Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 419
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Oh noooo that is against the rules. Pick a wheel size and be a dick about it. I thought that is how it went.

    Now is this a The One 2.0 or Jedi 29er that is the real question.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like the bike will be a dick about everything. Looking forward to hearing about geo, and how well it can peddle. Assuming it has Canfields current suspension design.

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    334
    Neither
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    New DH bike with Balance rear suspension at 8Ē?

  4. #104
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared View Post
    Neither
    The anticipation is killing me. What bike am I buying from you in a few months haha

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    671
    Fingers crossed it's actually a mid travel bike... Can't imagine needing much more than my Balance for anything aside from DH at race pace. Carbon new version of Riot is what I'm hoping for!!!

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    New DH bike, Balance linkage, 200mm, 29er....sounds cool, but reallly I hope there is more. Looking for Carbon Balance or Riot,

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GlennW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    404
    I hope the new bike(s) are revealed & available soon, need something to do (like a new bike build project) if we don't get much snow over the winter and snowboarding is a non-starter!
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    303
    I hope its something gnarlier than the wreckoning but not quite full DH bike.

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    I hope its something gnarlier than the wreckoning but not quite full DH bike.
    c'mon you sure know something...
    you can see an 11/6 shock on the video teaser... if the convention is followed, this shock is not for DH bikes, so... ; )
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  10. #110
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    This thing needs to hurry up and be shown. Starting to get all stir crazy.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,568
    I'm thinking when Canfield put out the Balance and Riot. They were were considered long travel trail bikes. Now everyone has bikes in the 140-170 range depending on wheel size that can pedal well. Its time for Canfield to set new standards again.

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgutierod View Post
    c'mon you sure know something...
    you can see an 11/6 shock on the video teaser... if the convention is followed, this shock is not for DH bikes, so... ; )
    Good point doubt they make a new shock for the Bros. Longest 11-6 I can find is 165mm. I do expect the Bros to push the limit with travel though

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    303

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    They should come up with a new range of bikes, all their dual susp ones were fire sold.
    A bike with more than ~170mm of travel loses "the one bike" concept (one you can race, huck, fool around and get lost on a trail)... we all know that the bros never put the "E" word when they describe the balance, for example, but they very well know its a very raceable machine....

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgutierod View Post
    They should come up with a new range of bikes, all their dual susp ones were fire sold.
    A bike with more than ~170mm of travel loses "the one bike" concept (one you can race, huck, fool around and get lost on a trail)... we all know that the bros never put the "E" word when they describe the balance, for example, but they very well know its a very raceable machine....
    People said the same thing with 160mm but the Balance is an awesome trail bike you can race. So I'm at least curious about this bike....even though I'd be happy with a Balance that can take 29er wheels.

  16. #116
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    People said the same thing with 160mm but the Balance is an awesome trail bike you can race. So I'm at least curious about this bike....even though I'd be happy with a Balance that can take 29er wheels.
    This. Sign me up.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    334
    200mm
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

  18. #118
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    200?

    Well sign me up too.
    I will have small ( epo)
    Medium ( riot)
    Large ( balance)
    Norwegian ( mystery bike)

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twd953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    People said the same thing with 160mm but the Balance is an awesome trail bike you can race.
    True, but combining Chris's hints of 200 mm travel, option for 27/29, racing his balance all year with a dual crown, and the fire sale on Jedi frames (which I took full advantage of thank you Bros!) leads me to believe those hints are all directed at a Jedi replacement.

    While the CBF suspension really is amazing, 200 mm of travel still has some drawbacks when the trail points somewhere other than straight down. My '17 balance is a far better all around bike than my '13 The One, even if it isn't quite as plush and bottomless feeling.

    And while those 2 bikes have different wheel size, chainstay lengths, and linkage designs that don't make for a perfect apples to apples comparison, 200 mm of travel still generates a lot of sag/head angle slackening on steep seated climbs (even more so for us tall riders with very long legs). And 200 mm of travel has a lot of sag to overcome when trying to loft the bike up/over obstacles at lower speeds (i.e. trying climb up a trail with stair step ledges).

    I think a 200 mm CBF bike could be a replacement for the Jedi as well as cover the niche that The One used to fill (pedal friendly FR/Mini DH), but won't have the all around trail manners of the 165mm Balance.

    If I recall correctly, the carbon Riot/Toir was delayed til later in '18 due to some clearance issues. I have to believe there is at least one other bike in works if the current aluminum models that were/are being closed out won't be returning to the lineup.

    Lots of speculation and anticipation, but I'm sure whatever the Bros have cooking will be amazing.

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    True, but combining Chris's hints of 200 mm travel, option for 27/29, racing his balance all year with a dual crown, and the fire sale on Jedi frames (which I took full advantage of thank you Bros!) leads me to believe those hints are all directed at a Jedi replacement.

    While the CBF suspension really is amazing, 200 mm of travel still has some drawbacks when the trail points somewhere other than straight down. My '17 balance is a far better all around bike than my '13 The One, even if it isn't quite as plush and bottomless feeling.

    And while those 2 bikes have different wheel size, chainstay lengths, and linkage designs that don't make for a perfect apples to apples comparison, 200 mm of travel still generates a lot of sag/head angle slackening on steep seated climbs (even more so for us tall riders with very long legs). And 200 mm of travel has a lot of sag to overcome when trying to loft the bike up/over obstacles at lower speeds (i.e. trying climb up a trail with stair step ledges).

    I think a 200 mm CBF bike could be a replacement for the Jedi as well as cover the niche that The One used to fill (pedal friendly FR/Mini DH), but won't have the all around trail manners of the 165mm Balance.

    If I recall correctly, the carbon Riot/Toir was delayed til later in '18 due to some clearance issues. I have to believe there is at least one other bike in works if the current aluminum models that were/are being closed out won't be returning to the lineup.

    Lots of speculation and anticipation, but I'm sure whatever the Bros have cooking will be amazing.
    Hope it will be amazing and risks are calculated. You simply cannot drop from your line up a bike in the 160-170mm travel bracket + mid wheel size...
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  21. #121
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,505
    200mm One 2.9(er) Would be a very interesting & innovative release. What's the longest travel non-DH fork now? 170mm I think.

  22. #122
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    He did say it's not a 29er the one or 29er jedi when I brought that up. So it's a whole new beast

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,568
    At 200mm I want to know how it behaves. I haven't ridden a lot of different CB set ups. But have tried a Riot,Balance and Jedi. All of them were very manuvrable and pedaled good, even the Jedi didn't suck under human power.

  24. #124
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    He did say it's not a 29er the one or 29er jedi when I brought that up. So it's a whole new beast

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Heh - call it the Canfield Two then ( C2 for carbon) . 200mm 27.5 (+?) or 200mm 29er - two bikes in one!

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigcrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    True, but combining Chris's hints of 200 mm travel, option for 27/29, racing his balance all year with a dual crown, and the fire sale on Jedi frames (which I took full advantage of thank you Bros!) leads me to believe those hints are all directed at a Jedi replacement.

    While the CBF suspension really is amazing, 200 mm of travel still has some drawbacks when the trail points somewhere other than straight down. My '17 balance is a far better all around bike than my '13 The One, even if it isn't quite as plush and bottomless feeling.

    And while those 2 bikes have different wheel size, chainstay lengths, and linkage designs that don't make for a perfect apples to apples comparison, 200 mm of travel still generates a lot of sag/head angle slackening on steep seated climbs (even more so for us tall riders with very long legs). And 200 mm of travel has a lot of sag to overcome when trying to loft the bike up/over obstacles at lower speeds (i.e. trying climb up a trail with stair step ledges).

    I think a 200 mm CBF bike could be a replacement for the Jedi as well as cover the niche that The One used to fill (pedal friendly FR/Mini DH), but won't have the all around trail manners of the 165mm Balance.

    If I recall correctly, the carbon Riot/Toir was delayed til later in '18 due to some clearance issues. I have to believe there is at least one other bike in works if the current aluminum models that were/are being closed out won't be returning to the lineup.

    Lots of speculation and anticipation, but I'm sure whatever the Bros have cooking will be amazing.
    This is the most sensible response this thread has seen.

  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    This is the most sensible response this thread has seen.
    Yeah... but... somehow I doubt the "hints" that Chris is dropping are reliable.

    I think we're being trolled to keep the hype going...

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twd953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    Yeah... but... somehow I doubt the "hints" that Chris is dropping are reliable.

    I think we're being trolled to keep the hype going...
    Definitely some hype generation going on, but I'm not seeing any inconsistencies in the hints in relations to a 200 mm bike.

    Looking back at the Leogang thread you can see the Vital video of Isak Leivsson riding the prototype that I am hard pressed to tell the difference from a Balance (linkage and rear triangle), and Isak confirmed on IG that is was 8 inch travel, so not just a Balance with a dual crown. That dual crown looked to be a standard Fox 40 (i.e. 27.5) as opposed to a 49, so that neither confirms or disproves that it will be both 27.5/29 compatible, but I don't think the 49 forks were widely available at that point.

    I'm fine with the hype, I added two Canfields to the stable in 2017, so I've got plenty of time for the Canfield lineup to solidify before I'm back in the market.

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    105
    So nobody saw Chris's post on Facebook yet?

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 13.27.57 PM.png
Views: 2951
Size:  205.7 KB

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by drLEE View Post
    So nobody saw Chris's post on Facebook yet?

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 13.27.57 PM.png
Views: 2951
Size:  205.7 KB
    not interested in a dH bike at the moment, but like I said, there has to be a Balance replacement/upgrade..
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    334
    Sean just said to me yesterday-
    that it could be the fastest bike we have ever built.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Skeeter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    511

    The 2018 bikes...

    Dang Iím torn. Finger is on the trigger to purchase a clearance 2017 EPO but part of me is curious whatís on tap for 2018 too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GlennW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    404
    Hmmm, Transition just announced a carbon Sentinel. Anyone ridden one of those (Alu version) and a Riot/Toir?
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    303
    I have and brother the Sentinel is no where near the league of a Canfield bike. Transition is hurting right now for a reason. You can't make minor tweaks to the tried and true horst pivot and charge big S prices with Walmart aesthetic and expect success. I'm enjoying my Canfields and will wait for whatever the next two frames are.
    Last edited by madamfunk; 12-28-2017 at 06:48 PM.

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
    Hmmm, Transition just announced a carbon Sentinel. Anyone ridden one of those (Alu version) and a Riot/Toir?
    Transition bikes don't pedal as well or eat the bumps as well.

  35. #135
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by madamfunk View Post
    I have and brother the Sentinel is no where near the league of a Canfield bike. Transition is hurting right now for a reason. You can't make minor tweaks to the tried and true horst pivot and charge big S prices with Walmart aesthetic and expect success. I'm enjoying my Canfields and will have wait for whatever the next two frames are.
    I think the reason they "might" be hurting. I cannot see how with all the press and sales the patrol got. Would be that they kinda painted themselves into a corner with the whole new fork offset stuff. The market is so saturated with "the next big thing and new standard" bs people do not want to invest in another grand idea that might be dead next year. I know quite a few people that have said they wonder if it is any better but would not pay brand new big bike company prices to find out. So I think sales might hurt for a bit. It's like cannondale and the lefty thing. Having part specific combinations never ends well for anyone other than the diehard fanboys.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GlennW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    404
    I see the comments on PB now. I'll go back to waiting...
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cpolism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennW View Post
    I see the comments on PB now. I'll go back to waiting...
    Yeah, it would be worth trying out. Iím still patiently waiting on the updated carbon Riot, but seeing this new bikes released is so hard. The carbon Sentinal looks pretty sick, but like hitechredneck stated, itís yet another new (unproven) geo being tossed at us. Not sure if being an early buyer is the best on this one, but who knows.

    Iíll say this...Iíve been a 29er fan for a while. Last year I rode the carbon Scout and that bike blew my mind. What a blast. In saying that, here I am still rocking the ole trusty riot. 2018 will be a fun one.

  38. #138
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    So its 2018....Whats coming out?

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100

    Alloy carbon everything

    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    So its 2018....Whats coming out?
    Apparently a lot. Carbon alloy ohlins toptube shock linkage..

    Saw that instagram post from Chris (sorry I cannot paste here now).. raw alloy dh or long travel beast with big ohlins Coil shock, with a sticker that reads Form in the inner of the seatstay...

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgutierod View Post
    Apparently a lot. Carbon alloy ohlins toptube shock linkage..

    Saw that instagram post from Chris (sorry I cannot paste here now).. raw alloy dh or long travel beast with big ohlins Coil shock, with a sticker that reads Form in the inner of the seatstay...
    Wait that just looks like a Jedi.

  41. #141
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    this is the only time I have thought about getting a instagram account. Oh well guess I will just keep waiting till something is posted here or elsewhere on the net that I do not need a account to see.

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    YES but c'mon... stop teasing ; )
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    I have never ridden a Canfield. I'm far from being a Canfield Fanboy after some very mixed reviews over the Jedi. However, a 29er DH sled is very intriguing to me. The de-coupling of the drive-train and suspension makes sense and seems like it would work well. I'm not going to pretend that I understand all of the intricacies of brake/suspension kinematics, but it seems like this would essentially perform like a single pivot. In the little graphic explaining how the suspension works, you can see that the brake mount is rotating forward, something that Trek's ABP and Specialized's FSR attempt to prevent. That's not to say that it doesn't work well, it's just not adhering to the snake oil that others are trying to push. The other thing that seems really unusual to me is the extremely short chainstays of the current Jedi, Balance and Toir. After riding a bunch of bikes with different lengths, its always seemed like 435 was right about the sweet spot for me to be able to yank the front end up in shitty situations while maintaining some front to rear wheel weight bias. This bike could be a real contender for me. I ride Mountain Creek and Blue Mountain a lot and those places kick the crap out of bikes. I've been told Canfields hold up really well.

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by FrederickEngineering View Post
    I have never ridden a Canfield. I'm far from being a Canfield Fanboy after some very mixed reviews over the Jedi. However, a 29er DH sled is very intriguing to me. The de-coupling of the drive-train and suspension makes sense and seems like it would work well. I'm not going to pretend that I understand all of the intricacies of brake/suspension kinematics, but it seems like this would essentially perform like a single pivot. In the little graphic explaining how the suspension works, you can see that the brake mount is rotating forward, something that Trek's ABP and Specialized's FSR attempt to prevent. That's not to say that it doesn't work well, it's just not adhering to the snake oil that others are trying to push. The other thing that seems really unusual to me is the extremely short chainstays of the current Jedi, Balance and Toir. After riding a bunch of bikes with different lengths, its always seemed like 435 was right about the sweet spot for me to be able to yank the front end up in shitty situations while maintaining some front to rear wheel weight bias. This bike could be a real contender for me. I ride Mountain Creek and Blue Mountain a lot and those places kick the crap out of bikes. I've been told Canfields hold up really well.
    Fredrick-

    Ride one with the right spring weight for you, and you will never be the same.
    Rearward travel means sag at the same area of a 435mm chainstay bike.

    I have not met it's equal.



    until today-
    D-1
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    D-1? Is that some secret code name or does it mean that the announcement is coming tomorrow?

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    334
    So good- and no
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canfield-Brothers-Downhill-BikesC2-Components/163956136971393"]

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    470
    That's Just pure cold man! Very cold!

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    its about time...
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spyghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    973
    I miss the YS!
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    So, how long are we going to go with no Bikes available in Large and XL? Canít even buy a 2017 any more.

  51. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    883
    Will you be riding it this weekend, Chris?

  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Frida Ronning just posted this. I can't tell if it's 27.5 or 29. It would be sick if they had a 29DH bike available for this summer. The 2018 bikes...-dh.jpg

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by FrederickEngineering View Post
    Frida Ronning just posted this. I can't tell if it's 27.5 or 29. It would be sick if they had a 29DH bike available for this summer. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH.JPG 
Views:	587 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	1178275
    Pretty sure thatís just a Balance with a dual crown fork...

  54. #154
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    That's no balance..... I think that is the Norwegian uncle.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    Iím no expert, but that doesnít look Carbon

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    Definitely different than the 2017 Balance!

  57. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    284
    Definitely not a Balance. I'm over my carbon phase so hopefully they will keep an aluminum version, raw of course.

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,102
    Thatís a proto


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    The Gusset is bad ass!

  61. #161
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    I agree I wish I had one on either of my bikes.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,568
    I came in here to see if there was any word on this 200mm bike. All I see here is porn that's a nice looking bike.

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    671
    Didnt notice the gusset at first, damn thatís badass

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    so, not only 1 new bike...
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  65. #165
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    I really hate waiting!

  66. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    yeah, been looking everywhere for this to drop now that the pictures are out and nothing 🤬

  67. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VeloRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    78
    Attachment 1178990
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 2018 bikes...-7c533767-a6c1-48c3-aafa-41dfd680b9ff.jpeg  

    -VeloRyan-

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloRyan View Post
    no dropper ha ?
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,568
    No welds

  70. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    256
    Yummy, CARBON!!

  71. #171
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    Hate to admit it, but I am over this thread. I feel like the Bros are really starting to drop the ball with this whole cloak and dagger bull shit. Everyone is showing us what we need to save up for or wait for or what is new all across the industry right now,this is turning into pretty bad marketing in my eyes ( and since I am the one paying money those are the eyes they should want to keep). When something new comes out I will take a look but as far as watching this and playing the whole spy shot shit, count me out that kind of stuff works in Oct. but mid to late January, you kinda missed the bus.

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    258
    Ha! That might just be an unintended result of the suspense that they are trying to build. Honestly though if their next trail/all-mountain bike is truly only going to be offered in carbon then Iím probably out. I donít see the expense of carbon to be worth it. Might have to go GG or Knolly without an alloy Canfield option.

  73. #173
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    Marketing masters= transition bikes.... right down the road (more or less) all my bikes are Canfield bikes but boy have I almost bought a transition a thousand times already this year..... for no other reason than the videos and hype. Only thing that has stopped me is the fsr.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation: slider_phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Marketing masters= transition bikes.... right down the road (more or less) all my bikes are Canfield bikes but boy have I almost bought a transition a thousand times already this year..... for no other reason than the videos and hype. Only thing that has stopped me is the fsr.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    That wasn't you in the new carbon Smuggler video was it?

    I sold my Riot frame in June last year because I got a ripping deal on an Intense Primer frame. Geo was close enough to the Riot with a touch less travel. Super fun bike. So I'm not fussed when Canfield announces the new carbon version. But with Knolly entering the fray with their new Fugitive 29er (115-135mm travel) it's going to be a tougher market when the Canfield carbon machine finally hits.

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GlennW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    404
    If I had the cash burning a hole in my pocket I would have pulled the trigger on something else by now. But I don't (yay, CA property taxes!?), so I haven't. Will have to see where things stand after tax filing.
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

  76. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    I REALLY want a 29er DH bike for this season and I can't afford the Trek or the Commencal. I'm hoping that Canfield can provide an AL alternative.

  77. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    284
    To those who claim that Canfield is taking too long to release info on their new bike, maybe they want to get it right before jumping the gun. Knolly took their time announcing the new line up because of that reason. Heck, there were rumors about the Nomad4 in early 2016 and Santa Cruz didn't release spy photos until a couple of months before it's release. Good things take time and can't be rushed.

  78. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Marketing masters= transition bikes.... right down the road (more or less) all my bikes are Canfield bikes but boy have I almost bought a transition a thousand times already this year..... for no other reason than the videos and hype. Only thing that has stopped me is the fsr.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    I agree that Transition are masters at marketing. Ironically, isn't that what most people are against these days especially on the Pinkbike comments. I would rather support a company focused more on quality and ingenuity than marketng. Nothing against Transition, cool dudes making cool vids but nothing they make is new. As soon as the FSR patent expired, they jumped on that and called it "Giddy up". Now they are playing around with fork offset, others have done that already. My best friend was a Transition fan boy and thought he would never get another bike..until he rode my Balance and ordered one immediately.

  79. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Hate to admit it, but I am over this thread. I feel like the Bros are really starting to drop the ball with this whole cloak and dagger bull shit. Everyone is showing us what we need to save up for or wait for or what is new all across the industry right now,this is turning into pretty bad marketing in my eyes ( and since I am the one paying money those are the eyes they should want to keep). When something new comes out I will take a look but as far as watching this and playing the whole spy shot shit, count me out that kind of stuff works in Oct. but mid to late January, you kinda missed the bus.
    Disagree, I mean, I think youíd have a solid point if they were posting spy photos and teasers all over the inter webs, but really they arenít. There was a photo posted on an apparent demoers IG and the one posted today, literally today, on Chrisí IG (at least thatís all Iíve seen). Theyíre not even using the official Canfield IG to release the teasers that are out there, much less blasting MTB media outlets about some ambiguous Ďnext big thingí they have coming. The only other info I know about is from the Bros showing up to this thread, which was started by a fan hoping for teasers and info, to supply exactly those things. Theyíll give us real info when they think the product is ready to be announced, obviously it isnít, but hopefully the recent teasers indicate that weíre close.

    Personally, Iíd prefer this approach rather than rushing a half baked frame to market to match some arbitrary product cycle calendar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  80. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    303
    No trunnion!!!!

  81. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    208
    That looks pretty sick. Love the one piece link. I hope it's offered in matte as pictured and not gloss!

  82. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    So is that a 29er or the Balance? Looks like a Balance, but hard to tell.

  83. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by FrederickEngineering View Post
    I REALLY want a 29er DH bike for this season and I can't afford the Trek or the Commencal. I'm hoping that Canfield can provide an AL alternative.
    you can't afford the Commencal, and you think a Canfield is going to be cheaper? What are you basing that on? Commencal have always been one of the cheaper bikes in any category they're in, Canfield never have.

  84. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Hate to admit it, but I am over this thread....that kind of stuff works in Oct. but mid to late January, you kinda missed the bus.
    I might have misinterpreted, but I thought they said in pretty much no uncertain terms that the new bike wasn't going to be out in the spring, that it was a fall to winter release.
    Seems like if you need to buy a new bike for this year, you'll have to look elsewhere. Me, I'd rather wait and see rather than have a new bike that I really want available, but not want to spend the money yet. I figure it'll probably be great when it does come out and if not, there will probably be some used Nomad 4's on the market by then.

  85. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    671
    The Bros have already said that the new bikes wouldnít release until February or so... still January.

  86. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GlennW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermatt View Post
    So is that a 29er or the Balance? Looks like a Balance, but hard to tell.
    I think that's why some are getting agitated, it's not clear what's coming, so people don't know if they should wait or go with something else available now.
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

  87. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation: acfsportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    288
    What is the deal? why so much impatience? I assume some of you already ride a Canfield, are you not happy with it? Over the years I've wasted my share of money's of numerous parts/frames/wheels and know what it's like to chase the perfect bike. I've got to say the current crop of Canfields are pretty awesome....I'm going to enjoy them for another year or so.

  88. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raleighguy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,102
    Iím with this guy ^^ Iíve got a epo riot balance and ss nimble9 in my stable and Iím just as stoked on them now as I was when I built all of them. Iím also not the guy who buys a new bike every year just because. I canít wait to see what they do to update the line up. But letís face it. Most of the field has been chasing the bros for a while. While I love my carbon epo carbon doesnít make me salivate like it does some guys. I have a buddy with a $10,000 cc Bronson that feels if itís not carbon itís just a shit bike while Iím dragging him everywhere we go on my aluminum bikes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  89. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    77
    I dont think anyone is unhappy with there Canfield bikes. I have my fair share of Canfields couldn't be more stoked and wont be replacing anytime soon, but for people looking to buy Canfield's stock is very limited. So someone looking for a new ride for the spring might be a bit impatient as they don't know if they should wait or pick up something else up.

  90. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Iím with this guy ^^ Iíve got a epo riot balance and ss nimble9 in my stable and Iím just as stoked on them now as I was when I built all of them. Iím also not the guy who buys a new bike every year just because. I canít wait to see what they do to update the line up. But letís face it. Most of the field has been chasing the bros for a while. While I love my carbon epo carbon doesnít make me salivate like it does some guys. I have a buddy with a $10,000 cc Bronson that feels if itís not carbon itís just a shit bike while Iím dragging him everywhere we go on my aluminum bikes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Canfield owners are a in a different demographic, in general, than say Santa Cruz/Yeti/Intense or any other Carbon-wonder blingy bikes (this demographic, in general, shows people upgrading to the latest and greatest most of the times)... However, the lust for any new Canfield is there, always, because we love how they ride.... although most of us will not buy the new one having the perfectly & current 2016/2017 bike, we want to know... cheers
    18 Banshee Rune
    16 Canfield Balance
    15 Banshee Darkside

  91. #191
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    131
    Where is CSquared? Haven't heard from him since Frida9 posted her new DH bike! I can wait, but its hard. I'll probably be buying a new Canfield this year if/when the roll them out.

  92. #192
    That Sleestak
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,848
    I can't open the Canfield webstore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    Is that German or Polish sausage?

  93. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    303
    Not like you guys have a choice but to wait. You could get a new patrol that has lagged behind the balance and pay more for a bike that still isn't as good as the latest balance and weighs more and is ugly I think Canfield riders don't chase bs incremental updates. Now if you were looking at Evil, I can't blame you. Different type of bike and ride that stands out from the rest just like Canfield.

  94. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twd953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    744
    One issue I see, is that word of mouth from current Canfield owners is probably the best marketing tool Canfield has. With all the current models being closed out, limited remaining stock available, uncertainty as to which if any of the current models are sticking around, and no definitive announcements about what new bikes will be offered or when, there isn't much to say.

    If someone on the posts a thread asking what 140mm 29er to buy, you'd almost always get a bunch or Canfield owners saying check out the Riot/Toir. Same for the balance, EPO, N9, Yelli, etc...

    It's kinda hard to recommend a bike to someone if you have no idea whether it's in stock anymore, or will be offered. Can't even say, wait for the new Canfield _________ which should be coming out in ___________.

  95. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cpolism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    One issue I see, is that word of mouth from current Canfield owners is probably the best marketing tool Canfield has. With all the current models being closed out, limited remaining stock available, uncertainty as to which if any of the current models are sticking around, and no definitive announcements about what new bikes will be offered or when, there isn't much to say.

    If someone on the posts a thread asking what 140mm 29er to buy, you'd almost always get a bunch or Canfield owners saying check out the Riot/Toir. Same for the balance, EPO, N9, Yelli, etc...

    It's kinda hard to recommend a bike to someone if you have no idea whether it's in stock anymore, or will be offered. Can't even say, wait for the new Canfield _________ which should be coming out in ___________.
    Spot on. I love my Riot, but can't disagree with anything you said.

  96. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    13
    Has anyone noticed they don't really sponsor anyone with a media presence anymore? Isak was around for one season and it looks like Lorin is riding a Tues now.

  97. #197
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    One issue I see, is that word of mouth from current Canfield owners is probably the best marketing tool Canfield has. With all the current models being closed out, limited remaining stock available, uncertainty as to which if any of the current models are sticking around, and no definitive announcements about what new bikes will be offered or when, there isn't much to say.

    If someone on the posts a thread asking what 140mm 29er to buy, you'd almost always get a bunch or Canfield owners saying check out the Riot/Toir. Same for the balance, EPO, N9, Yelli, etc...

    It's kinda hard to recommend a bike to someone if you have no idea whether it's in stock anymore, or will be offered. Can't even say, wait for the new Canfield _________ which should be coming out in ___________.
    You have said what I wanted to say in a much better way then I could. All this is spot on.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  98. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,568
    I'm impatient because I'm either going to get a bigger hitting 29er to go with my Riot. Or I'm going to put 27.5 wheels on the Riot and get used to the smaller wheel size. And get a Balance. I'm 5'6" so most companies don't make a long travel 29er that fits right. I'd like to know if I'll fit the new bike or not.

  99. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twd953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by beardsely View Post
    Has anyone noticed they don't really sponsor anyone with a media presence anymore? Isak was around for one season and it looks like Lorin is riding a Tues now.
    I think it's hard for a small builder to devote a lot of money towards sponsoring a rider at the WC level. I think it'll always be lesser known or up and coming riders, and once they get solid results like Isaak did last year, it's hard to hang on to them if they are in the running for a spot on one of the bigger WC teams.

    But yeah, if they are going to be sponsoring somebody racing the WC, or even racers in the US, I'd love to see more social media presence from those riders. Then again, I don't spend any time searching out riders on Instagram, so unless the it get's posted here, or the Bros post it to the book of faces, I'm not going to see it.
    No dig no whine

  100. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I can't open the Canfield webstore!
    I still can't either, and I need to order some pedals! Excited to see the new stuff coming out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2018, 04:19 AM
  2. 2018 Pike OR 2018 Push Fox 34 Factory?
    By almazing in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 12:35 PM
  3. Replies: 579
    Last Post: 12-28-2017, 03:37 PM
  4. 2018 Nomad vs 2018 V10
    By cobrakillerta in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 06:26 PM
  5. 2018 Cannondale Mountain Bikes
    By bswenka in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 02:21 PM

Members who have read this thread: 515

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.