Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 119 of 119
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,971
    my baby.
    2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-p5pb11121730.jpg
    2014 Jedi Black/Black Medium
    CCDB coil K9 3x525lb
    Manitou Dorado Expert
    Chris King Headset
    Full Saint
    ESI Grip
    ENVE
    Point1
    Easton EA90/WTB Silverado
    KMC
    Dura Ace 11-25
    HT AE03
    CK/ZTR Flow no tubes
    Bontrager G5 (not pictured)
    Last edited by 8664; 06-30-2014 at 12:58 AM.

    ride.

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Lance, I don't know what you did to tweak the old design to arrive at the '14, but that voodoo is pretty impressive! 4 runs down Trestle and the speed just kept getting faster and faster and the bike just performed better and better w/ each increment of speed!

    Base tune is pretty spot-on on the CCDB. I'm 197 kitted up and on a 400lbs Ti spring, 4.5 turns of preload w/ RWC needle bearing hardware and Ti-Springs.com linear thrust bearing on the spring seat. Sag is at 7/8", or ~29%. Paired w/ an Emerald at ~23% sag, the bike is pretty damn neutral coming off of even really lippy kickers! 800mm bar pulls me over the front end and even w/ tires at 40psi, traction was pretty unreal w/ the der Kaisers!

    And no, the DVO is NOT a noodle. Base tune for the Emerald is completely open, and it was still amazing!

    100% right!!!

    ride.

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,773
    Quote Originally Posted by xetal View Post
    I did take off two click of high speed rebound. It was a tad to slow for my taste.

    Did you ride the new bike a bit ?
    So, I've been out on the new whip for 3 wknds now, and I did exactly like you...took a 1/4 turn off the HSR...couldn't hear/feel the clicks on my CCDB. 400lbs Ti spring w/ needle bearing hardware at the link and thrust bearing spring seat. I had one comment made to me by a buddy who was following me. He said the bike was "popping" off the jumps, and it feels that way too! I now need to watch how much I load up the bike before booting, else I'll land in the bomb crater after the outrun.

    The Emerald is breaking in nicely. I've finally started to add some compression damping. I think I'm 3 or 4 clicks into the HSC and maybe 1 or 2 turns in on the LSC. I have the OTT/topout pre-load set pretty lightly...so when I pick up the front, I only have ~1/8" of drop. I might back it out further (reduce that pre-load even more).
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: katsooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    380
    had some small Canfield commute and meetup here in Israel
    the 2012 Jedi
    the 2014 Jedi
    the 2012 The ONE.

    here's the pics
    dont mind that demo at the back :P we dont like him
    haha

    2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-dsc_0014-medium-.jpg
    14' Canfield Jedi - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    897
    Did you start from fully open on your lsc hsc and ott? I have been tinkering with mine but i started from the factory recommendations and still haven't found my happy spot. In reference to the DVO air pressure guide what are you running?

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,773
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    Did you start from fully open on your lsc hsc and ott? I have been tinkering with mine but i started from the factory recommendations and still haven't found my happy spot. In reference to the DVO air pressure guide what are you running?
    I'm assuming you're message/questions were meant for me...?

    I did start w/ everything wide open. As is, it's pretty good, but I did take a tumble when I wash out my front end coming off a hillside onto a catwalk because the front end nosed in...I think the fork needed some more HSC and LSC. But I'm finding the wide open on the rebound a bit slow. Where it's at wide open I'd like to see in the mid range of the dial's detente count. I might change the oil to something like "Like Water" and see how that changes the rebound damping...and maybe I'll get to dial in a touch more compression too. We shall see...

    So, from the other post, I'm 197lbs kitted up and running w/ ~24% sag at the fork. The pressure using a Fox digital shock pump was at 70psi. I used a zip-tie, but I think you can easily slip on a rubber o-ring...why this fork didn't come w/ one is beyond me.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    897
    I think I will try the same. I am coming off an Avy'd boxxer and loved that thing. I am finding the emerald on the harsh side but working on it. I am not much of a knob turner but am trying to dial her in. By chance are you hearing a click or slight knock from the fork at speed?

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,773
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    I think I will try the same. I am coming off an Avy'd boxxer and loved that thing. I am finding the emerald on the harsh side but working on it. I am not much of a knob turner but am trying to dial her in. By chance are you hearing a click or slight knock from the fork at speed?
    Yeah, I'm coming off a 38mm 888 w/ an Avy cart...and I just stuck in a thrust bearing spring seat in that thing.

    So is that harshness you're feeling because it needs break-in time still? BTW, I'm on a replacement fork, because the first one seems it was assembled by a 7 year old...all scratched up and the stroke felt like poo. John Pelino (sp?) was great, and got a replacement in the mail the next day after I got him some pics.

    Oh, that knocking...I do hear it, but I think it's my King being stoopid. I'm ordering up a Cane Creek compression wedge to try to resolve this knocking. Oh, I'm also gonna put a neoprene sock over the main seal so the CTA won't make slapping noise against the upper legs.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Yeah, I'm coming off a 38mm 888 w/ an Avy cart...and I just stuck in a thrust bearing spring seat in that thing.

    So is that harshness you're feeling because it needs break-in time still? BTW, I'm on a replacement fork, because the first one seems it was assembled by a 7 year old...all scratched up and the stroke felt like poo. John Pelino (sp?) was great, and got a replacement in the mail the next day after I got him some pics.

    Oh, that knocking...I do hear it, but I think it's my King being stoopid. I'm ordering up a Cane Creek compression wedge to try to resolve this knocking. Oh, I'm also gonna put a neoprene sock over the main seal so the CTA won't make slapping noise against the upper legs.
    Not sure if it needs more breaking in or not, I have 4 days of lift access on it. Some of it could be my wrist as I shattered it last year and my strength isn't quite there yet. The OTT knob was unturnable before I rode it but now it is alot better. I had a small issue with the green stanchions not matching but Ronnie took great care of me and set me up.
    I does sound like it is possibly the CTA, but it drives me crazy. Put a Saint derailleur to quiet down the bike and now that clicking is all i hear. I thought it was the cable slapping but eliminated that thought. I will try getting something between the CTA and the upper legs and see if that works.

    Thanks for your help, I know DVO will answer all my questions but it's nice to talk to other riders and get their feedback.

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,773
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    Not sure if it needs more breaking in or not, I have 4 days of lift access on it. Some of it could be my wrist as I shattered it last year and my strength isn't quite there yet. The OTT knob was unturnable before I rode it but now it is alot better. I had a small issue with the green stanchions not matching but Ronnie took great care of me and set me up.
    I does sound like it is possibly the CTA, but it drives me crazy. Put a Saint derailleur to quiet down the bike and now that clicking is all i hear. I thought it was the cable slapping but eliminated that thought. I will try getting something between the CTA and the upper legs and see if that works.

    Thanks for your help, I know DVO will answer all my questions but it's nice to talk to other riders and get their feedback.
    No worries!
    Half of the fun for me is tinkering on things...the other half is booting airs on hopity flow lines
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,971
    nice bikes
    Last edited by 8664; 07-12-2014 at 08:25 AM.

    ride.

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,971
    up to a 2015 Boxxer Team

    2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-1661374-zqorsxd0wwl8-img_0683-large.jpg

    ride.

  13. #113
    Racer
    Reputation: metalMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    246
    how tall are you guys on larges?

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rsullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by metalMTB View Post
    how tall are you guys on larges?
    just over 6-1.. 32" inseam
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...psb5c701c1.jpg

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,773

    Re: 2014 Canfield Jedi- Post your pictures and build list:

    Quote Originally Posted by metalMTB View Post
    how tall are you guys on larges?
    6', 33" inseam
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Turbocharged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by metalMTB View Post
    how tall are you guys on larges?
    6'2" with 34" inseam
    2014 Canfield Jedi - 2015 Canfield Balance - 2012 Canfield DJ

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roxtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    677
    6', 32" inseam
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    6'1", 33" inseam Large 2014
    I got more bikes than skills, son!

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    Just had to bump this thread forward for the shear purpose of props to Canfield. Had a lot of days on my 2014 Jedi and had so much fun. Those of you on the fence of getting one... do it.

    I went from 25 years of XC and all mountain to a 2012 The One and riding DH for the past 3-ish years. Thought I couldn't learn more. The One said "yes you can".

    Last year I decided to step up to the Jedi. Learned even more. can't say enough good things about the bike and the company. Chunk to flow so much fun. I even get a bit airborne now in my later years (carefully).

    The bike has been flawless from the day I put it together... just like my 2012 The One. Can't wait for next season.
    I got more bikes than skills, son!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. canfield jedi
    By ddfuji in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 09:27 PM
  2. 2014 Canfield Brothers Jedi
    By KillingtonVT in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 08:47 AM
  4. 2011 Canfield Jedi
    By ciscolangot in forum Canfield
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
  5. canfield jedi
    By ddfuji in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 01:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •