Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2012

2014 Canfield Jedi- Post your pictures and build list:

First time Jedi owner. 2014 went together perfect. CB wheelset and cranks to top it off. Took it for a test spin locally and also bed the brakes in. Can't wait to go gravity with this shredzilla monster bike.

Props to Vin and the whole CB crew for outstanding craftsmanship, build advice and tips!

Really hope to make it to whistler this September!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-imageuploadedbytapatalk1397505593.820789.jpg  

I got more bikes than skills, son!

mtbr member
    Finally got mine put together...click the pictures...

Build Specs:
    2014 Jedi (large) frame w/ CCDB
    2011 Manitou Dorado Pro
    Canfield Brothers DH cranks w/ 36T MRP BlingRing
    Canfield Brothers Crampon Ultimate pedals
    Renthal Fatbar handlebars
    Renthal Integra stem
    Stans ZTR Flow EX rims on Hope Pro2 Evo hubs
    Maxxis Minion DHF ST and DHR II tires
    Shimano Saint M820 brakes
    Shimano Saint M820 shifter
    Shimano Zee M640 DH derailleur
    Shimano Ultegra CS6700 11-28 cassette
    Shimano XT chain
    Cane Creek 110 headset
    Thomson Elite seatpost
    SDG Ti-Fly saddle

Total weight: 38.7 lbs

More Pictures Here
    2014 Canfield Jedi - 2014 Canfield Balance - 2012 Canfield DJ

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Updated picture of my sled !!!

Ready to rock.

The GEO of this bike is amazing. I feel like i could destroy everything with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-10265420_1504014643072245_2585524712635358983_o.jpg  

Canfield Brothers
    You can! ; )
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-dscn4163.jpg2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-dscn4164.jpg2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-dscn4165.jpg2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-dscn4166.jpg2014 Canfield Jedi-  Post your pictures and build list:-dscn4167.jpg

2014 Jedi
    40 Float
    Saint drivetrain & brakes
    Canfield Bros cranks
    Hadley/Spank Spike wheels
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Slick ride bro. Did you ride it yet ? Impressions ?

mtbr member
    Not yet.
    Angel Fire opens next weekend but hoping to get some shuttle runs here at Pajarito this week. New Mexico DH Championship is here on June 7.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    It will be my first day on the Jedi tomorrow at Bromont. Can't wait to Monster truck the gnar with my beast.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    This is a sweet thread! I'm just getting started on a Yelli Screamy build, very pumped! Will update with pictures as things start to come together!

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xetal View Post
    Slick ride bro. Did you ride it yet ? Impressions ?
    Quote Originally Posted by roxtar View Post
    Not yet.
    Angel Fire opens next weekend but hoping to get some shuttle runs here at Pajarito this week. New Mexico DH Championship is here on June 7.
    Incredible.
    The Jedi took everything Angel Fire had to throw at it and laughed. It consistently made up for stupid line choices. I'm generally not comfortable in the air but the Jedi is so stable it had me looking for opportunities to put space between my tires and the earth. I even loved Candyland, AF's jump run. Some credit has to go to the new 40 Float. It's incredibly plush while also being stable.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    What a day it was at Bromont riding the JEDI. That bike is stable and fast. The suspension design really works in all situations. I was hucking, bombing, monster trucking, jumping with a smile. As my first JEDI i can really say the bikes lives up to the expectations i got. This one is a Keeper.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Here is my Jedi suspension in action. Litle unedited clip of mid #20 at Bromont

2014 Canfield Jedi action Video - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Awesome....side note, how do you like those knee/shin guards?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hahaha good question. I just noticed i was so excited to ride that i put them on the wrong leg !!! Aside from that that are the best pad i ever had. I tried quite a bunch and these are the best confortable protection money can buy. I bailed few times and they stay put and do their job. The top padded par also work good for hablebar strikes
    Im 6'1" 210lbs and needed XL.

Vince

mtbr member

Right, so I just sent back my Woodie from the '11 frame to get resized. But after seeing your vid, I dont' think that shock will work in that tunnel at full compression. Thanks for taking that vid, it'll save me a couple of hundred bucks!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Right, so I just sent back my Woodie from the '11 frame to get resized. But after seeing your vid, I dont' think that shock will work in that tunnel at full compression. Thanks for taking that vid, it'll save me a couple of hundred bucks!
    Glad it could help. My setup is with the CCDB and a 500LBS ti coil. I dont see much clearance left once the shock start doing it's magic.

Sorry man.

mtbr member
    Glad it could help. My setup is with the CCDB and a 500LBS ti coil. I dont see much clearance left once the shock start doing it's magic.

Sorry man.
    Thanks for the details! Yeah, looks like I'll have to stick w/ the CCDB...it's torture I tell ya! HAH!

Hey xetal, what was the tune on your CCDB...the published base tune or did you change things up? I'm mainly curious if you've added or reduced any setting...possibly increased your compressions and reduced your rebounds?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Thanks for the details! Yeah, looks like I'll have to stick w/ the CCDB...it's torture I tell ya! HAH!

Hey xetal, what was the tune on your CCDB...the published base tune or did you change things up? I'm mainly curious if you've added or reduced any setting...possibly increased your compressions and reduced your rebounds?
    Good question mate i indeed changed one setting. I have the base tune posted on the Brothers web site. I did take off two click of high speed rebound. It was a tad to slow for my taste.

The compression so far seems spot on. I can just bomb down trails. Places i use to go around are now just history, they are getting monster trucked by the JEDI.

Did you ride the new bike a bit ?

mtbr member
    Good question mate i indeed changed one setting. I have the base tune posted on the Brothers web site. I did take off two click of high speed rebound. It was a tad to slow for my taste.

The compression so far seems spot on. I can just bomb down trails. Places i use to go around are now just history, they are getting monster trucked by the JEDI.

Did you ride the new bike a bit ?
    Nope, not yet. I'm waiting to pop her cherry when the lifts open up. I'm trail riding right now to get strong.

Sean just msg'd me that my Emerald is en route. Getting SO FRIGGIN' excited for this season to start. But, our (Colorado) mountains are still snow capped! :/
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    New Jedi Owners,
    Is anyone running a shock other than the CCDB Coil? Or, a shock with a Ti spring on the 2014 Jedi? I'm just about done with my build & will post it up once it's done.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stepneo View Post
    New Jedi Owners,
    Is anyone running a shock other than the CCDB Coil? Or, a shock with a Ti spring on the 2014 Jedi? I'm just about done with my build & will post it up once it's done.

Thanks
    I've got a Ti coil on my CCDB...

Craig at Avalanche has my Woodie and he's telling me w/ a steel spring a Woodie fit a '13 but not a Ti coil. So I might have a go w/ the Woodie using a steel coil in the '14.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Yeah, i spoke to Craig earlier today, who just completed a Woodie for my 2014 Jedi with a steel spring. I transferred most of the parts from my Sinister R9 to the Jedi, and also tested the Avy DHS for spacing on the Jedi. (which is similar to the Woodie, but runs the DHS remote res for the R9). Short story is, it's pretty tight, but, looks like the steel spring will be ok when the Jedi's travel is compressed 100%. ~7mm gap or so on both sides and top, when measuring with a caliper, between the spring and frame through the shock slot. That, however, would make it too tight for a 450 lb Ti Coil which is typically a larger gauge and wider diameter. The 56mm diameter steel Avy spring on my DHS seems ok. I also tested the spacing with a Fox DHX 5.0 tuned by Suspension Experts in NC, with a 53 diameter steel spring, which seemed ok. Most of the Jedi builds i've seen so far are running the CCDB. I've been running Avy since 2001 on all my rigs, so, i'm looking to make the Woodie work on the Jedi.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    New Jedi Owners,

Thanks
    Manitou Revox Pro with a 450lb Manitou ti coil on mine

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    New Jedi Owners,

Thanks
    I've got a Marz Moto C2R with a 550 Ti from Tisprings.com

Fits fine

mtbr member
    Do you guys happen to know the diameter of the Ti Springs you have on your Marz & also the Manitou? Typically 36.5mm or 38mm.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast