Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960
Results 5,901 to 5,922 of 5922
    I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by pajak View Post
    Maxxis High Roller 2 2.5" WT x 29 on a WTB KOM i29 rim are a no go.
    I need to cancel my order then... I just ordered one. Thank you for posting up........ maybe I will put it on the front if I don't cancel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
    Right on thanks for the info. The more I read the more Iím starting to think a medium is just gonna be too small for me. At this point I may just give it a little time to see if they release a carbon Riot or just pull the trigger on a Trail Pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You swapping parts or just going full build?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    You swapping parts or just going full build?

Mainly just swapping. 140mm Fox 34, XT brakes, XO1 drivetrain and dropper post are swapping over, the rest Iíll piece together new. All coming off my lightly used Yelli

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    I need to cancel my order then... I just ordered one. Thank you for posting up........ maybe I will put it on the front if I don't cancel.

I just built a 2017 L Riot with i29 carbon rims and a Maxxis Aggressor 2.5WT in the rear and there's LOADS of clearance.

Not the best picture, but I was concerned. I shouldn't have been.

First ride today, but I don't expect any trouble
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS-20180124_193107.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    damn. want.

I'm with stupid
    They keep growing. My aggressor 2.5 is now bigger than my minion dhf on the front. Here is a 2.3 high roller 2 and a 2.5 aggressor comparison. On 30 mm inner fatties sl wheels. It's pretty close on the drive side. Mud is a no go.

2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS-uploadfromtaptalk1516988971496.jpg2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS-uploadfromtaptalk1516988986521.jpg

mtbr member
    If need be, Iíll rotate the 2.5 aggressor up front when the minion 2.5 needs replacement and get a 2.3 or 2.4 for the back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Digging that new Aggressor, will have to try it sooner rather than later, thanks for sharing.

I've been meaning to post this since it's appropriately nerdy and pretty rad to boot.

Start off, I'm a huge fan of the transformer-like qualities of my now nearly two year old riot. I rotate three shocks including a Jade, CCDBa and short stroke Fox RP23 all of which give the bike a slightly different personality, all them fun.

Recently I built a 27.5 rear wheel and shod it with a 2.6 NN. The static results are about .25" decrease in BB height and 0.5deg slacker HA. I adjusted my saddle angle, but frankly, didn't really have to. The dynamic results are as expected, more fun in the turns with no measurable differences elsewhere. I suppose if I had a power meter I would see a slight down tick in rolling efficiency on pavement, but I'd also have to compare with a 29" NN to make a fair comp.

Anyway, fun times are continuing to be had on this bike.

One more thing, the raw frame cleans up quite nicely with a bit steel wool. I'd say it's a one beer, zero f-bombs kind of job to get decent results. No power tools needed.

2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS-riot-275-drive-side.jpg

mtbr member

2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS

Canfieldís ďcontact usĒ email link isnít working for me so figured Iíd ask here. Iím 5í10.5Ē with a 31Ē inseam and would love to purchase one of the clearance frames but not sure if a medium would be too small for me. Currently on a large Yelli. Bike before that was an 18.5Ē Fuel Ex that fit great. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
    Canfieldís ďcontact usĒ email link isnít working for me so figured Iíd ask here. Iím 5í10.5Ē with a 31Ē inseam and would love to purchase one of the clearance frames but not sure if a medium would be too small for me. Currently on a large Yelli. Bike before that was an 18.5Ē Fuel Ex that fit great. Thanks!

Get the large. Iím 5í8 and large fits me perfect. A buddy has a medium heís a touch shorter then me and itís snug

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Get the large. Iím 5í8 and large fits me perfect. A buddy has a medium heís a touch shorter then me and itís snug

Thatís what I was afraid of but figured Iíd ask anyways. They donít have any larges left unfortunately, suppose Iíll keep looking! Thanks for the reply

I'm with stupid
    My 2016 large full build is for sale. PM for build options I have a few different sets of wheels and bars and brakes from alloy to carbon that can change the price.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post

Agreed. Iím 5í8Ē with a 31 inseam and I really wish I went with the Large over the Medium. The Medium is snug, and to be honest the longer wheelbase on the Large would have worked much better for me. Regardless, still love the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    Agreed. Iím 5í8Ē with a 31 inseam and I really wish I went with the Large over the Medium. The Medium is snug, and to be honest the longer wheelbase on the Large would have worked much better for me. Regardless, still love the bike.
    I waited till I had a chance to throw a leg over one and Iím glad I did or I would have got a medium and been very unhappy ☹️

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info on sizing guys, glad I asked before buying a medium. Iíd love to wait on a carbon Riot but Iím currently bikeless so I may go back towards the Yeti SB5.5 again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by abeck View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riot 275 drive side.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	1180694
    What a difference those deeper rims make in appearance(Flow Mk3 on my end).
    2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS-2018-02-03_11.45.17.jpg

mtbr member
    My Riot with deep carbon rims...Iíve been asked if itís a 650b bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    One more wheel to build, get a chain, trim the steer tube, fine tune and then hurry up and wait for the snow to melt. Thinking of swapping the stem for a black one and toying around with the idea of getting metallic silver decals for the fork.

April/May feels like an eternity away...

2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS-p5pb15612977.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I have one problem every 1 or 2 rides one bolt in the down link unscrew!
    Can I use little locktite blue not the red or I will damage the frame or the link or the bearing!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoul View Post
    Can I use little locktite blue not the red or I will damage the frame or the link or the bearing!
    I don't think you damage anything with the application, but you'll make it harder to remove later. If you do make sure to use in work hex tools.

My lower link did the same thing I took it out, put s decent coating of grease (I used M2000 calcium grease on everything but suspension internals) and have no problems.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoul View Post
    Donít use red

Iíd call Canfield and ask... they actually pick up the phone!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by abeck View Post
    Digging that new Aggressor, will have to try it sooner rather than later, thanks for sharing.

I've been meaning to post this since it's appropriately nerdy and pretty rad to boot.

Start off, I'm a huge fan of the transformer-like qualities of my now nearly two year old riot. I rotate three shocks including a Jade, CCDBa and short stroke Fox RP23 all of which give the bike a slightly different personality, all them fun.

Recently I built a 27.5 rear wheel and shod it with a 2.6 NN. The static results are about .25" decrease in BB height and 0.5deg slacker HA. I adjusted my saddle angle, but frankly, didn't really have to. The dynamic results are as expected, more fun in the turns with no measurable differences elsewhere. I suppose if I had a power meter I would see a slight down tick in rolling efficiency on pavement, but I'd also have to compare with a 29" NN to make a fair comp.

Anyway, fun times are continuing to be had on this bike.

One more thing, the raw frame cleans up quite nicely with a bit steel wool. I'd say it's a one beer, zero f-bombs kind of job to get decent results. No power tools needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riot 275 drive side.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	1180694
    The mixed wheel size idea has always intrigued me. Being a short guy who loves the 9er roll over.

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960