even get a choice of small or medium in the Toir, but the Balance you can only get Medium and any color you want as long as itís black.

And the deadline is arbitrary and fabricated, to that I admit freely.

They arenít selling any bikes, if you canít see that you are not paying attention. I for one am dying to see what they might release for 2018, Iíd order a Carbon Balance today.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Yes you can order any of their full suspension bikes in at least one size and one color, they clearly have inventory.

You even get a choice of small or medium in the Toir, but the Balance you can only get Medium and any color you want as long as itís black.

And the deadline is arbitrary and fabricated, to that I admit freely.

They arenít selling any bikes, if you canít see that you are not paying attention. I for one am dying to see what they might release for 2018, Iíd order a Carbon Balance today.
    You used to be able to order those frames in more colors and sizes, seems like thatís no longer an option because they sold almost everything they hoped to sell; sounds bad for business!

Yeah, yeah, yeah a lot of sales were at a discount; call me crazy, but Iím gonna put faith in the guys who know every facet of their company to have sold this frames at a profit margin that works for them rather than putting said faith in forum speculation...

I'm with stupid
    You guys are killing me! I have faith plus, If you keep up this talk I won't be able give away my riot I'm trying sell or the balance frame for sale so I have cash to afford whatever new carbon wonder bike they are coming out with...... so for the sake of my wallet ssshhh stop with the Exception speculation please.

Also they would not have gone through the trouble of coming out with CBF if they were just going to kill the brand.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Ok guys, here's the truth. Tony Elllsworth and Alan Kang have teamed up to purchase Canfield. Big announcement coming soon. Instead of new frames, they're just going to have thousands more of the old models made in tiger stripe ano colorways. Support will be absolute dogshit, but at least there will be lots of frames to buy in the web store - as one of you is desperately requesting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast