Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
Results 5,501 to 5,516 of 5516
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by A_street View Post
    That cornering description sounds magical! So Titusquasi, a few posts back, was worried about tire clearance at bottom out. Any feedback on that? I cant remember if I cycled the travel with an empty CCDB to see what the distance to seat tube was like at bottom out.
    My stock CCDBACS only provided 2 1/8" of travel no matter how hard I slammed the shock with no air. The Monarch Plus is providing a full 2 1/4" of travel. I would guess that two offset bushings and the stock CCDBACS may work just fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by titusquasi View Post
    My stock CCDBACS only provided 2 1/8" of travel no matter how hard I slammed the shock with no air. The Monarch Plus is providing a full 2 1/4" of travel. I would guess that two offset bushings and the stock CCDBACS may work just fine.
    Found out yesterday that offset bushings do not work with avalanche shocks due to the small eyelets they have. I called avy though and they do provide eyelets that can add or reduce the shock length by 1/4 inch. That, depending on cost, is the route I'll most likely go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Found out yesterday that offset bushings do not work with avalanche shocks due to the small eyelets they have. I called avy though and they do provide eyelets that can add or reduce the shock length by 1/4 inch. That, depending on cost, is the route I'll most likely go.
    Doesn't Avalanche offer the Woodie in a 7.75x2.25 configuration? That would be about 197mm E2E. I wonder if it is possible that your current 7.875 could be reworked to 7.75 or if that would require a different shock body altogether? Or if it is the different eyelets they described to you is how they're obtaining those different E2E lengths?
    2016 Canfield Riot

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    If you go this route let us know. Not as fast as a flip chip, but can be done before a ride. I think the Riot is set up perfectly for rough trails that you need to change direction quickly. It handles chunk and S-turns thru trees better than my previous bike with lower BB. But on trails I'm not peddling and going over 25mph. I miss the lower BB.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Radon Epic Enduro 2017

Final special at the Radon Epic Enduro - 3rd place in 50+ agegroup on my Riot :-)
    2015 Canfield Brothers Riot 29er FS-patree-sq.jpg

Radon Epic Enduro 2017 - Tous les classements et résultats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81aY4QRw-R4

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Congratulations on your podium finish. My Balance put me on the podium three times in our Enduro series in Texas, and the surrounding states, in the 50+ class. Once on the top top spot. Very competitive older riders out there. Nice video. Didn't understand a word of it, but it looked like a blast. Love that format. Waiting on the fork to finish my new Riot. Probably be faster on most trails than the Balance, which I really bought as my DH bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks :-) Its my third year doing this event -- first year was on a Yelli Screamy, that was pretty tough on the body. Last two years was on the Riot and I didnt feel quite so beaten up after the ride (also better preparation I think helped too). This year I just moved up to 50+ and its a lot easier than riding in the 40+ cat, though there are still plenty of fast 50 year olds out there! This year was 10 specials, 115km, 4800m of vertical ascent (no uplifts) start at 4h30 with lights, first 30min descent by night; last special was the one in the photo, just a short one through the town -- finished just as the sun was going down behind the hills at 19h30 -- a long day on the bike!

mtbr member
    Hey guys,

Would you opt of the Topaz over the CCDB? Sounds like the CCDB has some durability issues so I'm assuming Topaz would be riders choice. 11-6 not in the cards unfortunately, I'm sure that would be the bees knees

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Techspec360 View Post
    Hey guys,

Would you opt of the Topaz over the CCDB? Sounds like the CCDB has some durability issues so I'm assuming Topaz would be riders choice. 11-6 not in the cards unfortunately, I'm sure that would be the bees knees
    Topaz all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    Topaz all the way

Nice! Thanks man! Dang the stance of that thing just looks like a blast!

What rims are those?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Techspec360 View Post
    Nice! Thanks man! Dang the stance of that thing just looks like a blast!

What rims are those?
    I9 305 enduro wheel set with matching dvo diamond fork

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    What bottle cage are you guys using?

General questions for everyone. I cannot seem to get a water bottle cage that will confidently hold my bottle. I have tried cageless, regular aluminum bent to clamp tighter on bottle, and most recently a bontrager rl cage. The bonty was doing ok until one of the post holes ripped. I'm thinking I may need to do a Velcro strap in conjunction.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by In2falling View Post
    I have been through 3 different shocks now on the Riot.

DBAIRCS sucks on the Riot and is expensive shock to maintain. I am not a fan of CC shocks, they have a lot of reliability issues.

A old Fox DHX coil i got Pushed. This shock worked great, but was heavy and my weight fluctuates quite a bit to keep running a coil.

Picked up a Manitou Mcleod a few weeks back to give it a try on my Riot because the Mcleod is working so well on my other bike. For such a simple light weight shock it amazingly feels as good as the Pushed Fox does. The plus also is that you can find them online for $200 to $250.
    Thank you for your answer. Have you any chance to compare Monarch with McLeod?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What bottle cage are you guys using?

General questions for everyone. I cannot seem to get a water bottle cage that will confidently hold my bottle. I have tried cageless, regular aluminum bent to clamp tighter on bottle, and most recently a bontrager rl cage. The bonty was doing ok until one of the post holes ripped. I'm thinking I may need to do a Velcro strap in conjunction.
    Check out the Lezyne Flow Cage. I've been using one for a few years and it is very secure. Sometimes it's not the easiest to get the bottle out of while riding though, and I'm on a Tallboy with the bottle on top of the downtube. There is a way to adjust that though if you want to- trim the retention tabs- though I've never felt the need to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by q232 View Post
    Thank you for your answer. Have you any chance to compare Monarch with McLeod?
    No can not compare to Monarch, but really like the McLeod on there. A simple light weight set and forget shock that works well. The 4 compression/IPA settings are very nice and easy to get to to adjust for climbing or descending.

mtbr member
    Does anyone have a pic of their black frame with the silver link? Canfields website photos are not good and I'm tryign to decide between all black or black with silver links.

Cheers

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556