mtbr member

2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!

I'll start---

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sweet looking build, love the raw color.

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsoul View Post
    Sweet looking build, love the raw color.
    Did they just do a clear coat? Raw ano would have been sick.

Ive had a couple raw clear coat bikes and they just got throttled on. Maybe their clears were bad.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

mtbr member
    No this is like all their new raw bikes..... no clear coat... just decals

mtbr member
    2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-dsc_0039.jpg2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-dsc_0040.jpg2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-dsc_0047.jpg

X-L Canfield 650B Jedi:

Wheels are Derby DH with Procore, 2.5 DHF's double down, CK front, Hadley rear. V9 front disk, V8 rear with Hope V-4's.

Fox factory RC4 fat shaft with 500# Ti Coil and RWC 2185* needle bearing kits.

(* Jedi is between RWC kit sizes, and was used with very fine 8mm ID stainless steel shim washers from mcmastar carr to achieve fit. Not confirmed, but I heard cane creek uses a non-traditional bore size for shock mount hardware and would not work with RWC)

mtbr member
    I posted in the Canfield forum about sizing for my first-time Canfield purchase a few weeks ago... anyway, here's the new whip! Jedi (S), Fox 40, CCDB, I-9/ Derby, SixC, etc, etc.

2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-image1_web.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Ha View Post
    I posted in the Canfield forum about sizing for my first-time Canfield purchase a few weeks ago... anyway, here's the new whip! Jedi (S), Fox 40, CCDB, I-9/ Derby, SixC, etc, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1_web.jpg 
Views:	674 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	1072297
    Damn... HOT looking build!

mtbr member
    Jedi in action... at Timberline Bike Park, WV for the Gravity East Series Race #2

So fun!!
    2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-hip-01.jpg
    2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-hip-03.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    2017 is Here. So is the UFO. Custom build commences this week and we expect www.doubleblackbikes.com to set the bar for the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Took me a while to unlock the secrets of my Jedi - moved from a 2014 S-works Demo to a 2016 Jedi. I liked it but didn't feel especially "special". After some more races and time at Whistler I really started to open it up and I really really like it now, definitely works well. At first I missed the chi-chi status of my all carbon Demo (also moved back to alum rims because the CF rims always got destroyed at Whistler). but now I revel in the old school aluminum build. Its fun having a bit off the beaten path bike too. Looking forward to racing this spring and finding more of the speed that started to reveal itself at the end of the summer last year.

I'm currently running a DVO coil shock, I'd like to try a float X2 though. I saw one of the brothers running a BOS air shock on his bike and he said the air shocks worked great on this design.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston67 View Post
    I'm currently running a DVO coil shock, I'd like to try a float X2 though. I saw one of the brothers running a BOS air shock on his bike and he said the air shocks worked great on this design.
    Imho the (stock) Jade is not a good choice for the Jedi. Itīs damping circuit is too weak. It may fell plush but Iīd rather say it lacks control. Itīd be easy to change the shim stack though. But honestly who does alter the shimstack when virtually any other shock works better out of the box?

And I agree that air shocks work great with the Jedi. I run mine with a Void as well. I guess that the Float will work great with this frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Interesting. Thanks for your input although I can't say I've noticed that. I'm fairly tuned into my suspension performance on all my machines and it feels good to me and I've got plenty of adjustment left on all the knobs. If I try that X2 maybe I will see what you mean ! What's interesting about your comment is that I've heard other people say DVO tends to have too much compression damping stock, and they usually want to soften the compression stack. Maybe that was specific to the fork though.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Well that was my observation with the Jade in comparison to four other shocks. It did feel better (read closer to the other shocks) when increasing the air pressure. Iīm around 85 kg naked and was already getting close to the upper end of the rec. pressure. What do heavy/fast guys do?

On the other hand if I just would have used the Jade it may have felt fine for me as well.

As for the Emerald, I had one as well and imho the compression damping felt good. The rebound damping could be a bit softer (faster in a controlled way) but thatīs nitpicking.

But not to derail the thread:

2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-jedi.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I just got a used 2016 with a jade and I wanted to see what size spring everyone was running. I weigh about 195 and I have a 500x3 and if felt a little stiff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I run a 550 and it's perfect for me at about 240 geared up

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Seeing the recent posts on this thread has got me excited for bike park season. Don't get me wrong, I love shuttling, but its pretty tough to beat the amount of behind the bars time you can get in a day at the park.

Here's a couple of shots from closing day of Whistler last year. Two of my favorite lower mtn laps... Schleyer and Dwayner

2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-vin-q-canfield-brothers-jedi-whistler.jpg

2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-vin-q-canfield-brothers-jedi-whistler-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    Seeing the recent posts on this thread has got me excited for bike park season.
    Sorry Vin, you'll have to wait just a little longer.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-bike-park-closed.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Jedi from Russia2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-jedi-2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-jedi-driveside.jpg  

2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-rear-brake.jpg  

SyT
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    ^ Where did you get your damper spring?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SyT View Post
    ^ Where did you get your damper spring?
    It's a RCS Titanium Spring. I bought it at fanatikbike.com2016 Canfield Brothers Jedi's..... Post them up!!!!-ring.jpg