Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

2013 Jedi Builds

2013 Jedi Builds-vin-2013-jedi.jpg I figured I'd get a new thread rolling to feature all of our upcoming 2013 Canfield Brothers Jedi builds. Here's mine so far to get things started, waiting on my suspension and our new guides (borrowed fork to get it built up).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Jedi Builds-bos.jpg  

Last edited by KillingtonVT; 01-30-2013 at 07:27 PM.

mtbr member
    A little more bling for you... A custom green we did for Norway and the 2013 link colors...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Jedi Builds-norway.jpg  

2013 Jedi Builds-2013-jedi-links.jpg  

Last edited by KillingtonVT; 01-21-2013 at 07:28 PM.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Sweet, love the yellow

mtbr member
    That Jedi is such a work of art!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm about to pop with anticipation! and there's like... too many months left until I can actually ride it once I do get it!! AAAAAJAHHAHAHAH

May The Force Be With You
    seexy seeexy
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

banned
    Oct 2004
    Did the big slow boat pull up to North America?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Did the big slow boat pull up to North America?
    I had mine aired in, however, our shipment is on target to be ready to roll at the end of the month! I'll keep everyone informed once they clear customs.

Vin

mtbr member
    May 2009
    That dark green is awesome. Looking forward to seeing it built up. I think the Jedi is the best looking DH frame- I'd love it even more if Canfield would make a similar frame but around 140mm travel for those of us on hills.

Roll on Spring Time!
    I love Ano black and raw finishes for durabilty and looks but that neon Jedi is incredible. It really highlights the frame design which too me is unique and appealing for the Jedi.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    I love Ano black and raw finishes for durabilty and looks but that neon Jedi is incredible. It really highlights the frame design which too me is unique and appealing for the Jedi.
    Thanks man... You can't beat ano for durability, which is why we really only offer the frames that way. I 3M clear coated most of my frame, so HOPEFULLY, she'll stay looking good.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    I figured I'd get a new thread rolling to feature all of our upcoming 2013 Canfield Brothers Jedi builds. Here's mine so far to get things started, waiting on my suspension and our new guides (borrowed fork to get it built up).
    So PIMP! Is the Boss in stock yet? I will need a real DH fork this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    So PIMP! Is the Boss in stock yet? I will need a real DH fork this year.
    BOS Stoy RaRe's should be in stock within the next 2 weeks. (We would have to order up an Idylle for you.) Marz will have 888's back in stock next month and the 888 Evo is hard to beat for the $.

7MGTE

rear shock

BOS Stoy RaRe's should be in stock within the next 2 weeks. (We would have to order up an Idylle for you.) Marz will have 888's back in stock next month and the 888 Evo is hard to beat for the $.
    I want to run an air shock for my son so I was thinking xfusion vertor HLR. Any stock? I heard they were hard to get. Thanks in advance.

Should I clear coat my frame or did it come that way from factory?

mtbr member
    I want to run an air shock for my son so I was thinking xfusion vertor HLR. Any stock? I heard they were hard to get. Thanks in advance.

Should I clear coat my frame or did it come that way from factory?
    We are out of Vector's at the moment. We'll find out if they have any in stock.

3m Clear Coat - I used up the last of my supply wrapping this frame. It's something I have always done to my frames to keep them looking fresh. Especially coming from the ano frames to a PC'd, it's a just good idea... keep that beast looking good!!!

7MGTE
    We are out of Vector's at the moment. We'll find out if they have any in stock.

3m Clear Coat - I used up the last of my supply wrapping this frame. It's something I have always done to my frames to keep them looking fresh. Especially coming from the ano frames to a PC'd, it's a just good idea... keep that beast looking good!!!
    OK, I think I got you. 3M clear tape, not clear coat paint. I know the product.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The anticipation is killing me. Can't wait till I can see the "Vin" edition Jedi.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    The anticipation is killing me. Can't wait till I can see the "Vin" edition Jedi.
    You and me both, he is not the only one with that combo.

I should have my 2013 in 1-2 weeks just looking for a fork now.

mtbr member
    i noticed on the cane creek website that the base tunes for the 2013 jedi got changed

did the frame change from 2012 to 2013? or are those just newly suggested settings?
    14' Canfield Jedi - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
    i noticed on the cane creek website that the base tunes for the 2013 jedi got changed

did the frame change from 2012 to 2013? or are those just newly suggested settings?
    I think new settings.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You and me both, he is not the only one with that combo.

I should have my 2013 in 1-2 weeks just looking for a fork now.
    Mine is going to be bright... but more orange.

mtbr member

2013 Jedis Have Arrived!

Our new Jedis have just landed. The 2013ís feature a sleek new cncíd upper link, which allowed us to anodize the links and give the Jediís a fresh new look.

2013 frames colors are Ano Black with polished graphics and Ano Silver. The new anodized link options are Black, Silver, Red and Blue. We also have 3 limited link colors - Powder Coated Turquoise, Ano Green and Ano Orange.

In addition, we are stoked to announce our new partnership with Cane Creek. Not only are our 2013 Jediís going to include a Double Barrel, but they will ship preset to our preferred settings. Cane Creek is also packaging our shocks with Base Tune Cards so you will always have these settings as a reference.

The Double Barrels and the new MRP G3ís will be arriving later this week and we will begin shipping our pre-orders after the weekend. If you have been waiting place your 2013 Jedi order, now is your time!

Please call 801-548-2556 or email us at sales@canfieldbrothers.com for more details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-silver-links.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Our new Jedis have just landed. The 2013ís feature a sleek new cncíd upper link, which allowed us to anodize the links and give the Jediís a fresh new look.

2013 frames colors are Ano Black with polished graphics and Ano Silver. The new anodized link options are Black, Silver, Red and Blue. We also have 3 limited link colors - Powder Coated Turquoise, Ano Green and Ano Orange.

In addition, we are stoked to announce our new partnership with Cane Creek. Not only are our 2013 Jediís going to include a Double Barrel, but they will ship preset to our preferred settings. Cane Creek is also packaging our shocks with Base Tune Cards so you will always have these settings as a reference.

The Double Barrels and the new MRP G3ís will be arriving later this week and we will begin shipping our pre-orders after the weekend. If you have been waiting place your 2013 Jedi order, now is your time!

Please call 801-548-2556 or email us at sales@canfieldbrothers.com for more details.
    Really stoked to be riding Cane Creek on BOTH of my bikes this year. What a great move!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Here's a teaser shot of my bikes for 2013. Review forthcoming.
    Last edited by Vertr; 02-06-2013 at 06:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Sneak peak of my new 2013 Jedi (XL) that is just about finished. I still need to cut the seatpost, work on my cable routing, and double check everything.

2014 Canfield Jedi - 2015 Canfield Balance - 2012 Canfield DJ

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Here's a gallery of my complete build: 2013 Jedi - Imgur

Orange chainguide is going to be replaced with a G3 and I've got HS1 rotors on it now.

banned
    Oct 2004

Brown Santa came by...

Fit and finish is very nice! And, for this XL, I can slip an Avy Woodie thru the tunnel w/o disassembling the lower link! That's nice!
    But, the Avy's huge spring still won't allow the shock to be dropped into the most progressive upper shock mount.
    2013 Jedi Builds-13-jedi-xl-avy.jpg

Bare XL frame weight.
    2013 Jedi Builds-13-jedi-xl-bare-frame-weight.jpg

Looking fwd to this wknd's build session

mtbr member
    Fit and finish is very nice! And, for this XL, I can slip an Avy Woodie thru the tunnel w/o disassembling the lower link! That's nice!
    But, the Avy's huge spring still won't allow the shock to be dropped into the most progressive upper shock mount.
    The top hole is the most linear, not the most progressive actually. I have the same problem with my Woodie (w/ stock 400# steel spring) on my 2013 XL frame though. It only rubs past 50% of the travel. Also, putting mine in the bottom (most progressive) hole yields extremely tight clearances, but it still works.

And my frame came in at 9.451 lbs .

banned
    Oct 2004
    How do you differentiate between the two ends of the shock...on the frame...upper and lower? Okay, maybe I should rephrase...the most progressive hole of the fwd shock mount, yeah?

mtbr member
    How do you differentiate between the two ends of the shock...on the frame...upper and lower? Okay, maybe I should rephrase...the most progressive hole of the fwd shock mount, yeah?
    Looks like I misread it...oops .

So you are saying that the spring on your woodie hits the lower link in the most progressive setting? How about the clearance to the frame in the linear setting when the suspension is compressed?

banned
    Oct 2004

This is about the Avy Woodie only...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocharged View Post
    Looks like I misread it...oops .

So you are saying that the spring on your woodie hits the lower link in the most progressive setting? How about the clearance to the frame in the linear setting when the suspension is compressed?
    Sorry if I sounded snarky...Engrish not being me native tongue and all...so no worries. You weren't the only one I've confused about upper/fwd and progression position

So I shot some pics for you...
    With the front loose, you can see one of the loops of the coil hit the link.
    2013 Jedi Builds-13-jedi-xl-spring-lwr-link-frt-loose-.jpg

I rotated that particular loop out of the way, and a loop behind it hits (didn't shoot it)
    2013 Jedi Builds-13-jedi-xl-spring-lwr-link-frt-loose-moved-spring-.jpg

I swapped the bolted down end and you can see that coil behind hit.
    2013 Jedi Builds-13-jedi-xl-spring-lwr-link-rr-loose-.jpg

I shifted the fwd mount to the most linear position, and you can see there's a ton of space for the shock to rotate up. I never had a problem w/ the spring hitting the top of the tunnel/underside of the seat tube on my '12 lrg...
    2013 Jedi Builds-13-jedi-xl-avy-tunnel-01.jpg

Also, keep in mind this is a 450lbs Ti coil. If I drop it down to the progressive hole, I'd need a 500lbs, and it has to be a steel coil because it'll start rubbing on the sides of the tunnel also.

I had a DHS w/ a remote resi and a 500lbs steel coil I did manage to make work on the '12 lrg...sorry, del'd the FB album w/ the DHS.

mtbr member
    Here is a video of mine. Turn up the volume so you can here it hitting....and below the video is a picture of the marks it made on the frame.

We'll see how this weekend goes in the middle setting, but I am imagining that I will probably end up selling the Woodie and picking up a CCDB.

EDIT: It also looks like your titanium spring is bigger OD than my steel spring. So that is probably why I can use the most progressive setting and you can't. I'm interested to know if your linear setting does the same thing once you get it built up though.

2013 Jedi Builds-jedi_hit.jpg

banned
    Oct 2004
    Oh SUCK!
    Say, what weight is your spring?
    I'll prob never go to the linear setting for the type of riding at Trestle. It's a lot of high-speed jump lines there. I want the deep stroke pop, but the beginning stroke to be supple. Could be I had a bad case of sandy 'gina, but the linear was pretty harsh on the small chunder.

I swapped an email w/ Vin about looking into the X-Fusion HLR Air. Do you have any thoughts on that? Or, I may just put the Elka from the '11 back on...no one rides a 500 w/ that small of a ID, so maybe I can find one cheap

mtbr member
    Mine is a 400 lb, 3" stroke steel spring directly from Avalanche.

My main fear about any air shock on the Jedi is the progressive nature of each compounding and causing either a) the inability to use all the travel with the correct sag or b) have way too much sag to be able to use all the travel...both situations I don't want to find myself in. So if I were to run an air shock at all, it would probably only be in the most linear setting.

I'm interested to know if a Cane Creek Double Barrel Air will fit the frame though, because I feel that it has the best tuneability that might make it work alright.

banned
    Oct 2004
    I saw Kramerguy(?) had a CCDBa on a '12 Jedi if that helps.

I agree that in the case of an air shock on the Jedi, I'd use the most linear setting.

I'll post updates/pics of anything quirky or special that requires attention as the build progress this wknd. Honestly tho, I'm anticipating a very uneventful build. The Avy is a special case the Brothers already know about.

******ed or Branded??
    Mine is a 400 lb, 3" stroke steel spring directly from Avalanche.

My main fear about any air shock on the Jedi is the progressive nature of each compounding and causing either a) the inability to use all the travel with the correct sag or b) have way too much sag to be able to use all the travel...both situations I don't want to find myself in. So if I were to run an air shock at all, it would probably only be in the most linear setting.

I'm interested to know if a Cane Creek Double Barrel Air will fit the frame though, because I feel that it has the best tuneability that might make it work alright.
    I ran and DBair on my 12' Jedi, but have a 13' coming in also in a day or so and will have a DBair on it again. Loved the shock and I've tried all three settings. It fitted all three fine no issues. But in the most linear settings (top) the bike rode like it was riding through peanut butter, stuck to the ground with loads of traction. Great for those off camber chuncky trails but made it tough to pop off of rocks mid trial to switch llines, or to just pop over things, tough not impossible. Oh and it took loads of HSC to prevent it bottoming out which was really easy to do. Most progressive (bottom) settings was great also and rode super poppy, and just skipped over the rocks, but you have to take the time to get the rebound right to make it do so, took me a very long time to get it. You kinda lose a bit of traction, but I didn't fiddle too much with my LSC to fix that. Now the middle setting was the golden ticket for me and my riding style. It had a little of the linear feel and poppy feel of both upper, and lower settings, and with all the adjustablity of the DBair made it that much sweeter. Hope this help. Can't wait to build my 13' keeping fingers cross that I see the brown truck tomorrow or the following day!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

banned
    Oct 2004
    Doodooboi, how much do you weigh kitted up?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info doodooboi, sounds promising...also interested in your weight though.

******ed or Branded??
    Doodooboi, how much do you weigh kitted up?
    I'm 215 kitted up, give or take a pound or so. But that's what I use to gauge my sag. I run about 205 on the Dbair.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member

Here it is... The FULL 2013 Jedi Color Range

2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-black-black.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-black-blue.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-black-green.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-black-orange.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-black-red.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-black-silver.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-black-turquiose.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-silver-black.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-silver-blue.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-silver-green.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-silver-orange.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-silver-red.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-silver-silver.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-silver-turquoise.jpg

mtbr member
    And a few closeups...
    2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-headtube.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-mrp-g3.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-canfield-brothers-jedi-upper-link.jpg

mtbr member
    I also wanted to hop in and comment on the shock fitment questions that came up over the last day in regards to Avy's and CCDB Airs. The spring on Avy's have the largest OD of any shock on the market, that in conjunction with the deflection of the spring under compression can cause the rubbing issue you guys are describing. I ran an Avy on my size Small Jedis with no issues over the past 2 seasons, however, the Larges and X Larges have slightly thicker sideplates than the Smalls and Mediums.

The CCDB Air has been another hot topic in the office. While we really love the performance of the CCDB Airs, the clearance between the air canister and the sideplates of the Jedi can be very tight. As the clearance is tighter than we'd like, we are not recommending this as an option on our frames. We are not saying you shouldn't run one, we are just not recommending it. We will continue to offer the DB Air with The One. We have been really happy with performance of the DB Coil on the Jedi which is why it currently is our main shock option.

Chris and I will also be testing the BOS Stoy RaRe on our Jedi's this spring. As soon as we have a little time on them, I'll post up a comparison to the DB Coil.

Vin

mtbr member
    Thanks for the insight Vin.

Just snapped a bunch of pics of my new build and figured I would post them up...

Several other pictures (and hi-res versions of the ones I posted) can be seen here...

2013-Canfield-Jedi Photo Album - Pinkbike

******ed or Branded??
    hmmm good to Know Vin, I was on a 12' medium Jedi, bumped up to a large, well if the DB air won't fit well on the large I'll got back to the coil.

mtbr member
    hey Paully,

i have the same issue with the CCDB on the large frame, the coil just scratches the top of the linkage, i know its not that good for the frame, but it suits me most when riding.

the coil also has some scars from the frame, ill take a few pics when i have the chance.

Roll on Spring Time!
    That all silver frame/link combo is outrageous. Also liking the orange links for someting different.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    All those color combos are bad ass!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    That all silver frame/link combo is outrageous. Also liking the orange links for someting different.

Yeah, I thought the silver/silver was going to be boring, but it's pure Platinum! Sean is rocking the combo this year!

mtbr member
    I agree, that silver on silver really stands out from the rest!
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

******ed or Branded??
    Yeah, I thought the silver/silver was going to be boring, but it's pure Platinum! Sean is rocking the combo this year!

Yeah thought the same thing, well kinda, not boring but possibly washed out. So I switched at the last possible moment to black links with the silver frame. Bike still looks smexy, expecially now all my parts are black anyways. But wouldn't had mind if I stuck with the silver on silver.

I'll get some pics up on here soon, once I install my cranks, and finsh my wheel build. Guess I can just post up with the older wheels set once my cranks are on.

My new wheelset will look more the part cause I'm doing silver and black spokes with silver nipples and of course black hoops. with yellow hubs for some contrast.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Yeah thought the same thing, well kinda, not boring but possibly washed out. So I switched at the last possible moment to black links with the silver frame. Bike still looks smexy, expecially now all my parts are black anyways. But wouldn't had mind if I stuck with the silver on silver.

I'll get some pics up on here soon, once I install my cranks, and finsh my wheel build. Guess I can just post up with the older wheels set once my cranks are on.

My new wheelset will look more the part cause I'm doing silver and black spokes with silver nipples and of course black hoops. with yellow hubs for some contrast.
    That's going to look BALLER!

banned
    Oct 2004
    Here is a video of mine. Turn up the volume so you can here it hitting....and below the video is a picture of the marks it made on the frame.

We'll see how this weekend goes in the middle setting, but I am imagining that I will probably end up selling the Woodie and picking up a CCDB.

EDIT: It also looks like your titanium spring is bigger OD than my steel spring. So that is probably why I can use the most progressive setting and you can't. I'm interested to know if your linear setting does the same thing once you get it built up though.
    Turbocharg,
    Did you just get your Jedi on VitalMTB's FB post as bike of the day?

Edit:
    Last edited by Pau11y; 02-21-2013 at 10:21 AM.

mtbr member
    Turbocharg,
    Did you just get your Jedi on VitalMTB's FB post as bike of the day?
    Looks like it .

banned
    Oct 2004

500# steelie on XL

Turbocharged,
    No go on a 500. The RS Vivid coil I used rubbed on the sides of the tunnel. BUT, I can get a Ti 450 in there w/o rubbing. I'm going to put my '11 Jedi's Elka back in there w/ the proper spring, for now, and may look at a CCDB when this Sequestration BS is over (I'm a Fed employee). Chris mentioned he's experiencing some weird performance w/ Elka's beginning stroke rebound...

Anyway, here are some shots...waiting to see if I go Saint/Zee for shifting before I finish wrapping the stays.
    2013 Jedi Builds-2013-jedi-01.jpg
    2013 Jedi Builds-2013-jedi-00.jpg
    2013 Jedi Builds-2013-jedi-03.jpg2013 Jedi Builds-2013-jedi-02.jpg
    2013 Jedi Builds-2013-jedi-04.jpg
    Last edited by Pau11y; 03-03-2013 at 04:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    nice ride!

ride.

******ed or Branded??
    Just an FYI, the CCDB and a 500 lb spring is a tough combo. The steel spring is pretty much the same length of the whole shock body. So when you put it on it's kinda tough, but a hell alot tougher to get off. I had to use a modified auto shock compressor and myself and two of my buddies to get the spring off of my CCDB.
    I'm 210, and bumped down to a 450lb, and it was actually perfect for me in the middle setting. This was on my 11' frame btw. Now I'm running a CCDBair on my 13'.

mtbr member
    doodooboi, did you send your CCDB-A for the air can fix?

i did send mine and finally could get the last 1\4 inch of stroke from it

7MGTE

Hells yeah!

Yeah, I thought the silver/silver was going to be boring, but it's pure Platinum!
    That black/black is dope so is that silver/silver!

Wait till you see mine, you beat me to black & yellow, black & yellow, black & yellow!

Your build is dope btw, that Boss fork in yet?

Sean is rocking the combo this year!
    Pics or it did not happen...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Such an amazing bike!

mtbr member
    Here's a couple shots of Sean and I hucking our Jedi's over the weekend...
    2013 Jedi Builds-dsc_0420.jpg

2013 Jedi Builds-dsc_0568.jpg

2013 Jedi Builds-dsc_0503.jpg

2013 Jedi Builds-dsc_05822.jpg

2013 Jedi Builds-dsc_0634.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    wowwww, that is big Cinema.

ride.

7MGTE
    Here's a couple shots of Sean and I hucking our Jedi's over the weekend...
    That is bad a$$!

Any close up of the bikes? I get mine soon, so so freaking excited!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    That is bad a$$!

Any close up of the bikes? I get mine soon, so so freaking excited!
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6971393&type=1

ride.

7MGTE
    Thx, I got no FB account.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
    doodooboi, did you send your CCDB-A for the air can fix?

i did send mine and finally could get the last 1\4 inch of stroke from it
    Uhh, no haven't sent it in. I get full travel just fine. I run about 28% sag, and in the middle setting on the frame. Might go down to 30% sag and up my high speed compression. Just to get it more couch feeling!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

My 2013 rolling insurance policy~~~

My '13 JEDI ! Just back from a much needed suspension breaking in session!

2013 Jedi Builds-seans-jedi.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    That's awesome Sean! The all silver looks like pure sex!

Looks like the G2 mini and a 32t ?? What cassette? Assuming its the micro drive, so 9- ??

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

'13 build specs.....

Med '13 F1 Jedi
    Fox 40 Kashima (stock Ti spring)
    CCDB w 400 lbs. Ti spring
    Rental bar/ stem 780mm uncut, 30mm rise
    MiddleBurn ISIS cranks 160mm w/ 32t DUO ring
    MICRO custom MRP G2 guide
    Sram X9 shifting
    Canfield 9t Micro drive hub (150x12mm)
    9-26 Capreo cassette
    Canfield front 20mm DH tough wheel
    Shimano XT brakes 203mm front and back
    SDG I-fly saddle / carbon post
    Canfield Crampon Ultimates

2013 Jedi Builds-sean-whip.jpg

mtbr member
    Any HammerSchmidts on the Jedis?

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    Any HammerSchmidts on the Jedis?
    I think I have heard of a handful over the last few years but why?

I can tell you its truly not needed on a Jedi and here is why:
    1)Too heavy
    2)You do not need 22 or 24 tooth front gear on a DH bike
    And this is why
    3)run a 32 tooth front CR and Canfield Brothers micro hub (9t) out rear (9-32,9-34, or 9-36 cassette options). You save the weight and gearing all day long.
    4)I ran a 32 tooth front ring last year with 9-27 cassette on my 2012 Jedi. I did several 3-5 hr All Mtn rides last year with other riders on All mtn bikes. These were in shape riders with good bikes and high skill level. I had no trouble riding up front all day. My Jedi was 35.5 lbs and I had a dropper post on it as well for full disclosure,
    lol.

If you want the best light weight DH/AM/FR rig you might want to check out the Canfield One. Better pedaling platform if climbing is your thing.

Hope that helps, PM if you need more info.

7MGTE
    Mine is going to be bright... but more orange.
    I saw that, so so pimp! Can we get some more pics please? Purty please, lol. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Here's the pics I have now: 2013 Jedi - Imgur

I have a photographer friend and we are going to do a studio shoot of it in a few weeks now that my G3 and some other things are installed. I want to be the Vitalmtb bike of the day!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    very nice, is this a 32" mrp with 9-? cassette?

ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Here is a pic of my brother's build. We are working on some nice pro pics, soon.. soon. Absolutely amazing ride though!

2013 Jedi Builds-p4pb9385951.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    very nice!

ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Finally got mine done and ready to ride!

2013 Jedi Builds-p4pb9423524.jpg

Name:  p2pb9423506.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  24.3 KB

Name:  p2pb9423505.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  p2pb9423501.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  21.8 KB

Name:  p2pb9423499.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:  p2pb9423497.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  23.9 KB

Name:  p2pb9423494.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  23.9 KB

Name:  p2pb9423492.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  25.2 KB

Name:  p2pb9423485.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  23.6 KB

Name:  p2pb9423483.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  p2pb9423482.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  22.2 KB

Albums

Build List:

2013 Canfield Jedi Lg/
    CCDB or Elka Stage 5/
    888 RC3 Evo Ti/
    Renthal Integra DM stem/
    SMAC Innovations 820mm wide bar White/
    Formula R0 Brakeset/
    Shimano Ice Tech Rotors 203mm/
    CC 110 headset Red/
    X0 9-speed grip shift/
    X0 DH Crankset 165mm 83mm GXP BB/
    Canfield Crampon Magnesium Pedals Red/
    MRP G2 SL Micro Guide/
    MRP 32t Bling Ring/
    Shimano Caprio Cassette 9-26/
    X9 9-speed derailleur/
    Rear Wheel Mavic EX 823 -> Canfield 9t Micro Drive hub/
    Front Wheel Mavic EX 823 -> Hope Pro 2 Evo Red

7MGTE

Opening Weekend Whistler Mountain Bike Park

Saw this on PB...
    Bikes of the Whistler Mountain Bike Park - Opening Weekend - Pinkbike

What a sweet Canfield Jedi and I see more than one Jedi in this picture, lol.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Saw this on PB...
    Bikes of the Whistler Mountain Bike Park - Opening Weekend - Pinkbike

What a sweet Canfield Jedi and I see more than one Jedi in this picture, lol.
    We had 4 right there! I love that PB has dubbed Vin "Iron Man."

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    nice!

ride.

7MGTE

My sons 2013 Canfield Brothers Jedi

build starts today!

2013 Small Canfield F1 Jedi
    2014 Fox Float 40 FIT RC2 Air Kashima
    2013 Xfusion Vector Air HLR
    Deity Dirty 30 bars
    Deity Enoki grips
    Cane Creek Silver 110 HS
    50MM Canfield Brothers drop stem
    MiddleBurn ISIS cranks 160MM w/ 32t DUO ring
    FSA ISIS DH Platinum Pro BB
    MICRO MRP G2 Jedi guide
    Sram XO shifting / Nokon cable housing
    Canfield 9t Micro drive hub (150x12MM) / Canfield DH race rim
    9-27 Capreo 9,10,11 Shimano Dura Ace 13,15,18,21,24,27 (21,24,27 are TI)
    Canfield front 20MM DH race wheel
    2013 Formula T1 brakes
    Shimano Ice Tech Rotors 203MM front 180MM rear
    SDG I-fly saddle / SDG carbon post
    Deity Cinch SP clamp
    Canfield Crampon Ultimates or Crampon Magnesium

Frame and shock 10.34 LBS

Complete pics coming soon... :-)

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to the entire Canfield team! You all truly make DREAMS come true!

******ed or Branded??

Cool-blue Rhythm

Had her built up for riding for awhile, but I finally got the parts I've been wanting to replace. So here she is all done up.

Jedi Large Frame 13'
    Boxxer WC Keronite 13'
    Cane Creek DBair
    Chris King inset headset
    Funn bar Fatboy 785mm
    Sunline D/M stem 50mm
    Avid Codes F/R 203mm
    X9 Shifter
    XO Rear Der.
    Sram PG1070 dh cassette.
    ODI Ruffian Grips
    Saint Cranks 165mm 36t 13'
    Canfield Mag Pedals
    Thompson Elite seat post.
    WTB Volt seat
    Salsa seat collar.
    Hadley hub F/R
    Mavic 823
    Minons dhf/dhr 2.5's

Haven't wieghed her yet. But I'm hoping she's under the 37lbs mark or at lest close to it. haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Jedi Builds-imag0181.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    build starts today!

2013 Small Canfield F1 Jedi
    2014 Fox Float 40 FIT RC2 Air Kashima
    2013 Xfusion Vector Air HLR
    Deity Dirty 30 bars
    Deity Enoki grips
    Cane Creek Silver 110 HS
    50MM Canfield Brothers drop stem
    MiddleBurn ISIS cranks 160MM w/ 32t DUO ring
    FSA ISIS DH Platinum Pro BB
    MICRO MRP G2 Jedi guide
    Sram XO shifting / Nokon cable housing
    Canfield 9t Micro drive hub (150x12MM) / Canfield DH race rim
    9-27 Capreo 9,10,11 Shimano Dura Ace 13,15,18,21,24,27 (21,24,27 are TI)
    Canfield front 20MM DH race wheel
    2013 Formula T1 brakes
    Shimano Ice Tech Rotors 203MM front 180MM rear
    SDG I-fly saddle / SDG carbon post
    Deity Cinch SP clamp
    Canfield Crampon Ultimates or Crampon Magnesium

Frame and shock 10.34 LBS

Complete pics coming soon... :-)

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to the entire Canfield team! You all truly make DREAMS come true!
    Missing the sticker that says "VIN."

7MGTE
    Missing the sticker that says "CAM."
    Fixed that for you. My sons name is Cameron.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    nice rig's!

ride.

mtbr member
    build starts today!
    Awesome color, same as Vin's it appears. Curious to see the completed build with the purple stuff.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    RM - Your son's bike is going to look SO SICK!!! Stoked to see the finished build!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Fixed that for you. My sons name is Cameron.
    Get thyself to a vinyl shop.

mtbr member
    I see more than one Jedi in this picture, lol.
    There are actually four in this shot! Mine, Chris's, Vertr's and Jason's from Loudenterprise!

7MGTE

family Jedi now

RM - Your son's bike is going to look SO SICK!!! Stoked to see the finished build!
    Well I decided to make it the family Jedi. Not sure a kid that age should be handed a bike like this without actually earning it. Kind of like handing a 16 year old Ferrari for his first car if you follow me?

After riding it yesterday holy $hit!. This IS the fastest frame/bike I have EVER owned! The Jedi bombed anything I pointed it at it was like I had not been off the bike for 8+ months. The high speed straits at AF I hit them full speed in and bike was just planted. Never felt loose or unstable it was so amazing.

I am working on better pics this week and finally weight. Also Vin go easy on me for the 8 foot brake lines, lol. I am trying to address that this week but ever year for some reason I have this issue. The rear brake cable will run through frame like rear d cable.

Better pics coming this week, check this this out for now. L8 bro.

EDIT:

35.71 LBS (Canfield Mag pedals and Marura rotors)
    http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps03d95606.jpg

Edit:updated pics

Last edited by supramk388; 09-21-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: updated pics

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hey that was you I saw at AF! I knew I recognized that color! My brother and I came by you guys for a moment on ours, mine is silver/red and my bro's is white/orange.

We had an amazing time! These bikes are like riding a couch down the hill, its so much fun and soooooo fast! The design is very forgiving in the rough, so it wants to speed up, but then you feel like you're going SO fast, it just seems to eat it all up like it's nothing. We were hitting world cup at speeds I have not been at before, taking lines that I thought were above me, right up and over stuff. Such a blast on these things!

mtbr member
    Well I decided to make it the family Jedi. Not sure a kid that age should be handed a bike like this without actually earning it. Kind of like handing a 16 year old Ferrari for his first car if you follow me?

After riding it yesterday holy $hit!. This IS the fastest frame/bike I have EVER owned! The Jedi bombed anything I pointed it at it was like I had not been off the bike for 8+ months. The high speed straits at AF I hit them full speed in and bike was just planted. Never felt loose or unstable it was so amazing.

I am working on better pics this week and finally weight. Also Vin go easy on me for the 8 foot brake lines, lol. I am trying to address that this week but ever year for some reason I have this issue. The rear brake cable will run through frame like rear d cable.

HOLY F'ing HOTNESS!!!

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    Hey that was you I saw at AF! I knew I recognized that color! My brother and I came by you guys for a moment on ours, mine is silver/red and my bro's is white/orange.
    That was me and my buddy Larry. I saw your bikes from the corner of my eye so I told Larry we are heading by to say hi. Both Jedis were sweet! You had the RO brakes with Elka rear shock, right? We would have tagged along but I had just finished my build at 3AM that day. I had to set up brakes, seat and suspension still. We did not want to slow you guys up looked like your bikes were dialed. It was kind dusty as well and with no goggles (sun glasses only) I was not looking forward the the dust screen, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    We had an amazing time! These bikes are like riding a couch down the hill, its so much fun and soooooo fast! The design is very forgiving in the rough, so it wants to speed up, but then you feel like you're going SO fast, it just seems to eat it all up like it's nothing. We were hitting world cup at speeds I have not been at before, taking lines that I thought were above me, right up and over stuff. Such a blast on these things!
    I agree 100%! Never set up brake levers, suspension or seat, lol. Bike was just so solid I did want to stop riding it until the last chair. I hit World Cup and was thinking the same bike just plowed it.

7MGTE

Thx!!!

HOLY F'ing HOTNESS!!!
    Thank you! Second ride this weekend!

35.71 LBS with Canfield rims and parts (stem & pedals)!!!

ventanakaz

EDIT:

35.71 LBS (Canfield Mag pedals and Marura rotors)
    http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps03d95606.jpg
    ...Sweet looking rig, Wish I had one ;-) ...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

mtbr member
    1st off I wanted to Thank the Canfield Crew for all the help despite being deployed from January thru May and working with me from beginning to end to make this project a reality on everything from shipping/purchase and bike setup.

Got a chance to meet the Crew in Whistler last weekend as well, due to an arm injury I only got to make a couple runs. Top Notch BRO's! hahah.

Just built up in a hurry since our DH season doesnt start here in Alaska till July 4th. Literally assembled it and tore it down, had parts coming in as I was trying to pack it up. So I packed it up and headed to Whistler on the 12th and didnt have a chance to even take pics or get a shakedown ride. Just got back unpacked and here are here is a cleaner pic. Bike performed flawlessly.

'13 Canfield Jedi
    CCDB
    '11 Boxxer R2C2 (blue spring)
    Sun Ringle ADD Wheelset
    Specialized 2.5 Butchers & Kenda DH Tubes (heavy as F%ck but never will flat)
    Descendant Crankset
    '12 Avid Codes 180mm F/R
    X-9 Drivetrain
    PC970 DH Cassette 11-26
    Chromag Fubars OSX 780mm
    Chromag Stem
    Chromag Seatpost & Clamp
    Chromag Moon Seat
    Canfield Ultimates

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nojoke View Post
    1st off I wanted to Thank the Canfield Crew for all the help despite being deployed from January thru May and working with me from beginning to end to make this project a reality on everything from shipping/purchase and bike setup.

Got a chance to meet the Crew in Whistler last weekend as well, due to an arm injury I only got to make a couple runs. Top Notch BRO's! hahah.

Just built up in a hurry since our DH season doesnt start here in Alaska till July 4th. Literally assembled it and tore it down, had parts coming in as I was trying to pack it up. So I packed it up and headed to Whistler on the 12th and didnt have a chance to even take pics or get a shakedown ride. Just got back unpacked and here are here is a cleaner pic. Bike performed flawlessly.

'13 Canfield Jedi
    CCDB
    '11 Boxxer R2C2 (blue spring)
    Sun Ringle ADD Wheelset
    Specialized 2.5 Butchers & Kenda DH Tubes (heavy as F%ck but never will flat)
    Descendant Crankset
    '12 Avid Codes 180mm F/R
    X-9 Drivetrain
    PC970 DH Cassette 11-26
    Chromag Fubars OSX 780mm
    Chromag Stem
    Chromag Seatpost & Clamp
    Chromag Moon Seat
    Canfield Ultimates

That is a GREAT looking rig!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    couple little things needed to finish it off then its game on.

2013 Jedi Builds-p4pb9791891.jpg

dirt visionary
    Hey guys I am having a sizing delima . I am 5'9" ride a medium jedi currently and am getting a new jedi . I feel a bit cramped on my current 08 frame and was wondering what people were running for sizes? I also ride a 2011 sx trail medium and by numbers the close match would be a large jedi . I run my seat almost as far back as possible and feel I am over the bars too much when compared to my sxtrail which I may add I am 100% comfortable on . My sx has a top tube of 594mm and an actual of 546 . Do you think the medium is still the best choice or should I bump it up and if needed I can move the seat forward? BTW I run RF atlas at full length and perfer to stay that way even though I know if I shorten the bars it would push me back further in my riding position .

TIA
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Hey guys I am having a sizing delima . I am 5'9" ride a medium jedi currently and am getting a new jedi . I feel a bit cramped on my current 08 frame and was wondering what people were running for sizes? I also ride a 2011 sx trail medium and by numbers the close match would be a large jedi . I run my seat almost as far back as possible and feel I am over the bars too much when compared to my sxtrail which I may add I am 100% comfortable on . My sx has a top tube of 594mm and an actual of 546 . Do you think the medium is still the best choice or should I bump it up and if needed I can move the seat forward? BTW I run RF atlas at full length and perfer to stay that way even though I know if I shorten the bars it would push me back further in my riding position .

TIA
    Chris - Great chatting with you today! At 5'9", we're sure you will be stoked with a Medium! Please post up build pics once you have her built!

dirt visionary
    Likewise Vin ! Thanks for the help and will do .Can't wait to break her in
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1